Author Topic: Time for ENY to go  (Read 6663 times)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
Re: Time for ENY to go
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2018, 10:43:21 AM »
The trouble with spending perks to get out of ENY restrictions is the same as with the perk system generally, but worse: it gives the sweet rides to the players who need them the least, and keeps them out of the hands of the players who need them most.

ENY + 12 hour side switch is awful. It kills the game late night. You switch but because there are only 30 people on in another hour you're back to a 29 ENY, and now you're stuck with it all night. And half the time your ENY is only high because half your side is afk for the rest of the night - you can easily have the lowest number of actual active players but a high ENY.

the switch time is 6 hours not 12
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2018, 10:45:21 AM »
When I go to the MA, every time, there is a 90% chance that bishops will have as many players as both other sides combined. There is no ENY problem, except that it's not doing what it's intended to. Isn't it still automatic that new players are put on the bishop side? That should stop.

new players go to the side with the least amount of players-they can switch afterward.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2018, 10:48:55 AM »
This is the rub right here.

When I log on to a deserted map and get hit with ENY I log off.  I don’t mind flying other planes, but when I’ve been away for a few days I want a few reps in my Mustang first.  It’s depressing/annoying. 

I would not even turn ENY on until at least 75 players are in the arena (or something like that).

with 50 of those players being bish and 25 players being divided by rooks and Knights

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2018, 10:57:57 AM »

with 50 of those players being bish and 25 players being divided by rooks and Knights

Big deal.   That's better than having 30 players online with the Bish being TOTALLY outnumbered by the other two countries and still having a 7.3+ ENY.   I logged out* and went to work on skins instead of dealing with that (or switching countries to get stuck for four hours when ENY swings again later). 

This system is broken.   It needs tweaking.   I don't have the magic formula, but I can tell you this isn't it.

I'm going to retire from this discussion.  We've hashed this to death and all it does is tick people off, esp. Hitech.
__

*Just doing my part to balance the sides.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 11:08:43 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2018, 11:00:09 AM »
Nonsense.  Most people can't fly the P-51 to save their lives.  I'm barely even beginning to figure the thing out after six years of trying.  Getting killed is part of the process.

When you log on to an empty arena after being away for three weeks it is a real nut crusher to be ENY'd out of a ride you've been looking forward to flying.

ENY has its place, but as the game has evolved...ENY has NOT.   "Well we've always done it this way..." is not an answer.

then change sides

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2018, 11:00:51 AM »
then change sides

Why?  So I can get stuck on the screwed up ENY side 40 minutes later?  (I have already tried the changing sides "solution".   Please keep up with the thread.)

I'll just logout instead and you can play in an empty arena.  Good luck with that.    :aok

--

(Let's just drop it.  We've beaten this into the ground and it's only going to make people angry.)

« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 11:06:44 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2018, 11:21:41 AM »
Why?  So I can get stuck on the screwed up ENY side 40 minutes later?  (I have already tried the changing sides "solution".   Please keep up with the thread.)

I'll just logout instead and you can play in an empty arena.  Good luck with that.    :aok

--

(Let's just drop it.  We've beaten this into the ground and it's only going to make people angry.)

so you just log off because you can fly your favorite ride--that's just silly..
anyone can check my score/rides in all the last tours and see all the diff planes I fly-true my main rides are the spits for air T34-85 for ground. but at least I don't just log off because I can't fly a spit or a pony..
not long ago I survived a 2v1 fight for approx. 10 minutes with 2 F4U1-a's I was in a 109-F4-not because of eny but because I wanted to fly it-I lost of course but I had fun and was proud od what I did.

this game wasn't made to fly 1 plane or 1 tank, it was made to have fun. I do have more luck flying older planes then I do driving older thanks vs newer tanks but still doesn't stop me from playing.
if I logged off every time I couldn't fly my fav plane or drive my fav tank I would not play much.
logging off because you can't fly a P51 is your right but I think it is just silly.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2018, 11:25:15 AM »
so you just log off because you can fly your favorite ride--that's just silly..
anyone can check my score/rides in all the last tours and see all the diff planes I fly-true my main rides are the spits for air T34-85 for ground. but at least I don't just log off because I can't fly a spit or a pony..
not long ago I survived a 2v1 fight for approx. 10 minutes with 2 F4U1-a's I was in a 109-F4-not because of eny but because I wanted to fly it-I lost of course but I had fun and was proud od what I did.

this game wasn't made to fly 1 plane or 1 tank, it was made to have fun. I do have more luck flying older planes then I do driving older thanks vs newer tanks but still doesn't stop me from playing.
if I logged off every time I couldn't fly my fav plane or drive my fav tank I would not play much.
logging off because you can't fly a P51 is your right but I think it is just silly.

