Author Topic: Can't upload terrain  (Read 783 times)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Can't upload terrain
« on: May 03, 2018, 03:26:07 PM »
I am trying to upload a custom terrain to the server for use in a custom arena. I have:-

Loaded the terrain into the TE, built a clutter mask for it, checked for errors (no errors found), run the uploader, pointed it at the oba file and ticked "upload terrain to host". However every time I do this the uploader displays the "Unable to Upload" box telling me to check for errors again. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Re: Can't upload terrain
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 08:19:49 AM »
Well I played around with a few things, added a road, then a whole road system but still couldn't get it to upload. Tried another terrain which did upload, want back to this terrain and it uploaded too, no idea why though.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 08:36:02 AM »
Greebo, I just missed this.  I am moving it to the Bug Report forum so HiTech can check into it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 09:10:07 AM »
Just repeated the solution. Made a change to the terrain and got stuck in the "unable to upload" loop. Changed to a different terrain which uploaded fine, back to the first terrain, no error check and the uploader worked fine.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 08:39:04 AM »
Just repeated the solution. Made a change to the terrain and got stuck in the "unable to upload" loop. Changed to a different terrain which uploaded fine, back to the first terrain, no error check and the uploader worked fine.

Ez reported this problem before and I could not duplicate it.

Greebo in your aces high folder there is a buildter.cfg file. After building the terrain thats not working  would you please email it to support@hitechcreations.com.

Thanks
Dale

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 09:11:54 AM »
My solution was to use the "Browse" button each time. Even then, Jaeger reported it may have taken a couple passes to make it work and I didn't watch his steps.
It seemed to me that the displayed (correct) path didn't match the path stored and used in memory.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 01:40:55 AM »
I have sent the buildter.cfg file to support. I also tried Easyscor's solution of using the browse button on the uploader and this worked for me too.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 09:50:17 AM »
I have sent the buildter.cfg file to support. I also tried Easyscor's solution of using the browse button on the uploader and this worked for me too.

Yes, you did, and somehow we lost it.  I am at a complete loss as to how that happened.  Sorry Greebo.

Could you zip it up and post it as an attachment in this thread?

Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 01:02:46 PM »
I don't want to do that as the file includes my game log in details, so I have emailed it to support again.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 01:16:52 PM »
Alright Greebo.

Got it.  HiTech has the information.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese