Author Topic: Notes on TOD Black Sea F2 and other TOD news.  (Read 654 times)

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Notes on TOD Black Sea F2 and other TOD news.
« on: January 05, 2002, 04:19:00 PM »
Gents,

Our first attempt for a ground war was uneventful. I am still unsure what the problem was with V34, but for some reason it would not rebuild. For the life of me I have no idea why it was even destroyed in the first place. Sling and I worked hard at the problem to no avail. Consequently the tank battle that was to take place between V27 and V34 did not.

I apologize for this and we will look hard at the map this week as to why the rebuild would not happen. The Allies had one pilot from every squad drive a tank just in case it was a FUBAR so every Allied tank driver went back to fly with their squad. I think vladd stepped up as the tank C.O. and I want to thank him for that. I am not sure what squad from the German side was to drive tanks, but I hope it worked out for you guys and your evening TOD was not spoiled.

It was mentioned about the new version of the Black Sea causing problems for some who did not download it early. I want to say that the community was warned ahead of time via e-mail and postings in the Special Events Announcement BB. I don't know what else to do except call you personally at home as a reminder. Not going to do that.  ;)

I heard there was a "dump" about 1 ½ hours into the TOD. I was not there because I discoed about 45 min into it and went into the CT for some killing time. Regardless of the dump what damage was done prior to that will hold. If many did disco it will show up in the results as "mysteriously disappearing".  :)

Sundog posted an excellent strat map in another thread. I strongly suggest you all download it for reference to the Black Sea terrain.

Lastly I wanted to mention some changes around the corner. Many of you know exile has setup the parsers for our scoring. In the near future he may not be able to do them. banana is in negotiations for lack of a better term with HTC about how to handle this problem. From what I understand we are looking at moving his work to the HTC site or they will take over the scoring end and use what they have. I think either way will take a lot of work. For now though I will continue to set up the TOD's with "objectives" for each side. Frame C.O.'s please make sure you attempt to do all three objectives and not decide on your own targets. The objectives in the TOD's are designed to give you targets to attack, defend and to maximize all participants will engage the enemy with reasonable odds. Not a perfect system, it works well most of the time. So make sure you attack the 3 targets you are given, and defend the 3 targets the enemy will go after.

<S>
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure