Author Topic: Only the Shadow knows...  (Read 675 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Only the Shadow knows...
« on: June 02, 2018, 10:56:11 AM »
I've always tried to max out graphic settings for "realism", but discovered that I'm giving up an advantage for seeing GVs had by turning off some effects:  shadows, ground clutter and detail.  I'm sure all the GV masters have know this forever, but it was a <cough> eye-opener for me.   :D

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Only the Shadow knows...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 11:10:43 AM »
That is amazing. Too bad we have to have that option available.  :(

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 08:38:20 AM »
Wow, what a difference.

Making the game look crappier than intended to get a gameplay advantage is lame and should not be possible.

Newb: "Hey, I'm new to AH. The graphics are not as great as what I'm used to from other sims, but the gameplay rocks. How can I see tanks in the trees better?"

AH vet: "Turn your graphics down, shadows off, detail, etc"

Newb: ...thinking to themself "wow, now it looks like a 1990s game, no thanks. Good thing I'm in my 2 week trial"

Hopefully the newb remembers to turn everything back on when they get in a plane. Maybe there should be 2 graphic setting profiles, one for flying and one for gv.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 03:31:10 PM »
This is a problem with more than just our game...

Yeah, your rig is awesome and you have all the eye candy enabled, but on my system your not as sneaky as you think...

The two images clearly show this issue. . .  :D I think I'm gonna GV today, better fire up my Channel 4 console so I can see them sneaky suns of guns....

Gaming the game is part of gaming culture.  :(
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life