Author Topic: Town resupply  (Read 707 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Town resupply
« on: February 07, 2018, 02:00:24 PM »
When hauling field supplies to a town, what’s the max distance from town that sups can be dropped and still count as a resupply?

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
Re: Town resupply
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 02:45:41 PM »
 I believe that one box of supplies will resupply all structures within 1 mile.  It's that or 800 yards.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 04:15:06 PM »

ONE MILE should still be correct.  I think 800 yards is the range for GV supps.

Bear in mind each building is a separate object, so you need to be within one mile of the furthest building in town to resupply them all.

Per this post from HT:

Is still 1 mile.  Also remember that is 1 mile to each building, not the icon.
HiTech

<S>
KP
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 11:03:47 PM »
Thanks.  That makes sense.  I wasn’t sure if the sups had to be inside the road around the town, the hills, or something else.  The one mile is a more logical distance.

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 03:51:11 PM »
It is purely a distance thing Puma ... I haven't found a surface yet that doesn't work.  <S>!
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 07:52:30 PM »
Right! As far as the quote posted from Ht's response.....I am not so sure that is the case now? I remember not too long ago,that sometimes you would get different numbers for buildings resuplied from different distances that you dropped the supplies...but HAVE NOT seen those differences in some time! Lately I can drop dead center of town/ bases, and get same numbers of objects resuplied. . .? Even at what seems to me,as rediculous distances away?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 09:38:33 PM »
As far as I have been able to determine, it has not changed since I started playing a long time ago ... (I have zero access to the code)

LOTS of rumors and experts have spoken, but it always "seemed" to work identically
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 10:04:41 PM »
Thanks for the replies!  I was trying to determine how close to town a sneak could be accomplished and still make the resupply count.  The one mile provides something to work with. 

<S>Rodent! 👍