What's counterproductive (you would say silly) is ENY with only 30 players online--with two smaller countries ganging on the larger one in superior numbers to boot)  Having a system that works against itself is also harmful to encouraging people to play.  I don't have the ideal solution, but I am certain something to improve the situation could be found.

Thank you for explaining to me how playing the game the way I would like after a month off is silly.   Thank you for telling me how I should play the game--I had no idea what I was doing wrong.   I didn't realize I was supposed to have fun.    Silly me (pun intended).

:aok
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 11:56:32 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2018, 11:35:48 AM »
the only thing I have against tower sitters it does slightly effect eny. 1 of our bases are being attacked and some players are in the tower at that field doing nothing to defend it and we lose it. to me people sitting in the tower when that base is being attacked is akin to helping the enemy take that base. sure people pay to play their way. but if your just going to sit in the tower and do nothing you might as well just log off.

lol 1 of the main reason's knights complain about having eny is unlike bish and rooks, Knights don't or won't work together. only real time we do is when they can see it's possible we may win a map then they start working together. but not all together. at any givin time you will see 10 more or less doing their own thing.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2018, 11:42:41 AM »
[/b]

What's counterproductive (you would say silly) is ENY with only 30 players online--with two smaller countries ganging on the larger one in superior numbers to boot)  Having a system that works against itself is also harmful to encouraging people to play.  I don't have the ideal solution, but I am certain something to improve the situation could be found.

Thank you for explaining to me how playing the game the way I would like after a month off is silly.   Thank you for telling me how I should play the game--I had no idea what I was doing wrong.   I didn't realize I was supposed to have fun.    Silly me (pun intended).

:aok

it works its way around 1 day bish rook v nits-next day nit rooks v bish occasionally nits bish v rooks more often then not its bish/rooks v knights, and I will tell you why-KNIGHTS ARE THE BEST AND FUN COUNTRY TO FIGHT and you know it. last week on the Mindnao map I got pizzed at Knights and switched to rooks and I fought against the knights, was the most fun iv'e had in a long time.
most of the time when only 30 people on is between 2 and 5 am central time. not like the old days when you would still have at the least 200 souls on.

but hold--the underlying problem is still the lack of players. even in prime time..

it has been said here that people quit because of eny-maybe a few. but in actuality all the changes to the game when AH3 came out and computers had to be upgraded-and to be fare was said plenty of notice was given that that fact was a possibility-so people quit because they didn't want to spend the money-map changes and redesigned too many trees-trees with 1/4 inch branches stopping a 30 ton tank(fixed) sound changes-can't tell where the shot is coming from(I know a player who quit just because of that)they took out so much of the items in the landscape that had to make up for it with trees.
2 years before AH3 came out people were complaining about AH2 maps, no changes to the maps, or anything else. its eaiser now to white flag a town then it was in AH2. I can wf a town with B24s I seen it done with B26's.
bomb****s  cried because they couldn't see the gv's so gv radar appears. still can't see the gv unless it's moving, but shows you what section its in. it seems the majority rules in Aces High-bomber pilots cried and whined that the mountains on the Trinity map esp at V135 so instead of lowering the mountains they dropped the map( is a rumor ) that I heard more then once. AH3 is a different game compared to AH2. AH2 maps were extremely fun maps even FesterMA.
we still have never heard the official reason for HTC taking out the Trinity Map-probably THE MOST FUN and popular map of all time-next to the Compello V85-V88 map. But that is and this is his game-wait its ours also-to play that is.
I know HiTech and Skuzzy are very busy but it would be nice if they either one could take 30minutes or an hour once a week or every 2 weeks to come in game and talk to his PAYING customers. I've never met HiTech and Skuzzy, but I am a fan.(no smart remarks needed here)

when I get started I go all over the place sorry for hijacking.

eny is what it is. but no matter what is done if anything to the eny, the side switch time or whatever whine that comes up, there will always be somebody that will not like the change and complain about it, sure  there are other games out there to play. they may have prettier graphics, they may even be free to play, but you get what you don't pay for. Aces High is harder to play then any game/flight sim out there except maybe DCS. even though sometimes you can't tell it by 200 channel people are nicer and friendlier here.
some people say they can't find a fight-well then they ain't looking very hard--fly to an enemy base you will find it, ask Xbrit. he flies to enemy bases all the time over and over.

was on 200 hrs last tour.

log on play the game. YES its a game. don't take it seriously and you can have fun-yes I gripe and complain about vulchers and pickers but it happened in real life, so I live with it. hoeing happened in real life as well quit complaining about it.    I'm done here. Salute to all my AH comrades on all sides, and yes even you Vraciu.

