Author Topic: I love this game but no other game I play has me tabbing out to fill time in  (Read 28665 times)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
As usual, you weren't looking terribly close.  They took them back.  But do continue on with your persecution complex.  Everybody's against you, the same as the other two sides.

Wiley.
I give a toejam about taking bases or winning the map. I like to fight airplanes. It just sucks when there are actually enough people on to do that it doesn’t happen. But luckily logging off today gave me enough time to get il2 fixed on my computer and I have been furballing with about 14 other planes for the last hour having a ball. So thanks guys

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
OK,up front...My terminology may be off a bit...NOT feeling all so swell so read this with an open mind(try to look past little terms and descriptions). This IS AN WW2 simulator, or a Combat simulator that uses WW2 weapons...same deal to me. WW2 was a THREE FRONT WAR for most countries involved, at some point. US had Japan and Germany, Germany had Russia and US(or allies for those nitpickers) Japan had US and French(at some times in indo china). Its hard being on the receiving end of a 2 front assault. So ACES HIGH simulates that historically IMO. Its just part of the HUMAN CONDITION. If not for Russia attacking back against Germany on the Eastern Front, would the Allies have pushed as far as they did on the Western Front? Probably not and the reverse is also true. Difference between History and Aces High...there is no MEET AT BERLIN and stop fighting....in Aces High. Either the Allies or the Russians keep rolling east/west depending on your side of choice. At times its obvious that the intent is NOT TOO WIN the map...its to EXCERT your will on the other SIDE. Thats when all your strats are zeroed and the 4 bases you COULD up from are porked and or camped. Its just the way WE as players are wired,IMO. HOW to fix this issue...I HAVE NO IDEA. Maybe a different type of WIN CONDITIONS other than win the map? One country openly concedes that this PARTICULAR goal isnt in their considerations(for the most part). You cant make EVERYONE happy, and dont expect HTC to accomplish that in programming of a game. In my opinion, the biggest issue of game play..IS the OPEN HOSTILITY shown to folk who are willing to swap sides. They are in all 3 sides and EVERYONE knows them and who they are. It keeps me from doing it. Sure I could play for other sides under an alias..but that leads right into isue of SHADE/SPY accusations. AGAIN, on all 3 sides and we know exactly who. If you want things to improve  MAYBE focus on fixing that particular attitude. How to do that...no idea...but thats just my opinion. Its a game...we all love it..so until we start treating the game with the love and respect we say that we have...NOTHING WILL get better :uhoh   
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
I give a toejam about taking bases or winning the map. I like to fight airplanes. It just sucks when there are actually enough people on to do that it doesn’t happen. But luckily logging off today gave me enough time to get il2 fixed on my computer and I have been furballing with about 14 other planes for the last hour having a ball. So thanks guys

So you have no issues furballing in IL2 but fighting the combined MONSTER HORDE of Nits & Rooks (spread out all over the map - insert giggle here) makes you mad? LOLZ!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
He seemed happy enough hanging over our fields and vulching for some reason. Guess he doesn't like anything more than a token defense.  It's a common enough attitude in the game.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
So you have no issues furballing in IL2 but fighting the combined MONSTER HORDE of Nits & Rooks (spread out all over the map - insert giggle here) makes you mad? LOLZ!
Naw it’s pretty even in there with in a few planes OF A TWO SIDED BATTLE so it’s fun. 
He seemed happy enough hanging over our fields and vulching for some reason. Guess he doesn't like anything more than a token defense.  It's a common enough attitude in the game.

Wiley.
We were attacking you field and at the time of my arrival there were four of you every time. You didn’t seem to mind picking me in two fights and vulching me on the runway  and after flying over there from a back base which took about seven minutes only to have to dive into three or four of y’all to get a fight because anything co alt turned and ran it gets tiresome and boring. So I moved to 49 and of course it was the same trash there. If you come in coalt you all scatter like cockroaches until there’s three or four that can just pick at you. So after about four or five attempts there yeah I gave up. You do realize we were fighting at both bases your whole countries with us split right?  But again that is what makes that aces high.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Naw it’s pretty even in there with in a few planes OF A TWO SIDED BATTLE so it’s fun.  We were attacking you field and at the time of my arrival there were four of you every time. You didn’t seem to mind picking me in two fights and vulching me on the runway  and after flying over there from a back base which took about seven minutes only to have to dive into three or four of y’all to get a fight because anything co alt turned and ran it gets tiresome and boring. So I moved to 49 and of course it was the same trash there. If you come in coalt you all scatter like cockroaches until there’s three or four that can just pick at you. So after about four or five attempts there yeah I gave up. You do realize we were fighting at both bases your whole countries with us split right?  But again that is what makes that aces high.

Sounds to me like you'd be a lot happier in a game where it's hobbled down to be fair instead of an open world game where your enemies have the option to do what they want.

WIley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
Naw it’s pretty even in there with in a few planes OF A TWO SIDED BATTLE so it’s fun.  We were attacking you field and at the time of my arrival there were four of you every time. You didn’t seem to mind picking me in two fights and vulching me on the runway  and after flying over there from a back base which took about seven minutes only to have to dive into three or four of y’all to get a fight because anything co alt turned and ran it gets tiresome and boring. So I moved to 49 and of course it was the same trash there. If you come in coalt you all scatter like cockroaches until there’s three or four that can just pick at you. So after about four or five attempts there yeah I gave up. You do realize we were fighting at both bases your whole countries with us split right?  But again that is what makes that aces high.
Hate to burst your bubble but you pretty much just described your squad’s SOP to a tee. I really feel like you don’t fit in with that crew. You’re the only one that will fight every time Flippz. For that you have my respect.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member

Nice job in FSO. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Other games are cheaper. Except giants like wow. It's not for no reason lol Dota and fortnight are so popular. They are free. And than you have a bunch of indi games which cost 5 bucks at a steam sale. Only the AAA games make there costumers pay 60 bucks and than the optional loot boxes which you can buy.

Here we need to have a great pc. A joystick. Preferably a track ir and a sub of 15 bucks a month. It's not a cheap game in no sence of the way. 15 bucks is to much if you can play a free (or a 1 time fee)game jnstead.

Not one game is anything like Aces High III. Those games you call "cheap" really are, I agree. They just are not worth the price or the time.
AH III hardly requires a "great" PC .

The games that are free.... you are what is being sold.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
Not one game is anything like Aces High III. Those games you call "cheap" really are, I agree. They just are not worth the price or the time.
AH III hardly requires a "great" PC .

The games that are free.... you are what is being sold.

I just didn't want to bring up our direct competition. I don't think that's classy and aces high doesn't need it.
But yes more games are released every half year which are cheaper and do the same stuff and maybe better. Except from the mmo standpoint which I think is what makes AH great.

Who is to say what's worth anybody's time or price. I know AH for me is worth the price. However every friend in the last 10 years I tried to introduce to the game. Said: " well no thank you. It's not worth 15 bucks a month."

And it's not only me saying this. The other week friends in-game came to me. "Dude have you seen that new game? It looks great and I think I am gonna buy it." They don't care about the forum, they will just leave and find a new home.

I am really sorry but this is what the reality really looks like. Everyone can say that I am wrong, but players are leaving over it. And I hate to see my home dying. My old squad once left the game for another and it kinda broke my heart. And I'll be dammed that I will let this happen again over some silly ignorance in our community.

I don't like to say this at all but it's a fact AH is getting behind the compatition and it's expensive.

DutchVII
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 07:10:34 AM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Perhaps a FIND A FIGHT option on the clipboard that will take everyone to opposing bases and generate action.  You won’t launch until someone else clicks it, too.   Sorta like Match without the air start. . 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 10:48:53 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
Hate to burst your bubble but you pretty much just described your squad’s SOP to a tee. I really feel like you don’t fit in with that crew. You’re the only one that will fight every time Flippz. For that you have my respect.
thanks man.  wish more would fight.  think score and embarrassment keep a lot from actually fighting.  had to switch to nit last night to get a fight after chasing the same plane through his ack 5 times even when on merge he had alt advantage twice.  like varicu said its either the whole country or you are left twiddling you thumbs.  I don't want to get into the squad thing on this thread (keep it focused for two country war). 

Nice job in FSO. 
thank you its not a spixteen but it will work lol

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
I just didn't want to bring up our direct competition. I don't think that's classy and aces high doesn't need it.
But yes more games are released every half year which are cheaper and do the same stuff and maybe better. Except from the mmo standpoint which I think is what makes AH great.
So they are not like AH III.

Who is to say what's worth anybody's time or price. I know AH for me is worth the price. However every friend in the last 10 years I tried to introduce to the game. Said: " well no thank you. It's not worth 15 bucks a month."
They sit at home and twiddle their thumbs, almost freely if the electricity is off and they own the place. Then only taxes.... and food, water..... but is it worth it?

:aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
So they are not like AH III.
They sit at home and twiddle their thumbs, almost freely if the electricity is off and they own the place. Then only taxes.... and food, water..... but is it worth it?

:aok

Nice, belittle my observations. Whatever gets us more players here I support it...  :aok
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
The best way to defeat a giant horde is to get a really high Temp or 262 and go buzz a few of the hoarders. Works great. Gets them all to separate a bit. Then your frendlies can roll from the base or at least have a chance to defend.

Just play your own game and don't worry about everyone else. I switch all the time to find the best action. Don't worry about other people. Do what you want to do.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion