Author Topic: Remove plane choices  (Read 657 times)

Offline dBeav

• Copper Member
      • http://yankeeairmuseum.org
Remove plane choices
« on: November 11, 2019, 06:02:59 AM »
This has to be the first time anyone has ever asked this but, anyone know if it would be possible to remove planes from AH? The setup I have running for visitors to walk up and play is largely unsupervised and as with most things, people find ways to screw things up. So if I could simply remove all unwanted planes/vehicles it would help.
Thanks!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Remove plane choices
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 06:13:03 AM »
This has to be the first time anyone has ever asked this but, anyone know if it would be possible to remove planes from AH? The setup I have running for visitors to walk up and play is largely unsupervised and as with most things, people find ways to screw things up. So if I could simply remove all unwanted planes/vehicles it would help.

You can disable certain planes and vehicles at all fields or at selected fields.  It’s how AvA manages to control what can be flown.  Can’t remember the place to do it, though.  There are dot commands which do it quicker.  Someone will step in here soon (I hope).

- Oldman

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 06:21:17 AM »
.dplane 0 0

will remove all aircraft and vehicles at every field, then you can go into the Field settings and enable whatever aircraft, at whatever field you want.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline dBeav

• Copper Member
      • http://yankeeairmuseum.org
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 07:00:05 AM »
Awesome. Thanks!!

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 08:15:32 AM »
it's in Options/Arena Setup/Fields

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 12:21:43 PM »
it's in Options/Arena Setup/Fields

And save your tables to a file on your hard drive. Then set it as read only. It would really be best if the room was hosted on a PC the public doesn't have access to. Even an inexpensive laptop will work if it can act as a placeholder.

Edit:
That is, if you're running in a custom arena.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 12:25:16 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Dragdad

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 03:11:50 PM »
I use my favorites to save the planes I fly, while leaving all the others in the regular screen... Just another option.
I was abandoned as a child and raised by feral weener dogs. To this day, I can't bring myself to eat a ballpark frank.

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 03:29:48 PM »
I use my favorites to save the planes I fly, while leaving all the others in the regular screen... Just another option.

As do I  :salute
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll