Author Topic: Control Modes  (Read 2353 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: Control Modes
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2018, 10:20:17 PM »
Just checking back..  is there something wrong with my settings or is this bug related?

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 08:40:25 AM »

Try - Options > Preference >View Options > then adjust that mouse sensitivity. See if that helps.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 12:43:10 PM »
Have messed with that in the past with no luck.  The only setting change ive had luck with getting it to move down scope is with the x and y axis under controls sensitivity, and even then it isnt any good at all because the driving mode is jerky and uncontrollable,  Not to mention airplane controls, bomber gunners, etc.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 02:38:24 PM »
Im also confused as to why the down scope mode feels locked, and if I hop into a pintle gun it moves just fine?

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2018, 04:22:36 PM »
I renamed my settings folder, and re-started the game, I didn't have the "locked" feeling. Granted, as a personal opinion,  it did take more input to move the turret from the scope view, but I believe Dale change the sensitivity back in 3.2.patch 11.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2018, 07:08:54 PM »
So i rename that folder, and all my settings for everythin else are gone?

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2018, 07:19:20 PM »
So i rename that folder, and all my settings for everythin else are gone?
Rename it, say "xsettings" and see if it fixes the lock in a tank sight. If it does, then its something in your mapping. If no discernable difference, delete the new "settings" folder, and then rename "xsettings" back to "settings" and all your original settings will be restored. Then you can try to find out what's causing the locking sensation in tanksight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2018, 11:56:21 AM »
I just tested it and it has done what it has always done. I use my mouse for guns and GV's to control the guns. In the 17lb the gun moves faster unzoomed but, zoomed it moves slowly for fine control over aiming adjustments. In tanks I find the same principle is in play as the difference between commander mode\MG mode and main gun optics mode. I think Hitech scaled the movement precision of the FoV to each position. If you are in a wirble and can swing it's gun at speed even in zoom with your mouse, this is a Hitech setting on purpose you have problems with.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2018, 12:17:36 PM »
My problem is i cannot turn the turret at all inside of the scope, and im guessing thats not how its intended to work.. lol

Ill try the settings folder trick next time i get some time to play.

Offline 27th

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2018, 01:06:05 PM »
Im still in the process of getting controls to work with a mouse in a GV, they are fubar.

If I mess with the sensitivity in tanks and planes, its mode 2 i believe, it somehow changes my settings to mode 1?

IE, I need to turn my sensitivity almost all the way up in GV mode, just to be able to move the turret in from the scope.  If I go to hop in a plane, the sensitivity is is so high you will wont be able to control it.  Keep in mind, when these high sensitivity settings are applied to even be able to move the turret in scope mode, the command mode or whatever you'd like to call it is totally spazztic.

After that fact, if I decide to hop in a buff and use gunners, they are jump around so spazztically its not possible to aim.  You will see in my previous post, there was absolutely 0 issue with these items before a certain patch, the one where mouse movement needs to be continued to continue to move the turret.  Before that a slight roll of the mouse left would continue to move until i moved it an equal distance to the right to center it.

Really about to just give up on this.  My last post got absolutely no reply.  Its getting to the point where its just not worth it to me to figure out, as I am 98% positive it cant be fixed by any manipulation of the settings on my end at all, unless something went fubar in a patch and a fresh install is needed.  I doubt that.

If you would like to log in through my system somehow and try playing the game with my settings, let me know.

If you don't care, let me know, and Ill move on.  But if this is something every new player using a mouse experiences, you have some real issues.

Just to point out, I've been using a mouse on this game for all 17 years on this game, not including 5 years in Air Warrior.  :old:

I hope this helps:
Lazer, I had a similar problem like you did in regards of the GV just a few months ago but not from a patch issue. I had to update my mouse software and the problem got rectified. I have a Logitech G502 optic mouse which I can modify sensitivity offline too.

In regards to the latest patch, overall it messed a few things up and made some worse.

That text clutter that was telling me that I was in Mode1, Mode 2, when I was flight, well  I turn that off thru Options -> Controls -> Map Controller -> Uncheck "Auto Select Mode"
That Auto mode select was causing a lot of problems such as when I was in a gunner, or in the scope position in a bomber, It wouldnt allow me to adust the speed of my bomber to accurately drop my eggs.

The Battleship guns and Cruiser guns from a CV are jacked up, still as of 4-17-2018.

Anyhow, In the past year I have been getting into GV'ing and I currently I have no problems in turret rotation on any mode.

27th  a.k.a  JB27  :salute   

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2018, 01:59:01 PM »
I've gone from a USB thumb marble mouse back to an old school USB optical mouse. Both with the default drivers from Win7. Nothing exotic and I've never run into your problem. Do you have a second known working mouse to test with to remove your OS or hardware. Mice do get old and start malfunctioning. Players have ever blamed the developer instead.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2018, 08:23:00 PM »
So here is my issue now, if I go into view settings, i can get the scope to move around enough that its usable.

When i go into the driving mode, out of scope, it is so sensitive it almost makes you sick to use.

Any ideas?

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2018, 08:30:33 PM »
So here is my issue now, if I go into view settings, i can get the scope to move around enough that its usable.

When i go into the driving mode, out of scope, it is so sensitive it almost makes you sick to use.

Any ideas?
I'm going to have to escalate this to Hitech, and do some deep bug searching,  if there is one. Right now, I'm befuddled.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2018, 08:36:15 PM »
I'm going to have to escalate this to Hitech, and do some deep bug searching,  if there is one. Right now, I'm befuddled.

I feel like if I turn my sensitivity way down in the control setting portion of things, it feels normal in the driving mode, but then my settings are screwed for flying a plane with a mouse.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2018, 08:37:57 PM »
I appreciate you guys' replies in here to help me figure this out, I'm doing the best I can to describe it.

The fact ive managed to kill a few guys now from a scope is an accomplishment, but driving and scanning the terrain out of scope make me want to vomit.   :cheers: :aok