Author Topic: The beginning of the end  (Read 14544 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: The beginning of the end
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2018, 09:37:43 AM »
Excellent

Stay strong
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2018, 09:43:27 AM »
Guys don't misunderstand, I haven't quit, just read the bottom line of my sig.

We know.  You’re a fighter.  Keep punching.   :cheers:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2018, 10:47:08 AM »
Guys don't misunderstand, I haven't quit, just read the bottom line of my sig.

Exactly.  Never give up.  From an instructor in the FFDO Training Course, “Fight til the lights go out.”  Applies to any life battle.  You’re the one to take it on Colombo.  :salute
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 11:12:39 AM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2018, 11:54:49 AM »
Exactly.  Never give up.  From an instructor in the FFDO Training Course, “Fight til the lights go out.”  Applies to any life battle.  You’re the one to take it on Colombo.  :salute

I saw one the other day that said "fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to the Ark and it's starting to rain".
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Wildin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2018, 12:16:03 PM »
You're from Bella Vista?  I graduated from Springdale High, what family I have left is still in Springdale and West Fork and my mother in law is over east in Cherokee Village.  The plan is to be in that area in a couple of months.  If I could ask a favor, can you keep the heat down a bit until I acclimate?  :)
Wilco sir, unfortunately supposed to be hottest summer in last 5 yrs. Good news is Macadoodles has great supply of scotch.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2018, 01:15:23 PM »
I saw one the other day that said "fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to the Ark and it's starting to rain".

I like that. :)
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2018, 01:16:43 PM »

That says it!   :aok

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2018, 05:09:25 PM »

Stay warm, well fed, and well rested.     

I guess this is me transferring what I need to do myself but I feel it does allow you to be at your strongest against any foe.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2018, 07:49:05 PM »
diddly cancer.

I am really sorry to hear this and I am hoping for the best possible outcome for you.

I've always seen you as one of the strengths of this community.  Hang in there as best you can.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline DaveBB

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2018, 08:02:37 PM »
Good luck Columbo.  This will be the toughest battle of your life.  Smart move getting the family moved.

Here is a series of studies that show how fasting prior to chemotherapy treatment (~72 of non-feeding prior to the treatment) protected healthy cells, caused cancer cells to become more vulnerable to chemotheraphy, and even better, reduced the awful side effects of chemo.  At the very least it might make treatment more tolerable. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2815756/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4289501/
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 08:12:11 PM by DaveBB »
Currently ignoring Vraciu as he is a whoopeeed retard.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2018, 10:09:09 PM »
So sorry to hear this.  Cancer sucks!   All the best wishes, karma, prayers, and whatever else might help sent your way.  I have great respect for the courage you are showing in facing this.  I can't even imagine it.

Please keep us up to date and yell if we can help at all.  This community tends to come running when one of us is in trouble.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2018, 01:04:41 AM »
Sorry to hear this Colmbo, stay strong..
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2018, 11:05:01 AM »
One of my favorite saying is that life is a full contact sport and no one gets out alive. Having said that, kick that cancer's bellybutton and keep on trucking Buddy.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2018, 11:09:54 AM »
Hang in there!
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2018, 12:36:51 PM »
I'd like to share a couple of true stories for potential role models.

There was the father of four daughters, the younger ones being triplets in their most tender teens, who was told he's got a deadly cancer and not many years ahead. Being a good father he made a deal with the daughters: He'd stay alive and kicking no matter what if the girls took care of their education. Only after the girls had proved they'd get along in their lives the father would accept the inevitable. He was such a badass that he hung around for about a decade, long enough to see his daughters graduate.

The second story may be a little of the strange side but it has a positive attitude. The guy in his fourties was told that he's got about a year ahead of him. At first his life would be pretty much normal, but when it starts to go downhill the slope would be steep. So the guy started doing things he had dreamed of until he felt that the symptoms were getting quite severe. So he arranged his own deathwatch, inviting all his friends and relatives he would like to see by his grave. Here in Finland a memorial dinner after the burial ceremony is quite common. The length can vary from a couple of hours to a lengthy evening depending on the beverage policy. This event apparently was of the longer ilk. As you can imagine the ambiance was quite stiff at the beginning with the "corpse" sitting at the end of the table amidst the mourners, but after a while the guests started giving speeches, one after another, telling anecdotes and how nice a guy the to-be deceased was. As one of the participants told me, it was the best deathwatch ever. It rarely happens that the subject of the memoirs thanks you for sharing! I'd like to think that when the guy was lying in the hospital bed, during his brighter moments he memorized and cherished all the nice things he had heard during his wake, making his last months easier. No one ever has told how much they've appreciated the loving speeches after they've been buried, this guy got all the good words into his hearing ears.

Cancer sucks, keep fighting!  :salute
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni