Author Topic: Advertising Idea, (reaching the targeted audience)  (Read 9073 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Advertising Idea, (reaching the targeted audience)
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2018, 05:42:43 PM »
If I'm working at a museum without a decent internet connection then there's more than a decent flight sim at stake. If I'm not, the metrics I'll be measuring will likely be related to something else (maintenance of the project, participation, museum attendance). I still like the idea (but then, it's been something I've been daydreaming about for quite sometime).

Not talking about the museum not having internet, talking about that exhibit having connection.  Going from a standalone FSX cabinet to an online game might be a pretty big shift in policy.  Couple that with the childerunn possibly being exposed to the horrors of people online and so on and so forth...

It would be a lot higher maintenance than a standalone offline FSX setup, and it would depend heavily on the person overseeing it to either be a decent experience or a cluster.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2018, 05:44:01 PM »
Not talking about the museum not having internet, talking about that exhibit having connection.  Going from a standalone FSX cabinet to an online game might be a pretty big shift in policy.  Couple that with the childerunn possibly being exposed to the horrors of people online and so on and so forth...

It would be a lot higher maintenance than a standalone offline FSX setup, and it would depend heavily on the person overseeing it to either be a decent experience or a cluster.

Wiley.

Custom arena - password protected

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2018, 05:47:26 PM »
Custom arena - password protected

Which would mean constant oversight, or some kind of hobbled client which would come back to taking HTC's time that could be better spent coding realistic navel lint physics.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2018, 05:54:59 PM »
Again, there are threads on the bbs, there's already interest. ...

That's not comparable to people actually doing work or anyone in any museum thinking it's a good idea for them.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 06:42:19 PM by FLS »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2018, 05:56:12 PM »
Which would mean constant oversight, or some kind of hobbled client which would come back to taking HTC's time that could be better spent coding realistic navel lint physics.

Wiley.

Player arenas require special oversight?

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2018, 05:58:10 PM »
Player arenas require special oversight?

Preventing the person from clicking out and going elsewhere would. Oversight at the museum I mean.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2018, 05:59:57 PM »
That's not comparable to people actually doing work or anyone in any museum thinking it's a good idea for them.

The threads I'm referring to are people working on such museum display projects. How that couldn't be comparable is a mystery to me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2018, 06:01:48 PM »
Preventing the person from clicking out and going elsewhere would. Oversight at the museum I mean.

Wiley.

What I've described requires oversight at the museum. By the museum.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2018, 06:28:47 PM »
You can create a program to remove the ability to exit a particular program.

I used to program them to prevent people from exiting appointment check in programs.

It doesn’t take very long to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2018, 06:34:42 PM »
You can create a program to remove the ability to exit a particular program.

I used to program them to prevent people from exiting appointment check in programs.

It doesn’t take very long to do.

Are these programs available for an inexpensive cost?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2018, 06:43:00 PM »
The threads I'm referring to are people working on such museum display projects. How that couldn't be comparable is a mystery to me.

Link?

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Advertising Idea, (reaching the targeted audience)
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2018, 06:57:09 PM »
Providing AH allows perimeters to be set via command line you could write a batch file in Notepad that:

Opens the program if closed (can be stopped by commenting out the commands in the batch file or by restarting the machine if the program being called can’t be placed in to a window mode)

And auto logs a user in and if the parameters can be found for the custom arena, auto log to the arena

This can be accomplished and tested by anyone of us by running the program with the help extension from the command line to check if AH will accept pentameters.

Skuzzy can probably confirm if AH can be accessed via a batch file.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2018, 07:00:04 PM »
Providing AH allows perimeters to be set via command line you could write a batch file in Notepad that:

Opens the program if closed (can be stopped by commenting out the commands in the batch file or by restarting the machine if the program being called can’t be placed in to a window mode)

And auto logs a user in and if the parameters can be found for the custom arena, auto log to the arena

This can be accomplished and tested by anyone of us by running the program with the help extension from the command line to check if AH will accept pentameters.

Skuzzy can probably confirm if AH can be accessed via a batch file.

Cheers

Thanks! May come in handy. :)

Offline LTCClark

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2018, 07:06:30 PM »
What are you guys talking about?? Did you read the original post??

I said that this particular air museum had already two networked computers that were running MSFX (Microsoft Flight Simulator X) and they had joysticks and speakers and that was it, sitting at a table and kids and parents would fly (cartoon airplanes) with these joysticks and the system was already setup.

All that would be required for this particular museum (which is in fort worth, which is on the way home for Hitech Anyhow) would be to simply show up and say "Hey I am the designer of this game, I heard you have a Goon (C-47) that is air worthy here,  would you like to check out my game?

Pretty soon the conversation could go to , "Hey i would like to help this place out and myself, I will give you all of these CD's and you can sell them, or we can do a promo code and you get a percentage".

These museum websites that were listed, could be part of the Aces High Affiliate program, as they could make a commission on the signups from the museum website.

The concept is pretty much, use their marketing that is already there to reach a really specific Targeted Audience. and what is more targeted of an audience other than someone visiting or looking at an Air Museums website!!!!

Man some of the replies make me think that you must be flying on the rooks
Get VoiceBot and Use Speech for game commands
www.voicebot.net
AutoHotkey and Software repo maps etc for AHIII