Author Topic: Keyboard controls RPM  (Read 532 times)

Offline dallash

• Zinc Member
Keyboard controls RPM
« on: January 21, 2018, 07:36:20 AM »
Until recently, I have used the TPM decrease/ Increase while bombing to gain or maintain an exact speed for calibration. Somehow, in the last few months, the + and - keys on the keypad no longer affect my RPM. The keys show to be mapped under controls...map keyboard. I thought I would be clever and map a couple of the buttons I do not use on my X52 (throttle), and although they show up now under Map Controllers, they do not reduce my RPM either.

I thought I might have been mistaken about my previous mappings, so I changed the buttons to increase/decrease throttle, and that didn't do anything either.

For what it is worth, I installed the latest X52 driver from Logitech and set everything to default. But if I recall correctly, the problem preceded that driver update. And I guess Logitech bought Saitek in the USA?

Thanks,

Dallas

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Keyboard controls RPM
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 07:55:22 AM »
Unmap them from the Saitek.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline dallash

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 07:21:24 AM »
OK.I did that. But it wasn't working before, so that's why I tried mapping to stick... still not working. The - and  keys don't control throttle either, for what that's worth

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 09:20:07 AM »
Is it possible that you have mapped them elsewhere? I used to have RPM on my mouse wheel. Sometimes things get mapped to funny places during installation so either check all controllers for an unknown setting. Or, simply rename the Settings folder and start from scratch.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 06:00:14 AM »
If you map the analog version of any control to an input the digital version of the command will no longer function.

I would suggest renaming the "settings" folder to make sure nothing else is trapping inputs.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline dallash

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 08:22:21 AM »
Thanks, Skuzzy. I now have fresh controls. I am getting everything back like I like it, but I immediately noticed one thing. My X52 Pro Throttle doesn't control my engines. I do not want to screw anything up because I noticed (I think) the axes are analog controls. Shouldn't my slider on my throttle control make my engine throttle (s) go up and down? I am having to control speed with my keyboard for now, which is not a huge deal since I am a bomber pilot, but as far back as I can remember my slider controlled throttle, then I used KP + and - to adjust RPMs.

Thanks again,

D

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 08:27:49 AM »
You can map it anyway you like.  For throttle control, you must map the command "Throttle 1" to whatever analog control you want to use as a throttle.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline dallash

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 07:08:07 AM »
Thanks for your help, sir. All good now.

D