Author Topic: Windows Update KB971033  (Read 468 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Windows Update KB971033
« on: June 17, 2018, 12:26:25 PM »
Should this update be added to the DO NOT INSTALL list?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Windows Update KB971033
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 01:03:29 PM »
Huh? Hasn't it been around for ages? On my system it was installed back in '14. The description page has been recently updated for some reason, though. Have they changed the update or is it because of GDPR or similar rules?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 04:14:43 PM »
Mr Pudding Head, me, wasn't able to upgrade OS on stupid iPhone and one recommendation was make sure Windows is up to date. For the longest time I couldn't get results from the update page and didn't have ANY installed according to my statistics and virus scan red flagged some of that but recently I did and went through the Tech Tips on what not to install and found one that I didn't. Had 'many' to install you might assume and I did with them loading nicely and me ending up with non-genuine windows.  :headscratch:
Looked up that and came across KB971033 and uninstalled it but still non-genuine so the post. Stupid phone did upgrade to current OS.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 01:40:24 AM »
Sorry, my understanding of English seems a little weak at the moment...

Are you saying that you couldn't upgrade your iPhone using Windows, and that you finally succeeded by making Windows version non-genuine by removing KB971033?

I'd blame Apple, they're good at making Windows look bad.

When I looked for information about said KB, there was several instructions for making your Windows genuine despite uninstalling the update.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 12:26:51 PM »
Should this update be added to the DO NOT INSTALL list?

Absolutely not.  But I'd backup all files and settings before clicking YES   :salute :cheers: :bolt:
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/