Author Topic: Mediterranean Tile Set Testing and Topo Testing. II  (Read 4221 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Mediterranean Tile Set Testing and Topo Testing. II
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2018, 07:00:47 PM »
Once more into the breach.

I've defined two super large airfields per country as the uncapturable. And I will place a single 2x2 vBase at the top of the center feeder river that will allow for a circle of spawns capture path around the map. It can service fields below it against base captures with M3. And I may still ring the city with a static road, then run a road out from there 5-8 miles long. Then place a spawn near it if a country can fight their way this far in and capture that vbase. Resupply will be faster by c47, the static road is for those intrepid souls who want to drive to the strat and shoot at them or the resupply trains.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2018, 01:02:39 PM »
How to transition something shoe horned in that you had to wait until you get there to decide where to place it...... PITA has a cousin named pooty.....and Hitech and his supply paths...... :bhead

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2018, 08:44:12 PM »
It's getting there.....

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2018, 09:07:43 PM »
Beginning the foundation painting after spending the day finishing the canyon land and creating all the elevations in the second half of Country-1. At least now I can create mountain ranges and Highlands in my sleep. It's the planning of how they will run that never gets easier. Now I got to get all artsy on this puppy.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2018, 04:11:05 PM »
Country-1, weeeeeeeeeee................. ...

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2018, 05:33:15 PM »
Looks great bustr!

"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2018, 08:56:48 PM »
A nibble at a time.

This is getting to be like painting 20-30 small landscape paintings at a time after spending the first half of the day sculpting the same places on a table top in clay.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2018, 03:50:07 PM »
It's amazing how fast you can throw in large blocks of terrain if you first map where the water runs off the ridges on a water shed. Then the bulldozer tool just connects the dots. Then you come back later and apply a texture to the surfaces with the raise hill tool and paint it.

If you cross section any geo formation on this planet you will see there is a geometric foundation block shape to the cross section. Then the surface is just texturing that is semi predictable based on the structure of the rocks and the forces that placed those rocks where they could be eroded. So I'm constructing a lot of long triangular shapes and blocks that I then sculpt a bit and paint. Because I elevation stepped this terrain in large rings of 12000, 5000 3000, 2000, 1000, 500, 20ft down to the pond in the center. I never have to guess at what the scale for highland areas or low land hills should be. 

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2018, 06:37:46 PM »
Just another day in the neighborhood.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2018, 05:52:04 PM »
Getting there with Country-2, those canyons.....Ugggh..... :rofl

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2018, 06:50:29 PM »
Sometimes this is fun making it work.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing