Author Topic: Saitek Pedals Vs Logitech Pedals question?  (Read 3454 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Re: Saitek Pedals Vs Logitech Pedals question?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 12:35:35 PM »
Check availability first. I ordered the last set Friday.
At this point my love for vkb is waining. There depletion of stock and lack of being able to provide items (which should be in stock) is getting very frustrating. I have now dealt with a joystick with a bad hat switch for over two months while waiting on the mgc Handel for my stick. I have emailed them pmed agerator also emailed Randy Rhodes about it trying to just get a hat switch. Still no answer from them and the production date has changed twice as it is now may 15th with out shipping time.
Yep - it's also why I went with the Thrustmaster pedals, I got tired of waiting for their product and I got two Logitech joysticks for my sons instead of two Gladiators from VKB for Christmas.

No product = no sale and no business.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2018, 12:52:17 PM »
Check availability first. I ordered the last set Friday.
At this point my love for vkb is waining. There depletion of stock and lack of being able to provide items (which should be in stock) is getting very frustrating. I have now dealt with a joystick with a bad hat switch for over two months while waiting on the mgc Handel for my stick. I have emailed them pmed agerator also emailed Randy Rhodes about it trying to just get a hat switch. Still no answer from them and the production date has changed twice as it is now may 15th with out shipping time.
I've been wondering what's up with these guys too. It took me the better part of a year to get a base and grip from them. Dates for the grip went back and back and back but finally I ended up with easily the nicest stick I could have hoped for. So once they get it to ya its top notch stuff. I get that they're a small company making a niche product. But I'd think that'd make the more nimble - - not less! What bugs me more than anything else is their recent almost total lack of communication with people lately. They seem to have a larger presence on other sites than their own which leaves their users to search around the web for anything that rhymes with info from production to software releases. I'm running updated firmware and software for my stick that I found on the Russian language IL-2 forums posted by the vkb staff. The stuff on their own download page is from January! I get that they're reluctant to make promises regarding production and shipping but going almost completely dark on people isn't a good look. I'd like to get the new throttle they keep teasing but I'm not waiting til 2020 for it! Their story is they've switched to a new factory so the stock problems should be going away. Eventually. Although none of that would seem to apply for our friends in the EU as their shipping method to there is literally a slow boat from China!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2018, 12:22:48 AM »
Kinda of funny got an email today pushing the date back to the 30th now for the third time. 

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2018, 10:44:14 AM »
Well my fourth set of TM Hotas Cougar has bricked  :bhead I was going to order VKB, that is until I read the last few posts.
Brought up this thread during FSO with the squadmates and they all recommend CH products. Less expensive then VKB and longer lasting then TM.
Never looked into CH but have heard a lot of good things about them. I am concerned with the all plastic construction vs. TM and VKB metal. Any input would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 10:46:58 AM by 68falcon »
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2018, 10:46:34 AM »
Kinda of funny got an email today pushing the date back to the 30th now for the third time.
Yeah you and a bunch of other peeps. That was how it was when I was waiting for the MCG-Pro grip. Went from August to September to.... Well I finally got the thing in January! Seems to be SOP for the VKB.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2018, 10:59:36 AM »
Falcons don’t get me wrong. The vkb hardware is absolutely the best I have ever owned. I own several pieces and just ordered more. The issue is actually getting hands on it. It’s like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. If you are in no hurry ie got plenty of time to wait it’s awesome. My gladiator hat failure is my own doings but hat to wait over 6 months for products that were introduced in early 2017.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2018, 11:07:55 AM »
Well my fourth set of TM Hotas Cougar has bricked  :bhead I was going to order VKB, that is until I read the last few posts.
Brought up this thread during FSO with the squadmates and they all recommend CH products. Less expensive then VKB and longer lasting then TM.
Never looked into CH but have heard a lot of good things about them. I am concerned with the all plastic construction vs. TM and VKB metal. Any input would be appreciated.
I used CH stick and throttle since like forever going back to air warrior before buying the VKB stick. I didn't have a problem with it really. Programming was easy. While it's all plastic I never had anything actually break on it which is pretty impressive for anything plastic. The action tho, because it's an all plastic gimbal, is really loose. And that's fine if that's what you like. Stiffening it up with stronger springs is doable but you run the risk of snapping something. A couple of the hat switches were getting kinda glitchy but otherwise it lasted a lot of miles. Used to be you could get parts easily. The pots are what will need some regular maintenance or replacement after a while. They can be hard to come by. I'd used the last of my spares and was looking for something with modern sensors that avoided the whole pot thing and settled on the VKB stick.

I would say the CH stick will work out just fine. It'll certainly cost a lot less than the VKB did! I'm not giving up on VKB just yet. This stick is super awesome. Outclasses the old Fighterstick in every way and by a wide margin too. It'll certainly be the last stick I'll ever have to buy. I hoping this is a momentary glitch with a small niche company that's trying to take a step up. Their customer service had been great until just recently. Keeping an eye on them. If they don't straighten out Virpil makes a nice looking throttle too! And their stuff is generally available.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2018, 02:10:21 PM »

CH sticks are still fine but the quality has dropped noticeably since the company was bought out and you can no longer buy spare parts from CH if your stick goes south.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2018, 11:13:54 AM »
you can no longer buy spare parts from CH if your stick goes south.

This is the one thing that really pisses me (and many others) off about CH's new owners since 2007.  I mean what is the benifit from not supporting your products and customers?  It's not a huge thing to have a guy hired to do the shipping/receiving of small parts, heck, it could just be a supplemental job for a worker who is tasked with other duties primarily.  It can't be that common of a thing, I'm sure they don't have to send out dozens of parts packages a day (request right now, as they don't send out anything).

I just don't get it.  AkAk, any intel on why they do this, ignore customer parts request?

And I agree, CH products is still a very good option.  I have a couple sets of Fighterstick/throttle/peds/ that are USB and purchased prior to the 2007 sale of the CH company, and they are still working perfectly, after a LOT of use for years in AH2 and other sims.  I have a CH Combatstick we bought around 2011, after the sale, and it's still working great too, no issues at all, with a lot of daily use too.   Just my opinion, but if you don't have the $ or just don't want to spend that much on a VKB/Virpil stick, the CH products stuff is the best option.  Warthog is great, don't get me wrong, very accurate stick - until it has problems.  A full CH USB set up is still significantly cheaper than the WH, and only a bit more than the X55 with pedals would be now.  CH is a much better option than Sai-Logitech IMO.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 11:17:37 AM by Gman »

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2018, 02:59:49 AM »
I've worn out 2 sets of TM Cougar's and are still on my 1rst set of Warthog, both Cougars had to be be uber-modded to keep them in shape, but no problems with the Warthog.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2018, 01:27:36 PM »
Save, I was in the same boat, I have 2 Cougars, and the last one was modded up a lot to keep it going, and my first Warthog went a long time before dying to sticktion.  Like  years.  Then it went down, and the replacement took only 10 months to start exibiting the same issues and others.  It's random IMO, on Warthog number 4, it's been fine for over a year now, and I also picked off a like new used one online for about 230$ USD with the throttle (I mainly wanted the throttle as I have 2 stand alone Warthog sticks I got used from Amazon very cheap as they had some factory 2nds type issues that were so minor I laughed when I opened them up).  Warthog 4, the newest cobbled together set, doesn't get much use now, since I've got my T50 and Gunfighter's all dialed in. 

I really hope the big secret reveal TM is rumored to be doing at this year's E3 will show off the F18 Hotas they teased there last year.  SHould they build a decent gimbal, which was the major downfall of the WH IMO, they could really do well still.  Same with building a decent F18 throttle - man, a new TM HOTAS based on the F18 (which it is), and hopefully with a non-garbage gimbal...I'll be buying, 2, right out of the gate.  TM has a lot of the market share, and despite really crappy public relations and support, they have an opportunity IMO to really up the ante.  Should they start taking care of customers better, offer easier and faster/more reliable access to parts and service, and help in general, along with a really intelligently designed new HOTAS - they could stay at the top, even with all the competition from VKB/Virpil.  I'm not holding my breath, which is why I'm so invested in the new VKB/Virpil companies, both in support by purchasing as well as supporting them vocally online, but I won't be upset in the slightest should TM hit it out of the park at E3 with some good news.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 01:29:15 PM by Gman »

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2018, 06:48:15 AM »
VKB stick available, ordered mine this morning, Table top with MGC Pro
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers