Author Topic: VB-Sim Gladiator MkII: Configuring the pinky switch for Up view  (Read 2378 times)

Offline quig

• Nickel Member
Re: VB-Sim Gladiator MkII: Configuring the pinky switch for Up view
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 12:07:30 PM »
After having this thing a while, I don't think I can recommend it.

I finally got the pinky button working but now the button itself is crapping out and not working half the time that I hit it. On top of that, the A2 button now has a spring or something broken in it and is stuck down and doesn't work.

I guess you can buy it if you just like taking joysticks apart to figure out what got FURBAR before it even went into the box and don't mind modding things that should have been obvious the first time a tester handled the stick.

About to move on.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2018, 12:33:56 AM »
man i hate to hear that, my issues are all self induced and have nott had any failures so far.  i personally broke the hat switch and think moisture got on the printed circuit board as mine is in the worst possible conditions at the shop with a lot of temp changes up and down and pretty quick at that.   

Offline quig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2018, 07:54:23 AM »
man i hate to hear that, my issues are all self induced and have nott had any failures so far.  i personally broke the hat switch and think moisture got on the printed circuit board as mine is in the worst possible conditions at the shop with a lot of temp changes up and down and pretty quick at that.

I might have just got a dud on this one. After reading more reviews on it people are saying that quality control is all over the place and it is it or miss on the buttons. Most people were having trouble with the trigger button, but the A2 and pinky button are bad on mine.

I really hate to give up this stick over a few buttons though. It is just so smooth. I think I'm going to get some small screwdrivers and pop open the handle to see if there is any hope for it.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2018, 09:39:31 AM »
While there have been a few reports of actual mechanical problems with the triggers, it seems most of them just haven't figured out that you have to configure it in the software and then recalibrate before it'll work as intended. It's not a simple click click trigger, it's actually an axis that needs to be configured. Nothing really wrong at all a lot of the time other than operator error. These same people generally don't want to RTFM either so there's that. These just aren't easy peezy plug and play items.

On a brighter note, it seems a batch of new VKB stuff is currently being shipped to the EU and the VKB guys have come out of their caves.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group