Author Topic: TOD series 3, frame 2. Post yer AARs here.  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Buzzbe

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.416rcaf.com/
TOD series 3, frame 2. Post yer AARs here.
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2001, 09:20:00 AM »
JG416 AAR: Seven Days in September, Frame 2

We were assigned FW190D's, launching from Base A22.

Our flight consisted of:

Buzzbe
Hening
Holder
BD5Pilot
Abunabi
Jacnife < invited guest

We rolled south of Base 22 grabbing altitude and swung north up towards Base 23. Fahnrich Holder was lost (KIA) due to a mechanical failure after being asked to take a look below the cloud base on our way back to Base 22, his aircraft when out of control and he did not get a good shoot. We contacted our own on the way and proceeded back to Base 22. JG416 vectored West of 22 to intercept multiple P51D's.

I must also report at this point a Section 8 move by Jacnife who bailed after getting hyper during our dive in on the P51D's, he was heard to babble that he could no longer stand the tension. He did pull a good shoot, however was executed on my order by the Waffen SS upon return to the aerodrome.

Zigrat was tied up by atleast six aircraft when we arrived. As far as I can tell all were shotdown during the engagement.

I de"tailed" a P51D in a dive, Abunabi scored a kill on a P51D who was chasing Zigrat, Zigrat scored one in the sea. BD5pilot also scored one during the engagement. We claim 5 P51D's with a possible 6th if it can be confirmed.

My radiator was damaged and I ditched safely on the RTB to Base 22. BD5Pilot and Abunabi engaged a lone B-26 during the RTB, Abunabi was killed and BD5Pilot had a safe bail after losing a wing, the B-26 we will claim as a probable do to heavy damage sustained during the attack.

Hening returned to Base 22 and was engaged my multiple 51's at the base, he ditched at the Base after losing his engine.

Many Allied aircraft went down at the Base. But is was bombed.

Summary:
Holder < KIA >
Abunabi < KIA >
Buzzbe < Ditched >
Hening < Ditched >
BD5Pilot < Hit the Silk at 22 >
Jacnife < Executed for cowardice >

Claim five P51's, with one probable P51 and one probable B-26.

This is the first time we have flown the FW190D during a mission, it was our group impression that the weapons fire lower than the gunsight on this aircraft, any comments?

We had fun tonight folks, good one.

L8r.

[ 10-20-2001: Message edited by: Buzzbe ]

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2001, 09:42:00 AM »
For the record, the Assassins flew 190D9's, no 262's in our squad.
Will let hblair make the official AAR, but to summarize it:
We launched from A22 in D9's, climbed to strike alt and headed to A23.....
Formed over the target as Ziggie assigned individuals to their targets (hblair CTD'd at some point I think), then deacked the place.
In less than 4 minutes, A23 was a smoking ruin, all hangars, barracks, fuel supplies dead.
We then proceeded with all speed to A22 to rearm.
I goofed up and caught my left wing on the shed at the rearm pad, as did SAR, took her up to see if I could manhandle my Dora well enough to continue, but could not, so I landed and exited my bird.
Don't know where all the 262's came from, but to my knowledge, NO Assassins were in them.
I left the arena at that point, so anything that happened after that, one of the others will have to fill ya in on.

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2001, 11:02:00 AM »
I claim 7 p51-D mustangs and 1 B-17. I must give special thanks to the 416 RCAF who saved my bellybutton from about 6 angry mustangs who were pissed at me for killing their buddies, i was a goner for sure and they arrived in the nick of time! My Dora was parked back in her hanger, with only slight damage: her rudder was knocked off my a pony spraying at d1.1  :) but then i killed him so he paid dearly for my rudder   :D

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2001, 11:47:00 AM »
Ammo; p47's attacked our Arados enroute to p39, lost only one tho so you may have engaged another squad. The attack on our d9's was definitely you guys. The d9's role btw was to draw you guys down so the ju88's could get to target. They did and leveled a40 and p39. Remaining Arados inflicted damage on p39. P47's caught Ju88's (probably you guys again) and killed 'em on landing approach.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2001, 11:56:00 AM »
Was mistaken about losing only one arado. That was earlier attack. Not sure how many were lost after p39 was hit.

[ 10-20-2001: Message edited by: AKIron ]
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2001, 01:20:00 PM »
FDBs were short pilots because of overindulgence the previous evening, and were only able to field 3 conscious pilots.

Despite this, due to our horrid breath and general odor, enemies ran before us fleeing instead to attack the weaker lw pilots to the east.

We ran unopposed from A17 to cause significant damage to A43 and P49 in our Ju88s, and even made it back to land without crashing.

Sally, Fatty, and PC all landed safely.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2001, 02:00:00 PM »
Buzzbe,

Thanks for the AAR .. the Nightmares were the second group of P51Ds that Hening ran into at a22. I was the one that blew out his radiator, shot him up on another pass, and scrafed him on the ground. Pass on to him a <S> for his good flying and tactics.

Aamon and I were too busy dodging me262s to finish him off and he did some nice flying there that allowed him to keep alive until he could setup a good ditch approach.

So a <S> to Hening from us.

[ 10-20-2001: Message edited by: GhstDncr ]
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2001, 04:43:00 PM »
262's were mostly 332nd Flying Mongrels.  :)

Offline kbman

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2001, 05:28:00 PM »
Pack of mad dogs I tell you...  :D

kbman

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2001, 06:15:00 PM »
I think I might have gotten a sheep when my 262 plowed into the ground.