Author Topic: Amazing bombing ability of HomerS  (Read 5231 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Amazing bombing ability of HomerS
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2018, 05:59:09 AM »
Why is this post still in General Discussions?
People report bugs in the Bug Forum, but they get moved to Technical Support or Help & Training (can't actually be a problem with the game, huh?)
This should be moved elsewhere, according to the way things are run around here...

Coogan

No way to know as you are not providing the information I have asked for, twice  (here http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?action=post;quote=5214794;topic=392929.0;last_msg=5214843 and here http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,392929.msg5214803.html#msg5214803).  Without information there is no way to categorize anything.

Here is the sticky post in the Bug Report forum.  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,270056.0.html

Here is the pertinent section:

"Information is key.  Remember this;  The key to fixing any software issue lies in being able to reproduce the issue on our development systems.  Without proper information it is a waste of time to try and duplicate the problem.

Example:

Hey, the game crashed, fix it!

Okay, this will simply be ignored as there is nothing there to help point us in the direction of the potential problem."

With no information available, the only thing that can be done is to fallback to logic.  In this case, you are the only one reporting this issue, out of hundreds playing the game.  Logically, it points to something being different with your configuration.  What that is, is anyone's guess if you are not willing to or cannot provide the data requested.

As I explained in my post in your thread:
"I moved this to Tech Support forum as there is not enough information to qualify as a Bug Report."
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2018, 11:07:22 AM »
   Mongoose ,Homer need not teach Me, I know how to do it. I can bomb ships from 10k without using a bombsight and hit them with great frequency.  I just refuse to do it. To Me that is fantasy play not a simulation.   I play for the sim. not the game or map wins. So I am happier with  planes that  are closer to a real plane's performance and handling characteristics and that is what I stick with for the most part.  I guess I'm a purist of sorts.  Many who Are ignorant of WW2 airplane history and performance wouldn't care. I also understand why Ah would not want to model bombers in the same  performance realm as the actual  ones.    Many bomber players would object do to that  because it would affect the quality of their game play in as not being as successful and unmolested as they are now.  My thinking is contrary to that .  I think It would improve game play by enhancing the chance of opfor engagements. IE. air combat at realistic altitudes and more realistic bombing results would mean more sorties to  destroy targets.  Have a blast.

Pot accuses kettle...
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2018, 01:41:34 PM »
A purist of sorts... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  OK, all laughing aside, let's break some things down.

MA is relaxed reality to allow for maximum enjoyment of the maximum number of players.  Things like weather and wind are not taken into account, nor is there manual calibration of bomb sights.

All of these things are available in custom arenas, FSO, Scenario and other realms of the game.  In fact, you can customize just about everything in this game if you so choose to.  Feel free to setup an arena and see if you can get players.  If it's shows up as constantly full and people enjoy it, I'm sure HTC would look into creating an MA arena with your settings/setup.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2018, 01:43:15 PM »
This is more likely how it will go though from what I've seen of these types of posts:

OP Dies in MA
OP runs to forums to post about how horrible game is
OP make outlandish claims about personal knowledge of real WWII equipment
OP refuses to provide any source material for outlandish claims
OP gets refuted by multiple people who provide source material
OP claims everyone else doesn't know what they're talking about
OP creates a new post to a different forum such as "Wish List" and continues his gripe without providing any source material
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2018, 01:50:22 PM »
This is just done.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com