Author Topic: Want to give very high quality models to event winners.  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Red37

• Zinc Member
Want to give very high quality models to event winners.
« on: April 23, 2019, 10:02:52 PM »
  I build highly accurate static models for a hobby and I'd like to give out some for event winners.

samples: https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipN6GmCaSgwdpvKAnTruDFKqNNWrLbQJYSjanPg2
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 11:07:30 PM by Red37 »
-RED37-
Single Engine Rating, CAD Engineer, Museum quality model maker, Aces High Addict!

Offline Red37

• Zinc Member
Re: Want to give very high quality models to event winners.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 12:39:59 PM »
Sorry guys and ladies but I figured it out and sorry for the spamming, it won't happen again.
Here is the correct link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/121A32O68-_KKlJQv8oGGz4ImaSa7nSME/view?usp=sharing
-RED37-
Single Engine Rating, CAD Engineer, Museum quality model maker, Aces High Addict!

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 01:28:35 PM »
They look amazing Sir :aok

Offline Red37

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 02:17:41 PM »
Thank you sir, just finished a B17F (that one went to Dad) and I have a Typhoon next. Been doing it all my life and i'd love to give a few away to the guys on AH for all these years keeping it going. I fear the day we don't have this simulator. It takes about a month and some change for a fighter and months for a bomber. I did F.Stiglers 109 G6 and I wanna do Charlie Brown's 17 and give em away as a set. By the way I guess they are making a movie about those two as we speak. 
-RED37-

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 03:49:00 PM »
Awesome. I loved the book.

Offline Red37

• Zinc Member
Hold the planes you fly on Aces High!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 11:42:42 PM »
    So here's the plan, we're going to start giving the winners of events a trophy (1:48 scale static models) that go along with the particular event. All costs will be taken care of so don't worry about shipping etc... I'll post some of my work and if your intersted in having one made to your specs; ord(s) loadout, color scheme (doesn't have to be an AH skin that's entirely up to you) or certain squadron/pilot markings, control surface orientation, gear up/down, canopy open or closed, fresh out of the factory or whethred from use. Shoot me a pm and I can build you a one of a kind that I can promise nobody else will have.

I Been doing this all my life for fund raisers and competition, there isn't a ww2 plane I can't replicate. Down to the tiniest detail for instance rivets, paint chipping, panel lines, and especially the cockpit will be sure to amaze. One thing, I won't provide a pilot. Re-creating human skin never looks right. My processes take about a month for fighters and a bit longer (week or two) for bombers. I painstakingly buy the exact colors used by the military's of the day. No mixing paint and hoping it matches.

I have to dig up photos of old projects so look out for those. I believe the first is going to be a torpedo bomber in conjunction with next months torpedo tournement. AKKuya will be posting all the details and don't froget to check the event calandar and good luck! <S>

- Red37
-RED37-

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 01:32:32 AM »
I've been building models all my life as well and most of mine in 1/48 scale don't have the detail that yours do :salute :salute :salute Due to my nuropathy I have to make 1/32 scale or higher because my fine motor skills in my hands have gone down in the toilet, it SUX trust me. Kudos to you on your model building abilities!!!! :cheers: :salute
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline Red37

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 12:00:37 AM »
Thats the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a while, thank you! Our JU-88 is on the way (just ordered today) and it will go to the winner of the torpedo event. After that I might have time to make you one. I'm sorry about your condition, if there's anything I can do for you let me know. I usually stick to 1:48 (don't have cash to build big ones like I want to) a 1:48 bomber takes alot of materials (mostly paint) and time. I couldn't evan imagine say a 1:18 plane.

After the JU-88 build pictures go up on our AH boards I'm sure more people will wan't one. As I said before if you could have your favorite WW2 plane what would you want? It's a tough, tough question there evan for me!   :bhead

Sincerely,
                                                   David Pappas (Red37)
-RED37-

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 02:25:55 PM »
Just a FYI for ya Red, I dusted off my Tamiya model of the USS Missouri circa 1991 ( I served aboard her back then ) and started building it again. I had stopped for a good minute cause of moving in 2015 and actually forgot about it cause things got real hectic for a while. Also my FW190A6 from Eduard is also out, ( I always work on 2 at once for when I'm having to wait while parts are drying and such lol ), on the Missouri I drilled out the barrels of both the 16" and 5" guns ( on a 1/350 scale ship those 5" guns are a pain in the donut lol ) plus I'm adding some more detail to my station the her ( port side forward CWIS ), since I haven't found a correct railing sheet they'll be made from scratch. Gonna take me a lot longer to complete cause of my disability but I never give up, just take a break lol. You should be proud of your modeling abilities, they are off the charts as I told you before!!!!  :cheers: :salute
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline Red37

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2019, 12:55:19 AM »
       Never built a surface ship but submarines are a favorite of mine. Too funny how you said "I usually work on two at the same time." I do the same thing for the same reasons but I'm only doing one at a time so I can get some hours on AH while things dry/set. I'd absolutely love to see your ship. I took a tour on BB-61 Iowa (I beleve that was the name) and one day want to challenge myself on something like that.

Model technology seems to be getting more realistic everyday, the new olis, pigments, etched panel lines, new micro elecrtonics for nav, recog, and landing lights.  Little motors for the props, evan all the rivets are now are where they should be! Laser cut etc.. My skill is in the airbrushing. German motteling will make you an expert with an airbrush.

Give me jingle if you want something I can do/help you with. I really appreciate the kinds words - really it means alot.

Sincerely,
                                                     David Pappas, aka: Red37

P.S. Aviationuploaded@gmail.com
-RED37-

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2019, 09:14:42 PM »
       Never built a surface ship but submarines are a favorite of mine. Too funny how you said "I usually work on two at the same time." I do the same thing for the same reasons but I'm only doing one at a time so I can get some hours on AH while things dry/set. I'd absolutely love to see your ship. I took a tour on BB-61 Iowa (I beleve that was the name) and one day want to challenge myself on something like that.

Model technology seems to be getting more realistic everyday, the new olis, pigments, etched panel lines, new micro elecrtonics for nav, recog, and landing lights.  Little motors for the props, evan all the rivets are now are where they should be! Laser cut etc.. My skill is in the airbrushing. German motteling will make you an expert with an airbrush.

Give me jingle if you want something I can do/help you with. I really appreciate the kinds words - really it means alot.

Sincerely,
                                                     David Pappas, aka: Red37

P.S. Aviationuploaded@gmail.com

Go on my facebook page, you'll see quite a bit of my modeling (USS Missouri) and airbrush work. Look for Ron Pomplun on there I believe I'm the only one lol, even though there are quite a few Pomplun's on there including 1 that was the 2013 Playboy playmate of the year lol!!!
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2019, 10:46:16 PM »
I just started building models again after 25 years away from the hobbie. I had a couple old NASCAR models someone had givin me years ago. Not to worried about how they come out, figure they would be great to practice on getting some skills back. First came out ok, second Im adding wires, hoses and such to get  more detail. Learning new skills with a new airbrush and compressor. I have a P51 in the wings as the next project. Hoping to pull out all the stops on that one. If it doesnt end up in the trash, maybe I'll post a few pictures.  :x

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2019, 02:21:48 PM »
Very, very and again very nice work  :aok

I would dearly love to find any of the balsa r/c models that my father was building back
in the late '50s and early '60s but alas, I all I can find are partial or prefab kits  :mad:

"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2019, 10:54:06 PM »
Very nice  work Red!   :aok  :salute