Author Topic: Ace's High MA "war"  (Read 4057 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ace's High MA "war"
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2018, 05:51:36 PM »
Not really, many older players view this game as something other than an open sand box with WW2 toys strewn about to play with. They "want or need" it to be a WW2 war game to justify playing a kiddy game in an open world no rules arena. At best, the MA is a combat game with WW2 toys played like a mario brothers pandemonium cluster flop fest. The SEA has organized scenarios played like a WW2 war game using the same toys.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2018, 06:04:20 PM »
Just had an amusing thought, I bet a number of this audience are laboring under the misconception that I'm some young guy pointing fingers and my seniors. No, I'm in my 60's making fun of my contemporaries taking a kiddy game wayyyy to seriously. It's a game with grown men fixated that it has to be a war game or else. The else, hmmm, the universe ends, the mailman won't bring the mail anymore, the wife won't think you are hunk......it's just a game.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2018, 06:06:24 PM »
So it boils down to official events being organized that creates your distinction between the two.

Haha, you’re kidding, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2018, 06:11:28 PM »
So it boils down to official events being organized that creates your distinction between the two.

Haha, you’re kidding, right?

Not just organized but structured to represent or resemble WWII (you know, an actual war).

It's a simple and straightforward concept. Does it really bother you? :D

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2018, 06:14:03 PM »
I can ask the same of you two guys.

It bothered you enough to create a new thread to discuss it

So it has to resemble a past war to resemble a war? Good god dude, splitting hairs like a champ.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2018, 06:19:53 PM »
I can ask the same of you two guys.

It bothered you enough to create a new thread to discuss it

So it has to resemble a past war to resemble a war? Good god dude, splitting hairs like a champ.

Theoretically, it can also resemble a potential war. The MA doesn't resemble anything of the kind, past, present or future. That's my perspective. I created this thread to discuss perspectives. Have at it. I'm not gonna repetitively have a cow about yours (aka 'You guys are this or that' or 'OMG' or 'Good God').   ;)

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2018, 06:20:12 PM »
Just had an amusing thought, I bet a number of this audience are laboring under the misconception that I'm some young guy pointing fingers and my seniors. No, I'm in my 60's making fun of my contemporaries taking a kiddy game wayyyy to seriously. It's a game with grown men fixated that it has to be a war game or else. The else, hmmm, the universe ends, the mailman won't bring the mail anymore, the wife won't think you are hunk......it's just a game.

If it’s just a game what does it truly matter?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2018, 06:22:23 PM »

Two different things.

Perspective about AH MA. <----------> Perception of the value of someone else's opinion based on your age/experience versus their's.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 06:25:25 PM by Arlo »

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Re: Ace's High MA &quot;war&quot;
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2018, 06:25:37 PM »
Age and experience, we won’t get in to that.

As far as it being different, how so?

You have a perspective and so do I.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2018, 06:37:04 PM »

It matters more to you because you are feeling like something important to you is being attacked while you have staked out a stand and a line in the sand on a hill that don't even exist.

I'm making fun of you because at our age, we should be above this nonsense. The MA is a kiddy game that has provided me 15 years of "fun" because of who well Hitech programmed it. WWiionline is a war game or so the producers say it try's to be. War Thunder is a kiddy combat game. IL2 is an open world sand box combat game just like the Melee arena. The Melee arena in 15 years has only been a keystone cops super mario brothers pandemonium cluster flop arena. And if we want to go back to the beginning, that is all Air Warrior ever was except for the special events just like to day in our Special Events Arena.

A very long time ago I was paid to play AW so I could do phone support for my company's sound card issues in AW. I got free Thrust Master equipment to test on the side. I've been playing AW since about 1988 and started supporting sound cards for that company around 1993.

The Melee arena is not a war game.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2018, 06:37:36 PM »
Age and experience, we won’t get in to that.

As far as it being different, how so?

You have a perspective and so do I.

And they obviously differ (are different) over whether AH's MA represents an actual 'war game.' There's combat (air and ground), there's capturing flags/towns, there's sinking ships but 'a war game' is actually structured to have more of a semblance to an actual war and not just a few elements of such. The MA is more akin to a virtual sport (that allows you to pretend you're fighting a war if you can manage enough separation from reality).

P-51 buddy, there's a P-51 on your tail!

Count-down to a generalized categorization ('you guys') or an emotional exclamation ('Good God') in 3 .... 2 .... ;)

(This isn't going to cause a personal issue, in your mind, between us, is it?)  :cheers:

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2018, 06:42:20 PM »
Arlo,

Stop playing kappa. He was masterful at stirring the AH forum pot.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2018, 06:43:14 PM »
For you it’s not, suppose you just don’t meet up with the right people in game.

With how condescending you are I suppose it’s not really all that big of a surprise.

Haha be above this nonsense?

As far as attacking something important to me, try again Dude. You profess to know so much about me. stop assuming.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. Can’t debate with someone who reads or listens to respond.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Ace's High MA "war"
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2018, 06:45:12 PM »
Arlo, debate is exactly that. It’s a debate and in should know way alter any likes or dislikes outside of the topic being debated brother.

Bustr in with the usual back sliding comments. Haha

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Ace's High MA "war"
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2018, 06:52:43 PM »
And besides the special events run campaigns or Specific scenarios from a war that has already happened. Call it however you want.

The MA is very dynamic as far as aggression and defense. This mimics war more than a single campaign. So.. .