Author Topic: bombers  (Read 1128 times)

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
bombers
« on: April 08, 2018, 02:30:14 AM »
Please correct the drone bombers not staying with the lead plane. Human wingmen would have no problem staying with the lead plane. It gets worse with speed. I'm not making abrupt turns either. They are normal turns, sometimes rudder turns. And off the drones go way left or right. It also doesn't make sense for the planes to blow up if they get a certain distance. They should make whatever turns it takes to get back. It's really been going on since drones came about. I thought AH would address it.
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
Re: bombers
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 05:20:26 AM »
More like a wish than a bug report. -1 from me. If you fly like a bomber should, they stay in a very nice formation.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 08:54:47 AM »
What asterix said. The reason they are setup the way they are is because they were being flown "unrealistically" if I can use that word in a game. Players were doing loops and barrel rolls and turning on a dime and your drones would stay hooked to you. If your losing your drones you flying the buff outside the envelope that HTC has restricted them to in the game. There is nothing to fix.

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 05:30:44 AM »
Thanks for making my point. I'm saying just that. We're talking simple turns. Nothing 2 individual bombers wouldn't be able to do. The bombers are being flown well inside their flight parameters. But I see your point of the possibility. If that's happening then we're back to programming. This game shouldn't be allowing planes to do things they're not suppose to.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 05:34:41 AM by viking73 »
T2Maw
S.A.P.P.
Skin Designer

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 11:54:51 AM »
I had this happen a few times. During climb out one of the drones would fall behind and drop alt for a few seconds and then it would form back up.

At first I would throttle back to allow it to catch up. Now I just keep my throttles wide open and they seem to catch back up in no time at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 12:47:15 PM »
Regardless of what perhaps "should" be, the way it works now is if you bank sharper than some limit (about 30 degrees is what I vaguely recall being the threshold) the drones just won't keep up.  It appears to be a design choice.  You can easily see it if you just start banking and slowly roll until they start to slip.  Reducing throttle will allow them to follow you through a sharper turn more easily, iirc.

As to what a bomber actually can and can't do, that's a barrel o' worms not worth opening IMO, although there's a part of me that would like to see all your gunners that aren't strapped into a seat become injured and unusable if you invert a bomber, perhaps with screams and cursing as you execute the maneuver.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 01:18:42 PM »
I believe he is referring to “drone slip” while performing “in envelope” maneuvers.

I have witnessed, on several occasions, both or one of my drones not able to keep up in an auto climb (default .speed).

At first it feels as if they are gonna go the way of the Dodo bird but they eventually catch back up.

As far as pushing drones past the programmed threshold. Add opposite rudder to the direction you are turning. You can bank a bit harder and still retain your drones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 02:15:27 PM »
Personally, I only ever "turn hard" to try and make another bomb run without properly exiting the initial bomb run... This is only achieved by an auto-climb and turn as when your lead "dips back down for speed", the drones seem to keep up...

IMHO - They are fine right now. (I haven't come across any instances where reasonable maneauvers lose drones) - But that's just my view from my PC...
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 07:33:33 PM »
I can make a whole set turn quite quickly, simply pull back on the stick while you do your turn, even a notch of flaps or two if you'd like once you've turned to the angle you want, do a slow dive to pick your speed back up.   :joystick:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 01:14:27 AM »
T2maw, Your drones will stay with you better in turns if you do level to increasing altitude turns.  Watch your climb instrument.

one-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 02:35:43 AM »
Most of my turns are done in gunner positions. Simply go in a forward gunner, F3, and use yaw. Little altitude change and lower degree turns for drones to stay with me for another bombing run. But even in this simple turn the drones have will start to go real wide. Combination of straights and turns helps keep from losing them. Still it's like "where are you going". lol
T2Maw
S.A.P.P.
Skin Designer

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 01:29:33 PM »
I just reviewed a film of this very complaint.  Player lets airspeed drop to 95, then yanks stick left and the drones stayed with him.  Did it again, only pulling up, and drones stayed with him.

Third time, he pulled back on the stick hard, then banked hard left, then nose down and lost the drones.

Worked as designed.  I was surprised he kept them after the first maneuver.  They faded, but then they came back into formation.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com