Author Topic: Gv dar  (Read 9311 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Gv dar
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2018, 08:46:56 AM »
Someone seems confused about advantage and hindrance.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2018, 04:07:23 PM »
Well you had mentioned that the maps your working on all have a common thread and that was to contain GV movements on your maps that you were authoring. So it comes as no surprise that even your own team mates were asking for a break. I would like to bring to light when you hinder game play in any form in a game.........it hinders the game.

Funny way to admit what you are whining about is GV's arn't invisible, and spawns placed 500ft above fields with a clear line of fire so a single tank can de-ack, take down the vhanger and do the same to the town. That is the poster child of imbalanced game play which is a primary requirement to get a terrain accepted for the Melee arena. They sneak in becasue Hitech does not have the time to drive every spawn. I set "one" up just to test this if Hitech let it go becasue it was "only" one. My squad mates knew they would never get what you are salivating over in this delusion. Contain, you have finally lost it with your one man white whale crusade.

Dundee go play super mario brothers, you have moved into that realm of absurdity.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2018, 10:18:08 PM »
Funny way to admit what you are whining about is GV's arn't invisible, and spawns placed 500ft above fields with a clear line of fire so a single tank can de-ack, take down the vhanger and do the same to the town. That is the poster child of imbalanced game play which is a primary requirement to get a terrain accepted for the Melee arena. They sneak in becasue Hitech does not have the time to drive every spawn. I set "one" up just to test this if Hitech let it go becasue it was "only" one. My squad mates knew they would never get what you are salivating over in this delusion. Contain, you have finally lost it with your one man white whale crusade.

Dundee go play super mario brothers, you have moved into that realm of absurdity.

I've never been a huge GVer, but I've done this quite a bit now in the last few weeks (overall sorties and such) and I've had no problem doing exactly what's described as the fuss with the GV dar.  What happens and what the real gripe is, they now know a GV is there so don't up, or their prey doesn't up because they know a GV's there and they don't get free kills for the two hours they sit there being a dweeb.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2018, 06:00:34 AM »

Now in AH3 what is demanded is being invisible at will while doing anything the GV driver wants until it's too late for the defenders becasue that is some how fair and socially just to a discriminated class of player called Gver. Otherwise, Hitech has only himself to blame for being unWoke and unaware to these injustices because all the Gver's might leave in solidarity....... :rolleyes:

1) The "invisible at will" thing is hyperbole at best and deliberate untruth at worst. The people most upset about the GV dar don't want invisibility, they want a reasonable chance to get to target before they get detected. I'm guessing that the focus on the BB having turned to how hard it is to see GVs nowadays is in large part because of the GV dar: potential bomb****s instantly know a GV is there and roughly where. When they up in response, the GV is forced to hide to save its life.

2) I've said it before and I'll say it again: if players are forced into a type of game play they find less enjoyable, some will leave, some will adapt, and some will simply be less inclined to play even if they're still subscribers. If the dar remains a fixture in AH3, I hope for your guys's sake that it helps achieve whatever big picture long term vision HT had when he instituted it. It's clearly cost the game a fair # of dedicated players in the short term.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2018, 06:42:50 AM »
Game works great.  Keep up the good work HTC. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2018, 09:06:58 AM »
after having spent most time gving this tour.614 sorties 509 kills 277 deaths not all my tanks-I now have mixed feelings about the gv dar. while a gv dar will tell you a gv or gvs are on that field(a flashing base will tell you something is there) and what section the vehicle is in, you still have to find it. and the hunt can be fun just listen for the engine is all you have to do. leave the gv dar or dump it makes no difference to me anymore.
as for using a plane to find a gv-just a matter of expediency for me.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2018, 10:39:46 AM »
    Does the squeaky wheel get the grease?   Or does the gver get greased?   from the feedback it appears GV pans overwhelm the pics.  My solution thus far is to stop being a ground target.  Have a blast.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2018, 02:40:47 PM »
after having spent most time gving this tour.614 sorties 509 kills 277 deaths not all my tanks-I now have mixed feelings about the gv dar. while a gv dar will tell you a gv or gvs are on that field(a flashing base will tell you something is there) and what section the vehicle is in, you still have to find it. and the hunt can be fun just listen for the engine is all you have to do. leave the gv dar or dump it makes no difference to me anymore.
as for using a plane to find a gv-just a matter of expediency for me.

It does make the hunt a bit more fun, and a lot less frustrating.  But to be honest, it did completely remove part of the GV game.  I think it might be worth it to put up something like the old midwar map, sans GV dar, just to give some folks an outlet.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2018, 03:14:55 PM »
    Does the squeaky wheel get the grease?   Or does the gver get greased?   from the feedback it appears GV pans overwhelm the pics.  My solution thus far is to stop being a ground target.  Have a blast.

Maybe the noisy wheel does not need grease and needs to get over itself.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2018, 03:37:12 PM »
I was looking at some tank combat videos from WT today, from what a player was talking about, in the WT realism match arena he was bragging about main gunning a Ju87. And WT has GVDAR so tanks can find each other becasue of the timer on the match. So even WT is allowing planes to bomb tanks in their version of realism. I guess our sqweeky wheels will all go play in their super mario brothers level arenas. Wonder how they are going to sqweek at Gaijin to get rid of the WT GVDAR??

It tells you exactly where the enemy tank is in the deepest rubble, hiding in buildings, behind trees, in brush, down in a canyon. There is absolutely no hiding or sneaking anything in WT with that DAR.... :rofl
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2018, 03:43:40 PM »
WoT has GV Dar too...    :noid
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2018, 03:51:58 PM »
It does make the hunt a bit more fun, and a lot less frustrating.  But to be honest, it did completely remove part of the GV game. I think it might be worth it to put up something like the old midwar map, sans GV dar, just to give some folks an outlet.

Yes, that is what wee need now with such low numbers, spliting the arena.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2018, 03:59:46 PM »
Yes, that is what wee need now with such low numbers, spliting the arena.

Well, the way they seem to not want to interact with anything other than other GVs and buildings, it would likely make them happier and more inclined to stick around.  Instead of midwar though, I'd suggest making it a GV only arena as that seems to be what they actually desire.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2018, 04:50:09 PM »
If it was going to work today with our low numbers, Hitech could just put back in the GV only arena that Waffle built that I don't think anyone was ever using.

When you have 300-400 players you can open a plethora of self segregation arenas. And the blip of numbers that played in them was just a blip in the face of 300-400. None of them seem inclined to man up and run a special custom arena for the roughly 16 guys doing all the screaming at Hitech. Now they could go to wwIIonline for a hiding and sneaking game  along with their own numbers problems on a never changing fixed 32500sq mile map. The company PR's about it having never changed since they opened their doors. The enemy will know where your tanks are becasue it's an unchanging map of Europe and you have to follow roads and fixed objective captures against defended positions. Looks like they have tank bombing there like we do. Someone introduced town resupply and it's taxing the brigades becasue they don't seem to have enough to provide the support let alone back fill to protect their lines. Or they can go to WT with absolutely no hiding or sneaking and GVDAR that makes ours look like a braille guide for finding tanks.

Personally I got tired of being kicked in the teeth by them becasue I wouldn't let them hijack my terrains and build their gamey utopias. I got the impression they believed I owed them becasue they were forcing their GV ideas on me and I should be honored and ecstatic. :rolleyes: 

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2018, 04:56:30 PM »
None of them seem inclined to man up and run a special custom arena for the roughly 16 guys doing all the screaming at Hitech.

Is it even that many?
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com