Author Topic: Kill Streaks  (Read 600 times)

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
      • http://None as yet
Kill Streaks
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2001, 08:42:00 AM »
ummm? ummm? ummmmmmmm?

*poof*

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Kill Streaks
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2001, 03:59:00 PM »
11 in 109G10.. thats what I remember for sure.
and around 17 in Fw190A8..
In both, half were aerial kills and half were air to ground kills.
in 109G10 probably best air to air combat kills were 9 kills (1x20mm, 2x13mm)
(sometimes I've been very accurate in 109..  like 10 20mm shots per kill  :))
In FW190a8 its in the same class for pure aerial kills.
In b17 I've killed over 11 in one sortie.. I were strafing a field during my grand streak without deaths and the guy quit coming up as I had just ran out of ammo from most improtant guns - so I got home.
I remember his name too, still.

those were before any land & rearm stuffs in the game..

in FW190A8, streak from all flights without death, is 278.

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
Kill Streaks
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2001, 05:27:00 PM »
14 in a p51, with a couple of hot reloads, all air to air, no vulches.  I tend to fly and fite the airplane without too much consideration for odds or enemy a/c type.  Not too conducive for generating long kill streaks  :) I'd rather have one great fite and get flamed as opposed to generating a long bounce streak....not taking anything away from the guys who like to fly conservatively.

CRASH

Offline Gremlin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.webtreatz.com/tod/lognew.html
Kill Streaks
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2001, 06:06:00 PM »
WTG Guys.  I am seriously impressed.  :eek:

My biggest problem is that I usually run out of ammo, before I can rack anything too major up.  Gonna have to get better at nailing em without having to use so much ammo.

I remember many years ago when I used to fly 'Flying Circus'.  God, I loaded that up the other day just for memories sake.  Never realised if was so terrible.

Anyways, i digress.  In FC when you landed a streak you kept it even if you logged off, you could take up where you left off last time.  Not, saying we should have that in AH.

When you got up to 5 kills you got awarded a medal (Ace), 10 Kills(Order of Merit) 20 Kills (Blue Max).  Awards would be a nice idea.

Anyway congrats on your kill streaks, seems some of us got a lot of catchin up to do, but hey, it dont matter as long as yer havin fun.

<S> all

Grem.

Offline Fester'

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Kill Streaks
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2001, 08:33:00 PM »
this is a much more sensible scoring system.

there is no reason the score counter text should reset upon landing it should reset only upon capture or death in my opinion.