oh by the way Vraciu shouldn't you be out flying that beautiful jet some where. what kind was it I lost that info sometime-it sure is pretty :salute
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 12:46:26 PM by lunatic1 »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2018, 11:54:07 AM »
the only thing I have against tower sitters it does slightly effect eny. 1 of our bases are being attacked and some players are in the tower at that field doing nothing to defend it and we lose it. to me people sitting in the tower when that base is being attacked is akin to helping the enemy take that base. sure people pay to play their way. but if your just going to sit in the tower and do nothing you might as well just log off.

lol 1 of the main reason's knights complain about having eny is unlike bish and rooks, Knights don't or won't work together. only real time we do is when they can see it's possible we may win a map then they start working together. but not all together. at any givin time you will see 10 more or less doing their own thing.

You think Nits don't work together?  Try being a Rook.   After the demise of SFOX's squadron we can hardly take a base at all.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2018, 12:49:00 PM »
You think Nits don't work together?  Try being a Rook.   After the demise of SFOX's squadron we can hardly take a base at all.

2 reasons for that-in my opinion of course-lack of people and bish and nits hitting rooks at the same time when rooks are not helping the bish. hehe

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2018, 03:47:58 PM »

I know HiTech and Skuzzy are very busy but it would be nice if they either one could take 30minutes or an hour once a week or every 2 weeks to come in game and talk to his PAYING customers. I've never met HiTech and Skuzzy, but I am a fan.(no smart remarks needed here)

This past month I traveled down to Texas to attend the former 49Sharks wedding, I was not far from the Dallas/Ft.Worth area so I decided to take a side trip to Keller TX where HiTech is based. I was able to talk with Both Skuzzy and Dale for almost an hour. I was interested in seeing the "Pipe" that brought the internet traffic in and out of HiTech, having worked for Ma Bell for 42 years I was curious as to what system they were using... I can report it is big enough to handle what ever traffic they have. Dale was kind enough to set me down at his desk and use his VR set up and what that was all about and how the 3D works in the game. I was also shown the cabinet which holds his Cragganmore 12 Year Old Scotch given to him by players wanting special favors, I can report I came empty handed. I was also shown some of the things that were in the process of being developed with the promise I would not reveal what I saw, and I have kept that promise, like I did when I was at a customers facility and saw things other would want to know about. The staff at HiTech were cordial and made my impromptu visit enjoyable.

The game as to how it's played, problems, rants or other things along that line were never discussed....I wanted the visit to end on a good note. They were very nice people

https://www.flickr.com/photos/9098213@N02/42503928744/in/dateposted-public/

« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 04:03:16 PM by Dundee »

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2018, 04:15:08 PM »
then change sides
I love that response.

Why so there can be a bigger horde attacking the bish. I switched to the knights Tuesday am and at 3 fields i could not get a single knight to bring troops after I wf and deacked it.  Every knight that was on was attacking the bish along with every rook. You were on lunatic when it happened. What’s the point of swapping countries to “help” eny?  So the swap thing don’t work unless you are interested in just hording one country. And the whines of the bish are hording the map is fruitless. As said before bish are fighting both front while the others are able to dedicate to taking/defending a base. And normally with +10 eny. If one country is able to horde both at any given time no matter what the eny maybe y’all should look at with in.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2018, 04:40:20 PM »
This past month I traveled down to Texas to attend the former 49Sharks wedding, I was not far from the Dallas/Ft.Worth area so I decided to take a side trip to Keller TX where HiTech is based. I was able to talk with Both Skuzzy and Dale for almost an hour. I was interested in seeing the "Pipe" that brought the internet traffic in and out of HiTech, having worked for Ma Bell for 42 years I was curious as to what system they were using... I can report it is big enough to handle what ever traffic they have. Dale was kind enough to set me down at his desk and use his VR set up and what that was all about and how the 3D works in the game. I was also shown the cabinet which holds his Cragganmore 12 Year Old Scotch given to him by players wanting special favors, I can report I came empty handed. I was also shown some of the things that were in the process of being developed with the promise I would not reveal what I saw, and I have kept that promise, like I did when I was at a customers facility and saw things other would want to know about. The staff at HiTech were cordial and made my impromptu visit enjoyable.

The game as to how it's played, problems, rants or other things along that line were never discussed....I wanted the visit to end on a good note. They were very nice people

HTC always rolls out the welcome wagon for visiting players. I would encourage anyone near the Dallas metroplex to call ahead and arrange a visit.

Glad to hear there are some new developments down the road. Hopefully Hitech will give us some sneak peaks in the near future.