Author Topic: I love this game but no other game I play has me tabbing out to fill time in  (Read 28656 times)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
ok logged in this evening at about 5:30 pm est played till 10:30 pm est not a single knight rook fight on there front other than once at a9 and it fizzled in about 15 min.  that makes for some piss poor game play in the evening when we shall I say have some players on.  all numbers were about equal with in 4 players everytime I checked.  constant solid dars on both our fronts all night. 
I like fighting planes but it gets tedious that every time I up I know I am going to have to fight 5 planes to get a fight.  and you guys that cry about getting out of the ack, and get out of the guns and get out of the gvs, maybe if they could get off the ground and not fight 5 of you at once they would.  maybe if we didn't have to fly a sector and half to get to the base more people would up.  it has as much to do with you guys hoarding one country as it does them not upping fighter so they can be vulched and picked and ganged. 

Name 1 other game that's open world base taking PvP like this.  The only one I know of is Planetside 2.  Take a guess how many sides they have.  There's something to it, contrary to popular belief.

Wiley.
wiley I have only started playing games in the last couple of years so I can only speak of the 3 or 4 I have played, but in those there are only two countries and there doesn't seem to be the mass hoarding we get in here and numbers for the most part start pretty equal as the side changing at most only affect you for 10 min. 
now tell me how being ganged all night is fun by two countries?  I get to play a lot more than others but I can tell you I would find no intrest at all in this game if I logged in for a few hours every night and this is what I logged in to or vice versa every night I logged in there was 12 green guys all trying to get a kill on the 1 or 2 of the red guys that tried to up.  maybe it worked back in 1996 or when ever the hay day of the game but it don't really work now.  times change players change and if you are not willing to change with you get left behind. 

Offline 715

• Silver Member
wish there was a way to get new players to post in here what they find wrong with the game(their version) or what they like or dislike about it :joystick:

One thing you can do is look at the Steam reviews people leave.  By far the most prevalent negative comments refer to the $15/month expense and that the learning curve is extremely steep (actually mentioned in both positive and negative reviews). A somewhat less common complaint is that the controls are difficult to set up and/or it's too hard to control the plane (especially in VR).

Positive comments include the open sandbox nature of AH3, the graphics of some of the planes/vehicles, and the fact that virtually all planes and vehicles are available to everyone (as compared to some games where you either have to grind forever to get access to vehicles/planes that aren't junk or you have to open your wallet and pay to win).

You can see that some of these are not self-consistent: they don't want to pay the $15/month, yet they also don't want to pay microtransactions for access to good equipment.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
You can see that some of these are not self-consistent: they don't want to pay the $15/month, yet they also don't want to pay microtransactions for access to good equipment.

It's perfectly consistent.  They don't want to pay. ;)

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
I think you're overstating it a bit.  The toxicity in this game at its worst is a mild Tuesday in a lot of other games.  Online play comes with its downside, and here we've got it good.

Wiley.
Yes SIR! I agree...My point was that we should be BETTER as a community, especially since we have a Superior game. I have seen several New Players have the scenario I mentioned TOTALLY turn them off to this game. These players were FROM some of the other(Over The Top chippy/hostile) game communities, so they were NO Shrinking Violets when it comes to knowing what is out there. They loved the "game Play" model, but being that it cost $15 a month AND dealing with the same type of BS (all be it way tamer) was just too much. In all honesty...I couldnt blame them  :mad:   
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
I'd love to see players always be able to switch to a country with fewer players -- but they can change to a country with more players only once very X hours as a limit.
Now THAT is something I could get behind  :rock Seems like the best of both worlds. Would cut down on folk switching just to collect the perks for a win...AND balances the numbers :rock This AND a way to BOOT players that are sitting in tower for hours on end would solve MOST of the gripes I see here.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
I personally do love the idea of 3 countries. But with numbers how they are now in my timezone, there is little to do except join the horde. I was flying around 2 days ago and there was nothing to do for 2 hours. I decided (against squad rules) to switch sides and fight the horde. While that was fun, it felt like i was basically fighting 10 guys on my own (there where 2 others defending as well).

There needs something to change. Either rework eny and the time limed to switching sides. (why is this so long to begin with? why not 30 minutes or an hour?(i know it was 8 hours in the past but 4 is still to long). Or reduce the games amount of countries. Again i love the 3 countries system but being bored to sh*t makes me wanna play other games instead.

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
I personally do love the idea of 3 countries. But with numbers how they are now in my timezone, there is little to do except join the horde. I was flying around 2 days ago and there was nothing to do for 2 hours. I decided (against squad rules) to switch sides and fight the horde. While that was fun, it felt like i was basically fighting 10 guys on my own (there where 2 others defending as well).

There needs something to change. Either rework eny and the time limed to switching sides. (why is this so long to begin with? why not 30 minutes or an hour?(i know it was 8 hours in the past but 4 is still to long). Or reduce the games amount of countries. Again i love the 3 countries system but being bored to sh*t makes me wanna play other games instead.

DutchVII

Your not the only one it makes bored.. the numbers show it. It appears the company here thinks 20 vs 20 vs 20 = more targets.. when in reality it is 20vs 20, while the other 20 log off bored.  I lost count of how many times ive seen it happen.  Myself and others quit banging our head against a wall trying to explain it, or "whine' about it ,and other things such as resupply, in hopes to see a change.  The only change you see though is peoples overall interest in the game.

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Your not the only one it makes bored.. the numbers show it. It appears the company here thinks 20 vs 20 vs 20 = more targets.. when in reality it is 20vs 20, while the other 20 log off bored.  I lost count of how many times ive seen it happen.  Myself and others quit banging our head against a wall trying to explain it, or "whine' about it ,and other things such as resupply, in hopes to see a change.  The only change you see though is peoples overall interest in the game.

I hate to say it, because I don't want to anger anyone....but.....you're right.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
I hate to say it, because I don't want to anger anyone....but.....you're right.

I dont see the need for anyone to get mad.  Its a problem that ive observed, and im sharing it.

I continue to support the business in hopes of seeing positive changes.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
 :aok
I dont see the need for anyone to get mad.  Its a problem that ive observed, and im sharing it.

I continue to support the business in hopes of seeing positive changes.
Exactly...where else we gonna go....AINT nowhere better. Faults and issues aside, its the best we have available,IMO :rock

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
:aokExactly...where else we gonna go....AINT nowhere better. Faults and issues aside, its the best we have available,IMO :rock

Zactly.  The game has many aspects to try out if boredam sets in, assuming one has an open mind for something different. 

All gave some, Some gave all

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Zactly.  The game has many aspects to try out if boredam sets in, assuming one has an open mind for something different.

I just don't see it that way.   I love this game, but when the arena is empty there's not much difference between that and trying new things offline.

Something has to change or we are going to lose more players.   I wish I had the answer.  I'm pondering it all day long sometimes and I can't figure it out.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
:aokExactly...where else we gonna go....AINT nowhere better. Faults and issues aside, its the best we have available,IMO :rock

Hobson's Choice.

It may be the best there is but that doesn't mean people don't have a choice to do something else--even if that's nothing at all.

I wonder if there is a way to get back in touch with former players and try to coax them into coming back...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 03:16:24 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
You completely misunderstood my intent.  My intent was to show Google does not have much of the way of search information from me as I do not use them, or rarely use them.
my intent was to show you that your customer base may or may not have a search history with google, they may or may not be using Ie or edge or what ever tool was delivered with their machine.  My point was  and still is that given the tools your potential customers have if they do a search for Air combat games or WW2 Flight Simulator or Air Combat Simulator, it doesn't do HTC any good if Aces High is not one of the top 5 game sites listed and my experience has been that using Google or Edge or IE, I just don't see Aces High listed. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
What the hell are you doing Tabbing out of a game?  If you do that here, then you deserve to be shot down.
Pay attention.   :old:

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear