Author Topic: When Server Joining Game Freezes  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Rotax

• Zinc Member
When Server Joining Game Freezes
« on: May 21, 2018, 05:22:27 PM »
Hi I can't join servers on aces high. When I try to join it shows white screen in background and freezes. I'm connected to internet and it won't even allow me to exit or minimize screen to even run task manager and exit out. In game name Rotax. I recently had a few friends call in to pay my account and unlock my account due to credit card and bill problems. Could this be the issue. It was working last week. I got a screenshot attached below

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: When Server Joining Game Freezes
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 01:11:54 AM »
For one there's no ping times on your screen shot. They should populate in a couple of seconds. If they constantly show --- it means the server is out of reach. In that case running Ping Plotter should reveal where the outage is. The IP addresses and link to the download site can be found in this thread: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,68316.msg637923.html#msg637923
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 06:10:12 AM »
Does the game load offline? 

The "hang" condition you describe sounds like we are locked waiting for Windows to return from a network call.

Are you running some type of anti-xxxx software?  It could be causing the problem.

Are you connecting via a wireless connection?

A DXDIAG output might also help, if none of the above pans out.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 08:06:33 PM »
Since installing the latest update on Friday, I'm having the same problem. DXDiag attached. Windows did I pretty big update since I last ran the game so if I had to guess, I'd say that has something to do with it.

Windows version is 10 Home, Version 1803, build 17134.48.

I'm running the DX9 version.

I'm going to try a fresh download of the game and see if that helps.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 08:25:03 PM »
Since installing the latest update on Friday, I'm having the same problem. DXDiag attached. Windows did I pretty big update since I last ran the game so if I had to guess, I'd say that has something to do with it.

Be sure to check the Win10 fixes here

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,393166.msg5217299.html#msg5217299

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 08:26:15 PM »
Just to answer Skuzzy's earlier question, no the game won't load in offline either.

However, the DX11 version seems OK, so I'm running that for now. I'd previously had a lot of stutters in DX11 - we'll see how it goes now.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 12:06:37 AM »
Could be a problem from a few weeks ago...Was a Bad Shortcut/Icon on desktop? :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 06:34:14 AM »

That build is an insider preview and has a lot of bugs.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 09:49:23 PM »
That build is an insider preview...

Are you sure? Pretty sure its the standard Windows 10 April 2018 Update being pushed out by MS. I haven't signed up for any developer stuff on that machine.

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 09:54:33 PM »
Confirmed the Win 10 build I have is an 'official' release, not a preview. It was released on 5/8. However there is an additional build released on 5/20. I'll try installing that and see if it makes any difference:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows-10/release-information

EDIT: same problem with the DX9 version of the game with latest Win 10 Build (17134.81). DX11 seems to work OK.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 10:27:23 PM by 68Wooley »

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 11:49:42 PM »
may be the shortcut is bad,was an issue for some with DX9 version :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain