Author Topic: The beginning of the end  (Read 14545 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: The beginning of the end
« Reply #150 on: September 07, 2018, 10:58:12 AM »
Good news is the CT they did checking for lung clots shows the pancreas tumor appears to have been shrunk by the radiation so I might have gained a bit of time.

Let's make this a trend, bud.

:cheers:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2018, 12:44:13 PM »
Well that was a close one.  My combo of radiation and chemo treatment pushed me over the edge into pneumonitis...inflammation of the lung tissues which prevents the lungs from working.  Ended up admitted to the hospital, couldn't make it to the toilet without having a bailout bottle with me!!  FYI, gasping for air is very alarming.

I was able to escape and come home yesterday but after some frank conversations with the oncology doc there is no further treatment so I've gone down the Do Not Rescusitate/Comfort One route.  I had this spiffy home O2 setup so while I'm able we can do things, toward the end they ease the discomforte. 

I have recovered fairly well so not the end today.  As soon as we recover from the stress of being in the hospital we'll get out a bit.

Great stories Puma, keep em coming.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2018, 04:21:32 PM »
Well that was a close one.  My combo of radiation and chemo treatment pushed me over the edge into pneumonitis...inflammation of the lung tissues which prevents the lungs from working.  Ended up admitted to the hospital, couldn't make it to the toilet without having a bailout bottle with me!!  FYI, gasping for air is very alarming.

I was able to escape and come home yesterday but after some frank conversations with the oncology doc there is no further treatment so I've gone down the Do Not Rescusitate/Comfort One route.  I had this spiffy home O2 setup so while I'm able we can do things, toward the end they ease the discomforte. 

I have recovered fairly well so not the end today.  As soon as we recover from the stress of being in the hospital we'll get out a bit.

You're coming across clear as a bell, Colmbo.

Thank you for being such a good friend to all of us.

- oldman

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: October 26, 2018, 07:32:29 PM »

Will do bud!  Thanks for setting such an inspirational example for the rest of us.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #154 on: October 27, 2018, 01:38:25 PM »

Sorry to hear this, sir.    I agree with Puma's sentiments.   You've been a great part of this bunch of fanatics.    I guess I can only say enjoy yourself and those you love for as long as possible.   You are an inspiration to many with your attitude during this battle.   You'll always be a winner in my book that's for sure.

:salute
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2018, 03:03:04 PM »
Thank you colmbo for sharing your unique aviation experiences, something that very few get to experience, on this BBS over the years. I've enjoyed your posts over the years, thank you for them!

All the best possible!

<S>
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 03:06:21 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2018, 03:51:39 AM »
<S> Colmbo

Thank you for your stories on this bbs and on DZ.com, and for your inspirational display of courage, humility and humanity while facing this.

I wish you the best.

Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman