Author Topic: I love this game but no other game I play has me tabbing out to fill time in  (Read 28594 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Yea Flippz like Lil Mak said...you really are complaining about the things I used to give your squad a ton of crap for....your squad was in furball lake in DA ganging me one night, next day I saw Puller and Sawzaw complain about gangbangs...the hypocrisy is more annoying then the actual acts.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline puller

• Gold Member
And your shade is?????
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
And your shade is?????
I'll be flying my normal account, I haven't played in months...dont need a shade account to get under your skin...
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Nice, belittle my observations. Whatever gets us more players here I support it...  :aok

Not attacking you or belittling you at all. Please do not take it that way. Just trying to get you to think it through a bit more. Those you speak of, while they would be more head count, would it actually be good.

I live real life paying in so lazy people don't have to work. Would hate to see the game fall to that.

:salute
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
So they are not like AH III.
They sit at home and twiddle their thumbs, almost freely if the electricity is off and they own the place. Then only taxes.... and food, water..... but is it worth it?

:aok
Nice, belittle my observations. Whatever gets us more players here I support it...  :aok
[/quote]
And your shade is?????
I'll be flying my normal account, I haven't played in months...dont need a shade account to get under your skin...
FIRST, this IS NOT to lay blame or point fingers....That being said, this sort of BS has really reached a TOXIC LEVEL in game. Whether you believe it or not, or just write it off..Personally I see it this way and cant argue with anyone else's perceptions, as its not my job to make you see things MY WAY. Most PLAYERS dont come to these forums...so maybe we could leave all this"You do this"...."Only because you do this"...."your opinion is Bull"..."Dont tell me how to play, its MT 15 bucks"  ON THE FORUMS. Yes sure,DETUNE 200 or grow up...SEE IT ALL THE TIME. Would you invite someone into your house to look around and visit, WITHOUT straightening up some before hand? I wouldnt, I dont even do THAT with familly. It would embarrass me as I am not a slob. This game is great, but it isnt for everyone,TRUE.  All I am saying is, its up to the PLAYERS to spruce up the interior a bit. Put stuff in the closet (forums) and dont leave the trash out for all visitors to look at. You invite me to your home and it look unkempt....dont care what you are cooking for dinner, I aint eating there...free or not :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
Hehe 1stpar3 love you bro <3

Not attacking you or belittling you at all. Please do not take it that way. Just trying to get you to think it through a bit more. Those you speak of, while they would be more head count, would it actually be good.

I live real life paying in so lazy people don't have to work. Would hate to see the game fall to that.

:salute

Than I have misunderstood your last paragraph :cheers: :salute

DutchVII
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 05:13:47 PM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
Yea Flippz like Lil Mak said...you really are complaining about the things I used to give your squad a ton of crap for....your squad was in furball lake in DA ganging me one night, next day I saw Puller and Sawzaw complain about gangbangs...the hypocrisy is more annoying then the actual acts.
Not getting into a finger pointing argument with you. When we wind up in the same forum it always gets locked. Congrats on the job going well.

I just think the three country war isn’t working. Some do I guess. But I watched the bish numbers go from the high 40s to 26 Sunday afternoon after the second day of continuous hoarding on both fronts. It’s not a whine that the bish ain’t gonna win it’s a point that it gets draining fighting 3v1 every time you up. And most quit upping after numbers get like that. But not my business. I’m done with it.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
It’s not a whine that the bish ain’t gonna win it’s a point that it gets draining fighting 3v1 every time you up. And most quit upping after numbers get like that. But not my business. I’m done with it.

I will attempt to explain why this statement is bluntly put, really really funny.

You are complaining about the exact situation the other two sides find themselves in constantly.  For whatever reason, this weekend the Nits decided it was a good idea to start moving mud.  The Rooks decided to get uncharacteristically aggressive too.  The way maps generally tend to be taken is, a side will work on one opponent until they've got enough bases then switch the majority of their forces to the other.  That is how maps are generally won.

And from what I've seen, when the other two sides are occupied against each other, the Bish will attempt to push a front.  If they meet resistance, they switch to the other.  Thereby double-teaming one of the other sides.

Now for some reason the Nits decided to push the bish back so they had way more bases than they needed.  Partly due to the amount of squeaking I'd imagine, partly to do with the fact that when the Bish decide to push a front, they do it quickly and the Nits wanted a buffer.

But you guys spent a good deal of time with a completely inactive front with the Nits while we worked on the Rooks, and were in fact attacking the Rooks for whatever reason.  This happened several times over the course of the weekend.

You were effectively helping us double-team the Rooks.  I am guessing maybe because whoever generally leads the Bish horde wanted the map to roll, or something.  And oddly, very little whining occurred from the Rooks while this was taking place.  Perhaps because they're used to it, as are the Nits, the only difference being the Nits were pushing harder this weekend.

To the other two sides, this was standard play.  It happens all the time, and it's generally relatively rare they log en masse over it.

tl:dr, you're essentially saying "But it's no fun when the other guys do what we do 95% of the time!"  Which makes sympathy a touch difficult.

Wiley.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 12:19:55 AM by Wiley »
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
Greetings,

I don't fly very often, however I maintain my subscription, so the following comment is not me looking for a hand out.  Maybe, just maybe, the target audience should be bringing back former members to see the new additions.  While it is easy for me to give away Hitech's money, perhaps a second 2 week period to previous members might bring some of 'em back.

Regards,

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
FIRST, this IS NOT to lay blame or point fingers....That being said, this sort of BS has really reached a TOXIC LEVEL in game. Whether you believe it or not, or just write it off..Personally I see it this way and cant argue with anyone else's perceptions, as its not my job to make you see things MY WAY. Most PLAYERS dont come to these forums...so maybe we could leave all this"You do this"...."Only because you do this"...."your opinion is Bull"..."Dont tell me how to play, its MT 15 bucks"  ON THE FORUMS. Yes sure,DETUNE 200 or grow up...SEE IT ALL THE TIME. Would you invite someone into your house to look around and visit, WITHOUT straightening up some before hand? I wouldnt, I dont even do THAT with familly. It would embarrass me as I am not a slob. This game is great, but it isnt for everyone,TRUE.  All I am saying is, its up to the PLAYERS to spruce up the interior a bit. Put stuff in the closet (forums) and dont leave the trash out for all visitors to look at. You invite me to your home and it look unkempt....dont care what you are cooking for dinner, I aint eating there...free or not :uhoh
You don't know much about the gaming community if you think they care about people talking crap to one another....go check out Reddit for any other game then look in the comments.

Gamers are more the type to leave if you say you are making chicken tacos and they show up to find spaghetti...aka a combat simulator where you fight town buildings.

Edit: Personally my stance is HTC should force players to have to fight one another even if half you suckers don't like it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 01:22:51 AM by JunkyII »
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
You don't know much about the gaming community if you think they care about people talking crap to one another....go check out Reddit for any other game then look in the comments.

Gamers are more the type to leave if you say you are making chicken tacos and they show up to find spaghetti...aka a combat simulator where you fight town buildings.

Edit: Personally my stance is HTC should force players to have to fight one another even if half you suckers don't like it.
If you take away fighting ground ack I wouldn’t have anything to fight 1/2 the time. The sissies in here will not fight in here to save there lives unless they have 3v1. You couldn’t force those guys to fight

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
If you take away fighting ground ack I wouldn’t have anything to fight 1/2 the time. The sissies in here will not fight in here to save there lives unless they have 3v1. You couldn’t force those guys to fight

Which is it Flippz? Either you're getting ganged or can't find anyone to do battle with. Your grumbling has become deafening. Take a break, go fishing, play the other game or spend time with the family. Seriously bruh, you get too worked up over a game.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
I came here for fighter combat after I saw a cockpit section of Mistsubishi Zero up close in a museum and thought what balls to fight in that. Figured there must be a WW2 flight simulator available by now and found Aces High myself.

I flew at the furbal lake and duelled a lot around when The Few and The Muppets were active. I was only interested in ACM by this point. As numbers slowly declined - initially most likely due to the recession & other games with no subscription (no more squeakers for example) - the paradigm slowly shifted in fighting. Especially in the MA it became reduced to a game of who could fly the Dicta Boelcke Rule № 1 flowchart the best.

The dedicated ACM-heads mostly left either through frustration or from initiatives by HTC which seemed focussed on giving more and more alternatives to air combat. New fighter aircraft stopped coming, new tanks came, the 88-mm came  :rolleyes: The 12-hour protest saw the ejection of 95% of those remaining that I used to duel with every morning*.

So the high-fidelity flight model-based, edge-of-the-seat, 'all-in' ACM-based dogfights I came to love are now EXTREMELY hard for me to find, especially on my timezone. I'm left with the occasional old-school opponent like Trogdor, Copprhed, and some others, the occasional competitive duel against Blade or Rud3boi in the (now utterly ruined) Match Play Arena, or literally giving small gangs my 6 and trying to swim out of it. Or trying to hunt down infuriating examples of what's left - like certain unsportsmanlike, infamous Corsair pilots - whom I have to fight with one ACM-hand tied behind my back because I know they'll dive out, run to friendlies, ack, or mama CV at the drop of a hat.

The game has been reduced to one arena, to almost no new players, largely just a bunch of old hands, grinding out the same self-absorbed gameplay day-after-day, with narrowband ACM, but extremely experienced and effective in risk assessment and exploiting every method the MA now offers to save their cartoon lives when the advantage is lost. Then defending their actions by bragging about their indisputably better score and rank.

Asking why, in the name of Satan's flaming underpants, this would be attractive to any new players for free - let alone paying $15 a month for the privilege - might have been a good place to start considering radical gameplay / game-balancing changes. A great and applicable paradigm from Kansei Engineering and Design: if you try to please everybody, you end up pleasing no one. You are condemned to navigate the average wishes of an ever shrinking puddle in the desert.

What boggles my mind personally is why the direction for a game uniquely distinguished by its perfect balance of flight model and simulation versus gameplay has for the last - I dunno - five years has been apparently anti-air combat. It would have been less disingenuous to have changed the title long ago.

*Regarding this issue - around this time the analogy was given that AH was a house, and you don't start bustin in telling the house-owners what to do (I didn't perceive that was the behaviour myself). I remember thinking at the time how unnecessarily confrontational and combative that difference of opinion became. It rather looks by this point that the better analogy is that Aces High was a hotel, and a hotel that doesn't consider the experiential feedback of its regular guests while at the same time unable to compete with the new, cheap or free house-sharing / couch-surfing competition ends up with a lot of closed rooms.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
I came here for fighter combat after I saw a cockpit section of Mistsubishi Zero up close in a museum and thought what balls to fight in that. Figured there must be a WW2 flight simulator available by now and found Aces High myself.

I flew at the furbal lake and duelled a lot around when The Few and The Muppets were active. I was only interested in ACM by this point. As numbers slowly declined - initially most likely due to the recession & other games with no subscription (no more squeakers for example) - the paradigm slowly shifted in fighting. Especially in the MA it became reduced to a game of who could fly the Dicta Boelcke Rule № 1 flowchart the best.

The dedicated ACM-heads mostly left either through frustration or from initiatives by HTC which seemed focussed on giving more and more alternatives to air combat. New fighter aircraft stopped coming, new tanks came, the 88-mm came  :rolleyes: The 12-hour protest saw the ejection of 95% of those remaining that I used to duel with every morning*.

So the high-fidelity flight model-based, edge-of-the-seat, 'all-in' ACM-based dogfights I came to love are now EXTREMELY hard for me to find, especially on my timezone. I'm left with the occasional old-school opponent like Trogdor, Copprhed, and some others, the occasional competitive duel against Blade or Rud3boi in the (now utterly ruined) Match Play Arena, or literally giving small gangs my 6 and trying to swim out of it. Or trying to hunt down infuriating examples of what's left - like certain unsportsmanlike, infamous Corsair pilots - whom I have to fight with one ACM-hand tied behind my back because I know they'll dive out, run to friendlies, ack, or mama CV at the drop of a hat.

The game has been reduced to one arena, to almost no new players, largely just a bunch of old hands, grinding out the same self-absorbed gameplay day-after-day, with narrowband ACM, but extremely experienced and effective in risk assessment and exploiting every method the MA now offers to save their cartoon lives when the advantage is lost. Then defending their actions by bragging about their indisputably better score and rank.

Asking why, in the name of Satan's flaming underpants, this would be attractive to any new players for free - let alone paying $15 a month for the privilege - might have been a good place to start considering radical gameplay / game-balancing changes. A great and applicable paradigm from Kansei Engineering and Design: if you try to please everybody, you end up pleasing no one. You are condemned to navigate the average wishes of an ever shrinking puddle in the desert.

What boggles my mind personally is why the direction for a game uniquely distinguished by its perfect balance of flight model and simulation versus gameplay has for the last - I dunno - five years has been apparently anti-air combat. It would have been less disingenuous to have changed the title long ago.

*Regarding this issue - around this time the analogy was given that AH was a house, and you don't start bustin in telling the house-owners what to do (I didn't perceive that was the behaviour myself). I remember thinking at the time how unnecessarily confrontational and combative that difference of opinion became. It rather looks by this point that the better analogy is that Aces High was a hotel, and a hotel that doesn't consider the experiential feedback of its regular guests while at the same time unable to compete with the new, cheap or free house-sharing / couch-surfing competition ends up with a lot of closed rooms.

Lots of truth in this.   There’s a tendency to ban, run off, discourage good sticks, and they take a lot of people with them. 

You need villains and people who are a challenge to drive competition.   They generate fights by their mere presence, something that has collapsed in the last several weeks. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
Several weeks? Did I miss something?

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.