Author Topic: I love this game but no other game I play has me tabbing out to fill time in  (Read 28593 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member

And two sides... :noid :bolt:

You'll see The Pope riding down Sunset Blvd. naked, on a Harley, before that happens.  :devil

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
You'll see The Pope riding down Sunset Blvd. naked, on a Harley, before that happens.  :devil

*sad trombone*

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
This is usually not an instant gratification game.  That is not an error.  So short attention spanners cant handle it.

I like that it takes time to setup a sortie.  I would of course prefer that when I get to where I saw bad guys when I took off that there are ample enough numbers in the game where they are still present when I arrive at the target.

Awesome game!

EDIT: Unless you up from a highly capped field! Instance death usually.  Not my preference.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Like what? More advertising? Both Steam and (Google, I presume) Internet incursions brought in new faces but few remained. Better graphics? The release of AH3 brought back quite a few of the old vets, but they slowly disappeared.

Not all, but most agree that game play has gone down the toilet for one reason or another. Yet, HTC seems determined to maintain status quo as far as perks, ENY, side switch time restriction, strat locations, GV dar, etc, etc, etc. I sometimes get the feeling that HTC has formulated other revenue streams, which subsidize the game. That makes sense from a financial standpoint and might explain why we're not seeing much in terms of game development, other than VR.

I'm really hoping that Hitech has a box of goodies in the works...time will tell. I've been kicking around the idea of upgrading my monitor and vid card, to the tune of about $700...a fair investment living on a retirement income. I'd be pretty bummed to pull the trigger and see the game disappear.

The problem with the Steam deal was HTC wasnt ready for it. I dont think they thought they were going to get much interest from that front and didnt bother to "gear up" for it. The VR controls werent ready, they didnt have the auto load videos for the newbies to help walk them through getting started heck they could have asked for volunteers to hang out and welcome the newbies in and answer questions.

Game play has "gone down the toilet" due to players cutting corners as much as they can to "win the war". HTC needs to adjust things to bring the FIGHT to win the war back as the main focus of play.

Get rid of GV dar squares, add a another dar bar to signal a GV in the sector. Give the storch the same range on vehicles whether they are moving or stopped to simulate spotting tracks. That will make the Storch worth flying, and spotting vehicle easier yet we wont have the big old box saying "HERE I AM!". GVs will be used to attack more and it will bring back the tank fights.

Get rid of M3 town resupply. C47, ok, but no more vehicles bringing towns back up before the attackers leave the sector

Use something like the "local" ENY ideas we have seen before. 10 guys in a sector ok, 15, small ENY hit, 20 Big ENY hit. You want to fly your "pony" you cant be in the horde. Spreads fights out. With something like this the 6 hour switch limit would become obsolete.

Bombers get extended down times. If you drop a hanger from a bomber over 10k it says down 10 minutes longer than taking it down any other way. This will bring back the medium alt bomber runs and with them cover to hold off the attacks. Again more opportunities for combat.

None of these "suggestions" MAKE a player change how they play, but most will change how they play. You want to resupply a town instead of defend it? Go ahead, but you'll have to do it in a goon, bring a friend or two for cover. You want the hangers down? Sure, but 6 jabos are only going to get you a 15 minute window. You want more time, bring bombers, and a few friends for cover.

Can these changes be made? I dont know, but these are the things I think they should be looking at. Things that while they dont "take away" options in the sandbox, they make other options look easier/better and so guide the direction the game is to be played.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 02:09:26 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member

And two sides... :noid :bolt:
much like right now in the MA.  for the last three hours it has been 70 to 30 with both nits and rooks hitting bish.  makes for horrible game play so I logged.  one less fighter to have in the are.  enjoy fighting town acks and bombing buildings all day.  I dare some one to say switch sides

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
much like right now in the MA.  for the last three hours it has been 70 to 30 with both nits and rooks hitting bish.  makes for horrible game play so I logged.  one less fighter to have in the are.  enjoy fighting town acks and bombing buildings all day.  I dare some one to say switch sides

We were hitting you because you were 2 fields from winning when enough people noticed it and were on to do something about it.  If you don't want us to push back, stop taking our bases. :p

Wiley.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 03:28:20 PM by Wiley »
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
We were hitting you because you were 2 fields from winning when enough people noticed it and were on to do something about it.  If you don't want us to push back, stop taking our bases. :p

Wiley.

ok still piss poor game play on a Saturday afternoon. and if I remember correct nits owned about 12%ish of rook bases, weird they try nothing at all to get those back.  just the nature of the game now, you are either in the horde or trying to fight horde.  plus its the weekend its to be expected. you just have one less person to vulch now in your 190d

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member

Like I told you bish only needed 2 nit bases to win the war-that's why we hitting bish so hard.

rooks started taking their bases back from bish
rooks didn't own any or enough nit bases to worry us.

tell you something else a lot of people post on 200 how they hate NDIsles map but put up a fight because no one wants to give bases away-usually.
oops reminded me just now to make another wish.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48  :devil

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Like I told you bish only needed 2 nit bases to win the war-that's why we hitting bish so hard.

rooks started taking their bases back from bish
rooks didn't own any or enough nit bases to worry us.

tell you something else a lot of people post on 200 how they hate NDIsles map but put up a fight because no one wants to give bases away-usually.
oops reminded me just now to make another wish.

Which highlights in a nutshell the problem with a low-number three-country war. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
ok still piss poor game play on a Saturday afternoon. and if I remember correct nits owned about 12%ish of rook bases, weird they try nothing at all to get those back.

As usual, you weren't looking terribly close.  They took them back.  But do continue on with your persecution complex.  Everybody's against you, the same as the other two sides.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Bish roll bases day in and day out with vastly superior numbers and poor Flippz is upset that Rook and Nits would dare to fight back  :devil

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 04:09:51 PM by Max »

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Their morning crew did their normal schtick, didn't quite get both sides rolled before enough people woke up and got on to start fighting back.  Same old same old.

Wiley.

JG11