Author Topic: A mossie kill recorded as chute  (Read 529 times)

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
A mossie kill recorded as chute
« on: February 02, 2018, 02:03:54 AM »
I unfortunately dont have the video because it was an uneventful flight.  But looking over my stats today I see that a Mossie VI I killed is showing up as if I killed him in a chute.  The circumstance was that I lit him on fire and then flew away.  It took quite awhile for him to break apart, but eventually he did and I was credited with the kill.  At no point did I shoot him after he bailed (if he bailed).  If I happen to light another mossie on fire I'll check to see if its an issue.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
Re: A mossie kill recorded as chute
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 02:11:40 AM »
I guess this is a connection issue, Ive seen it happens a few times. Got 4 kills on the same guy when I shot down his set of B-24:s. he was warping all over the place and when I looked at the scores I had 3 kills of his B-24:s and one kill of a chute despite never saw him bail and also kill number 2 and 3 came When I killed his 2nd plane..
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 03:56:35 AM »
When you kill a plane while under AI control (disconnection), it will show up as a 'chute' kill.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 09:21:20 AM »
When you kill a plane while under AI control (disconnection), it will show up as a 'chute' kill.

Are you implying that the bombers were "disconnected" when killing them, and as such, their deaths register as a parachute kill?

56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 10:00:21 AM »

Are you implying that the bombers were "disconnected" when killing them, and as such, their deaths register as a parachute kill?

I've had it happen with a flight of bombers but never looked up what they were registered as.  It was a really weird situation with the lead bomber being 3-5k ahead of the drones, when I killed the lead bomber the drones showed up right in its place and blew up with the lead.  Then another bomber appeared in the distance, I chased it down and shot down the solo bomber, it was the same player.  So I got 4 kills for the same set of bombers, but the person was offline.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 10:48:21 AM »
IS that simply a byproduct of latency? I was just wondering if it could be the attacker who's "lagging", but it seems more likely that the attacker's Front End is registering the bombers (in this case) as offline?
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 12:04:09 PM »
IS that simply a byproduct of latency?

The bomber pilot disconnects (for whatever reason). The AI takes over. When this happens, there is often some weird warping involved, also when the pilot reconnects and is being put back into flight.
If you kill the formation while it is still under AI control, you will get "chute" kills. I had that happen quite a lot of times in the past years.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 10:38:53 AM »
Can't shoot the chuters'.  :old:

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear