Author Topic: Ju-87G  (Read 3152 times)

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
Re: Ju-87G
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 07:34:21 AM »
Loaded offline practice, every tank dies to the Stuka G. Loaded M476, Panther, Tiger1, Tiger 2, and T34/85. 4 shots top of turret dispatchs the Tigers, 2 rounds to the back of the turret kills the panther, 2 rounds either to the side or back armor kills a panzer, 4 rounds back turret kills the M476 and the T34.

Chuikov

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 07:52:11 AM »
Try a m3? They are surprisingly durable against those 37mm rounds.... think they just go right thru

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2018, 09:57:32 AM »
Try a m3? They are surprisingly durable against those 37mm rounds.... think they just go right thru

This has been a problem with AP on light armor for a while.  Back in AH2 if you didn't have HE loaded, M3's were nearly impervious to tank rounds.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2018, 11:30:20 AM »
StukaG is probably the best tank killer in game. I have yet to have an issue knocking out tigers and panthers. You have to approach at the proper angle and fire on the top of the turrets or just behind them.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2018, 03:38:15 PM »
StukaG is probably the best tank killer in game. I have yet to have an issue knocking out tigers and panthers. You have to approach at the proper angle and fire on the top of the turrets or just behind them.
what he said and a small dot for your sight helps
Also people have a tendency to have too much speed, use full flaps and go in slow take a 1 round (per gun) shot and then pull out.

You need to also be close ( the closer the better) i have my convergence at 175

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 03:41:33 PM »
Back around 2013 I got a copy of Hs 129 Panzerjager and it explained how the 129 pilots made single shot kills with the MK101\103 tungsten carbide rounds against all of the russian heavy tanks. They fired at sub 100m at a slight angle for the armor. So I tested sub 100yd shots with the Ju87 and blew up all tanks up to the tiger1 with single shots. You can shoot flat just under the top track tread between the wheels and sometimes you get lucky. In the MA this worked as long as the tank driver was looking in another direction, otherwise it was suicide.

The Hs 129 pilots in russia had a squadron leader who got the idea from watching how 190's with rockets killed tanks by firing sub 100m flying on the deck. He died after explaining not to slap your tail end on the tank when you pull up after shooting one during a demonstration of just that against a dead T34. Hs129 pilots were known to fly down village streets to sneak up on russian tanks. All that was needed was for that tiny round to make it into the crew compartment or into the engine compartment. I tested the F9 with rockets and a custom gunsight, the method works if you get speed, and line up straight for an approach run. MA tank commanders enjoyed the free kill when I tried to duplicate it there.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2018, 09:55:53 PM »
Excellent stuff here BUSTR!
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2018, 01:53:41 AM »
This has been a problem with AP on light armor for a while.  Back in AH2 if you didn't have HE loaded, M3's were nearly impervious to tank rounds.

AT rounds like he ones from WW2 are not very effective against lightly armored GV:s, its more or less just like a big rifle round and you are by no mean guaranteed a kill just because you hit it.

2x AP hits on a truck with a M4 and while the 2nd round would have immobilize the truck the damage isnt that impressive. An AP .50 round would have done the job just as well.

https://youtu.be/GW2U0qORdLE?t=309
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2018, 09:49:05 AM »
But the ap round should kill a few of the troops in back!

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2018, 12:04:48 PM »
But the ap round should kill a few of the troops in back!

But everyone knows that AHIII tank rounds bounce off windshields.  :devil

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2018, 01:19:36 PM »
I've honestly never had an M3 survive a hit, regardless of shell type, no matter what version of the game, caliber, etc.

No idea why.

Though, one could make a case for the German shells, having an HE component to them
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Denniss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2018, 02:21:26 PM »
Standard german AP tank ammo had a small HE filler. As far as I understand the description of the special 3/3.7cm projetiles they had a special light alloy casing that melted during the penetration and acted like incendiary ammo.

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2018, 04:43:45 PM »
     What convergence did Rudel use? And what angle of attack?

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2018, 05:05:05 AM »
That is how I understood it too.
The problems with light armored vehicles is thatprojectile never melts, but create a hole in, and one on it's way out, and everything in between, , typically happens to APC's, and maybe old Volvo cars  :lol

Standard german AP tank ammo had a small HE filler. As far as I understand the description of the special 3/3.7cm projetiles they had a special light alloy casing that melted during the penetration and acted like incendiary ammo.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Denniss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2018, 05:20:45 AM »
They were supposed to kill tanks with this special and likely rare ammo, not light armored vehicles. I doubt they would have used it vs light tanks either but everything from T-34 and up.