Author Topic: What did you think of HERVE?  (Read 846 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
What did you think of HERVE?
« on: January 27, 2018, 08:40:32 AM »
Tell us what you think of the terrain? Fight times, Spawn locations, Flak Bases?
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline flats

• Zinc Member
Re: What did you think of HERVE?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 09:09:30 AM »
I had a great time was my first one. I was shot down a lot but filmed it will see what happened. The map was good not long between my many deaths. Thanks for hosting!

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 10:00:04 AM »
I thought it was a fun time, though I would still like to see the air spawns at 5k as the majority of the fighting is 5k and under.
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 12:07:49 PM »
I thought it was a fun time, though I would still like to see the air spawns at 5k as the majority of the fighting is 5k and under.

Thank you. The Islands surrounding the main two islands have different Altitude Air Spawns Clockwise going 1K, 5K, 10K, 15K, 20K. (IIRC).

The idea will be to use different altitude air spawns for different challenges or other events.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 12:10:55 PM »
Like the airspawns. Hate that the vast majority of the fighting takes place in the wave tops or tree tops anyway. There are directions other than down!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Bannor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 06:16:14 PM »
I'm the worst pilot out there, but I got 2 kills  to start (hehehe Noman  :devil ) and landed them. Overall my best CC. Thanx for putting it all together Nef!
Destiny brought you here, now FATE will deal with your six!

Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 07:05:25 PM »
Thank you. The Islands surrounding the main two islands have different Altitude Air Spawns Clockwise going 1K, 5K, 10K, 15K, 20K. (IIRC).

The idea will be to use different altitude air spawns for different challenges or other events.

Good deal  :aok
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 07:24:10 PM »
That terrain is the only one that i know of that has bomber air spawns on it (in black) so if anyone wanted to practice bombing you could load it into a player arena and air launch and bomb some CV's or bases.  It's what we used to practice bombing ships last FSO.  :aok
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 10:12:22 AM »
At the moment, I hated the powerful puffy ack, but looking back on the eb-and-flow of the event, I think it's a great idea to provide a "warning" to players that combat has slipped to one side or the other. . .

Maybe a little more separate north/south between bases would keep the action centered a little more... Either way, I thought the terrain was fine, icon range perfect, and the bad guys relentless.

Altitude on air spawns is just fine, I'd rather go down hill fast than up-hill just to play.   :cheers:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 12:01:18 PM »
At the moment, I hated the powerful puffy ack, but looking back on the eb-and-flow of the event, I think it's a great idea to provide a "warning" to players that combat has slipped to one side or the other. . .

Maybe a little more separate north/south between bases would keep the action centered a little more... Either way, I thought the terrain was fine, icon range perfect, and the bad guys relentless.

Altitude on air spawns is just fine, I'd rather go down hill fast than up-hill just to play.   :cheers:

The idea was to prevent camping of the air spawns which has been an issue since the start of the event, first it was airfields, then spawn points.

Hopefully the ack will keep me from having to warn people, especially if  it's dialed up a bit from MA standard.

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 12:34:55 PM »
Nef,

I thought the terrain was great! The puffy was perfect. My squaddies and I launched one time to see an enemy con high over head, "Not in Icon range", taking punishment from Ack. He must have died be cause his plane was belching smoke, likely a pilot wound. That may have been a CM test, which was a good test, but the results were pretty apparent.  You can come to the enemy spawn for a minute, but you're not going to stay.

My only observation that could result in change would be the amount of battle space between spawn points. Moving at 350 to 475 mph in some cases sure closes the distance on those spawn points rapidly. Other than that...

Great Job Kanth!!!
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 02:30:01 PM »
 :salute
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline noman

• Copper Member
      • http://yahoo.com
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 02:32:42 PM »
Knew I would be your only kill Bannor that is why I flew slow and straight for you...... :D
Quote by Delirium:
Frankly, I'd rather be a fluffer at a gay porcupine film company than be a CM.
God bless the CMs for putting up with this community.
Sic Pups        MA
412th FNVG   FSO

Offline Bannor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 04:15:30 PM »
Knew I would be your only kill Bannor that is why I flew slow and straight for you...... :D

Ahem. You were the 1st, followed by another, and then I landed because you're plane was a bullet sponge. (or I missed a lot, lol) Total 4 kills and an assist or 2. I cut out about the last 40, 45 min.

<<S>> Bruthaman!
Destiny brought you here, now FATE will deal with your six!

Damn, we're in a tight spot!