Author Topic: Therapy  (Read 196 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Therapy
« on: May 22, 2018, 05:17:13 PM »
After a far too long hiatus I finally got some range therapy today. Took out some old favorites I haven't handled in a long while. My old S&W 66 that I carried for work for over a decade. I have at least 5 to 10k rounds through it between work and using it for what used to be called the AZ combat pistol league back in the 70's and something else later on. I shot competitively in the mid 70's through to about 81 or so. I used my duty belt and holster since I didn't like the idea of not using something I had to depend on to stay alive on the street.

I also had an old LA Sheriff or PD 1911 gold cup I bought about 45 years ago. It had a squeeze cocker modification on it. It worked fine but I hated the way it felt so had it converted back to normal configuration but with an extended beavertail grip safety. Both were more capable than I but I still could keep the rounds in the center of a silhouette at 20 yards off hand.

The main reason I was going out was to start break in of a new toy, a Sig 938. I got the one with the rubber wrap around grips as the slim grips were just too darn small in my hands. It functioned perfectly but I am disappointed in it. It shoots way low and to the left. About 2 inches low and 2 inches left at 5 yards. At 15 yards it's about 3" low and 4" left. Benched with a solid rest, slow fire it was hard to keep 5 rounds on the silhouette target with a center aim hold. Before I chinger with the sights I'm going to put at least 150 rounds through it to see if it settles in. Darn thing is tight as hell. Trigger is horrid, gritty and about 10+ lbs from what it feels like. I wanted to get this set up as my daily carry to replace the Ruger LCP I have bee carrying. I wanted a better shooting and at least a 9mm gun instead of the LCP. Changing the rear sight (higher) is going to be pricey since it's a tritium style sight. I'm hoping there are after market sights like there are for Glocks. This isn't so much a shooter induced error, I'm more than a little experienced and took care to aim and not pull the shots. Other small handguns even my Walther TCP (smaller with TINY sights) will hit point of aim at 20 yards if I use the same care.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown