Author Topic: Fighter Dots Beyond Range Icon Not Rendering  (Read 3418 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Fighter Dots Beyond Range Icon Not Rendering
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 03:42:55 PM »
ABSOLUTELY,its been discussed often. All through the "OPEN" testing and "BETA" release. I would need to scour the forum(which is the one that is locked now) but YES it was discussed. To paraphrase....Run the game at "Monitors NATIVE" resolution. Any thing other can,and more than likely WOULD cause issues. I run 27 inch monitor at Native Res which is 1920-1080 and have no issues with CON DOTS.  I would suggest you try running in this res and test it? Pretty sure you have, just cant read your mind,of coarse :uhoh You can adjust the GAME resolution in opening screen options under Graphics. Also thru the Nvidia Control Pannel. In my experience, when running my 27 in HD monitor at 1920-1080 the next thing to adjust how and what you see was by personalizing the FOV, by CUSTOM instead of DEFAULT, also accessed at same graphics options screen. Now however they also put in a SLIDER for setting the FOV once IN-game making it easier to get the right FOV for personal preference WITHOUT having to exit game at each adjustment :salute 
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2018, 04:21:51 PM »
:x 60" monitors?  Despite my basement could hold one, but my God, it would be like sitting at a desk in front of drive-in theater for pity sake!  Yes my video card can go 1920x1080, but to what point when it's only a 27" ???

I wonder if Skuzzy and crew have had similar concerns from other players?  Would be nice to see the addition of a Resolution selection button like most other games have.   :old:

I have heard of guys that have use projectors and cover a whole wall. Like 1stpar3 said use the native resolution of the monitor for the game in "video settings" on the first screen. Than adjust the FOV and head position.

I play on a 42 inch screen   :x  Im glad the explosions are toned down a bit or I might go blind blowning stuff up!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2018, 09:02:07 PM »
Are you using a 4K monitor?
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 06:20:06 AM »
:x 60" monitors?  Despite my basement could hold one, but my God, it would be like sitting at a desk in front of drive-in theater for pity sake!  Yes my video card can go 1920x1080, but to what point when it's only a 27" ???

I wonder if Skuzzy and crew have had similar concerns from other players?  Would be nice to see the addition of a Resolution selection button like most other games have.   :old:

Not sure what you mean by a "resolution selection button".  We present every video resultion option the video card tells us is available.

If you are running a resolution that is not native to the monitor, then it is not going to look its best.  There is no way for LCD monitors to actually run different resolutions without a lot of other issues.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2018, 04:16:20 AM »
Where i could see far past icon range (15k) or so in AH2 i can't see enemy's dots over 7K now. I think this has been pointed out on the forum during the beta. I just think they settled with what we have now. (my personal preference is how it was in AH2)

So yeah i have the same thing as odee going on. It had little to do with my monitor at that time. I recall during beta, the dots would be very small outside of icon range and 12k+ they would increase in size up to 15k or so and than dissappear. After complains this got changed and since than icons dissapear at 7k for me.

DutchVII
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 04:46:31 AM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2018, 06:21:05 AM »
The "dot" is actually a single pixel.  The only thing affecting the "dot" is as follows:

1)  The perception about it being a problem in AH3 and not in AH2 is strictly due to the anti-alias option in the game.  Disable it and it will be like AH2, as far as the "dot" goes.  Other anti-aliasing setting outside the game may also impact the "dot".

2)  The monitor resolution.  The higher the pixel density, the smaller the "dot" is going to be.  This is a physical property we cannot alter.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2018, 07:37:28 AM »
I have all AA turned off for reason 1. It helps. I noticed as soon as I went from a fairly hoopty monitor to a 1080p monitor I had a very difficult time seeing dots beyond icon range relative how I could before, so totally agree with 2(kind of a no-brainer actually).

Since then I'd add a possible 3rd factor, and I sure this is by design, the haze setting in the arena. Regardless of how poorly I might be able to pick out dots at range generally in the main arena, it seems that on certain terrains or certain setups I'm able to see long range dots much better than on others. I see this all the time in FSO where the terrains and haze setting or time of day will change from frame to frame. Some frames I'm able to pick out dots way out and others hardly at all until the (short range) icon pops.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2018, 08:02:33 AM »
Thank you for your reply skuzzy. Now i am actually starting to wonder what the actual drawing distance is.

Cheers,
DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2018, 08:13:45 AM »
Thank you for your reply skuzzy. Now i am actually starting to wonder what the actual drawing distance is.

Cheers,
DutchVII

8.5 mile radius, maximum, in a 360 spherical degree direction.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2018, 08:21:55 AM »
8.5 mile radius, maximum, in a 360 spherical degree direction.

Thanks! very helpful  <S>
DutchVII / ULDutch