Author Topic: Sound Gremlin  (Read 728 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Sound Gremlin
« on: May 17, 2018, 11:39:20 PM »
Today, after W10 did its auto download thing, I opened up the game.  At the initial window where there is background sound, nothing was coming through my speakers.  I signed in and went to the main arena.  No sound from the speakers at a busy airfield.  I tuned to myself.  My callsign illuminated when transmitting via the mic but, no sound through the speakers.  I checked both the voice and sound menus.   Everything was set properly just like it was yesterday before the update.  Yesterday, there were no sound issues at all.  I then rolled back to the previous version of W10. No change in the situation.

I also tested the windows menus for playback and recording.  Everything tested normally.  The speaker test worked fine through all five speakers and the woofer. I'm at a loss as to what else to check.

Very :furious irritating to have the W10 update reset something that causes the game sounds not to operate normally.

DXDIAG attached.

UPDATE:  Found the problem after a restart and going back into the game sounds menu.  The game or more likely W10 is defaulting to 27 MP65(Nvidia High Definition Audio) which is killing all sound out of the speakers.  I selected Speakers (Realtek Hi Def Audio) and everything works normally.  Any idea how to keep the Nvidia from defaulting?

Sorry, this should have gone in tech support.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 12:18:21 AM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Sound Gremlin
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 06:19:21 AM »
You should disable the NVidia HDMI pass-through driver, if you are not expecting sound from your HDMI connected monitor, of if you are not using the HDMI connection to the monitor.

Unfortunately, Microsoft will reset it with many different updates and you cannot stop that.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: Sound Gremlin
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 10:47:32 AM »
You should disable the NVidia HDMI pass-through driver, if you are not expecting sound from your HDMI connected monitor, of if you are not using the HDMI connection to the monitor.

Unfortunately, Microsoft will reset it with many different updates and you cannot stop that.

Thanks Skuzzy!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 10:51:29 AM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all