Author Topic: AH3 Skins  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: AH3 Skins
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2018, 10:59:20 AM »
In the package of files that become the skin, where do you enter the description title that we see in the drop down list in the hanger? Or is that something Skuzzy does when he packages those files into the sin.res we download? I believe his question is to how possible is it to modify that to include a pre tag indicator for AH2. Or does it require more work to modify a single line in a file than it is worth? Or can Hitech make an interim modification to the list manager app for the name drop downs that would tag AH2 era skins until they are all retired?

We add them under the skin name option when initially uploading the skin for approval by HTC.  Any change to the name after that has to be done manually by Skuzzy. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2018, 01:07:01 PM »
Can I venture from your answer, if Skuzzy made a large scale change to add a tag to AH2 skins, we would all have to download that giant block once again? And it would not be worth Skuzzy's time for one player to make a second set available for player manual download from the WEB site only to solve the OP's request?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2018, 01:11:08 PM »
Can I venture from your answer, if Skuzzy made a large scale change to add a tag to AH2 skins, we would all have to download that giant block once again? And it would not be worth Skuzzy's time for one player to make a second set available for player manual download from the WEB site only to solve the OP's request?

Even a simple name change requires a complete re-download of that skin. I believe that adding a suffix to the skin names would be highly impractical.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2018, 01:20:52 PM »
I thought it would be cool to mark favorites on the skin list with a right click option, with the skin then showing a highlighted color making choosing them a little more convienient.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2018, 01:39:29 PM »

Pretty much. 

If that much effort is made a global blank effects map would do more to improve things than a name change. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2018, 06:56:41 AM »
Couldn't the skins that are not meant for AHIII just be removed?

Coogan

Good question, and you would think that would be easy enough to do a well.  I suspect the reason is limited resources available.  :cheers:
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2018, 06:07:10 PM »
Good question, and you would think that would be easy enough to do a well.  I suspect the reason is limited resources available.  :cheers:

Skuzzy doesn’t want to take a chance on angering anyone by removing a skin they like.   That’s why they remain.
”KILLER V”
The Damned