Author Topic: Players who has passed that we miss...  (Read 8643 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Re: Players who has passed that we miss...
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2018, 07:31:13 PM »
Mac was a friend to me when I was neophyte here and we exchanged calls and emails.  Life happened and I was away from the game and the boards for a long time.  Then one night I logged on for the hell of it and saw that he had passed and just absolutely broke down in tears.  He was a really good guy.

To all that have passed  :salute

Fock me. Mac passed? Shiite. :(

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2018, 03:32:40 PM »
Don't if he has died or just away from the game but I do miss PoolFool
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2018, 09:57:24 AM »
Yep, miss both ,great guys  !
  Sometimes we forget to appreciate people when are still around.  https://youtu.be/5W16YFgJ_RU

Nice link to a Sam Harris Vid.  Appropriate IMO.

I've been reading up on his stuff.  https://www.amazon.com/Waking-Up-Spirituality-Without-Religion/dp/1451636024

When you do come back go Nit.  I did.  I have been surprised about how many x-Bish have ended up there.  Different country culture and it is taking time to get used to it.  But all in all, a good side switch.

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2018, 10:38:41 PM »
Nice link to a Sam Harris Vid.  Appropriate IMO.

I've been reading up on his stuff.  https://www.amazon.com/Waking-Up-Spirituality-Without-Religion/dp/1451636024

When you do come back go Nit.  I did.  I have been surprised about how many x-Bish have ended up there.  Different country culture and it is taking time to get used to it.  But all in all, a good side switch.

Well said SYserror, good people on the knit side, as well as the Rook side. Different cultures but good people.
 :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2018, 12:31:14 AM »
So many I remember.

https://bearcats18.enjin.com/rip
so many names on that list I remember. I had great times with them.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2018, 12:39:17 AM »

Grizz is alive and doing well!  Oh and so is Ghosth,Ghosth is busy being a gramps.

:salute
Yeah Brandon "Grizz" is doing well. Focused on work and life.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2018, 02:17:15 AM »
Anyone know what happened to LBJxxx(numbers but cant recall). Last I heard he had lost his wife, then just dropped off. He was a hoot when he and Wizzy were at the same base! Miss that guy :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2018, 07:19:18 PM »
I didn't know Mieta died. Sad.

How are YOU doing you dried prune-California-Hippie-Weed-stinking-friend?

Yeah, I went to his grave site service- I was afraid to go to his Church service because it was Catholic and I might spontaneously combust upon entering the church. But Andy was a great guy, it's too bad he left us so early.

Me, I'm doing good- fires are kicking our asses, and weed prices are down but other than that my underwear is loose and there's no stickers in my sandals so I can dance and flop. So how is Montana? Enjoying being out of the rat race?

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2018, 03:18:30 PM »
Geez lots of names I remember being added to this list from my days in AW and AH2+; glad to see a bunch of others that aren't on the list and they are posting in here.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2018, 10:35:56 AM »
Yeah, I went to his grave site service- I was afraid to go to his Church service because it was Catholic and I might spontaneously combust upon entering the church. But Andy was a great guy, it's too bad he left us so early.

Me, I'm doing good- fires are kicking our asses, and weed prices are down but other than that my underwear is loose and there's no stickers in my sandals so I can dance and flop. So how is Montana? Enjoying being out of the rat race?
LOL!   :rofl You have a way of describing yourself like no other.

We don't break ground until May 1st for the foundation. They are escavating the lot and putting the driveway in as I type.
I've discovered that "Retirement" means being tired over and over and over again. How the heck did I let so much stuff go when I was working?
Playing catch up, fixing the house up, paint, new fence, etc. Busier now than I ever was working at Boeing.

May 1st 2019 can't come fast enough. Then I'll be living in a 5th wheel trailer on Flathead lake for 5 months while the house is being built.
All one floor, 2500 sq feet. I'll have a crawl space except for a 15x30 ft gun room in the celler with a vault door, climate controlled.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 10:39:02 AM by Ripsnort »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2018, 10:05:40 AM »
I imagine I'll go online and see my name here someday. I'll try to fully log on but won't be able to (ID and password no longer recognized) then I'll get a message "You're dead. Rest in Peace. For the forum to talk to fellow dead members go here: (url address)."                                     

I wonder what the arenas are like on the other side.

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2018, 11:04:55 AM »
LOL!   :rofl You have a way of describing yourself like no other.

We don't break ground until May 1st for the foundation. They are escavating the lot and putting the driveway in as I type.
I've discovered that "Retirement" means being tired over and over and over again. How the heck did I let so much stuff go when I was working?
Playing catch up, fixing the house up, paint, new fence, etc. Busier now than I ever was working at Boeing.

May 1st 2019 can't come fast enough. Then I'll be living in a 5th wheel trailer on Flathead lake for 5 months while the house is being built.
All one floor, 2500 sq feet. I'll have a crawl space except for a 15x30 ft gun room in the celler with a vault door, climate controlled.

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

That’s a really nice looking retirement place! 

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2018, 01:24:38 PM »
That guy who stole the plane flew here <S> RIP
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2018, 04:10:32 PM »
<S>

A few squad members from the past in the 327th.

Eagle                                                                                 
Zulu
Mjollnir

We used to fly a lot of joint ops with 68th, KO was a good dude.
Had no idea Pipz passed, sorry to hear.
Always had a blast with him.
May they all RIP!

<S> Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID