Author Topic: I love this game but no other game I play has me tabbing out to fill time in  (Read 28675 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Several weeks? Did I miss something?

DutchVII

Apparently, or you were numb to it already...
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline puller

• Gold Member
Which is it Flippz? Either you're getting ganged or can't find anyone to do battle with. Your grumbling has become deafening. Take a break, go fishing, play the other game or spend time with the family. Seriously bruh, you get too worked up over a game.

He loves the game and wants it to succeed...You should want that and not tell him to go play the OTHER game...Which, by the way, we have a squad over there too...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
He loves the game and wants it to succeed...You should want that and not tell him to go play the OTHER game...Which, by the way, we have a squad over there too...

Are people only allowed to play one game?  The MA is what it is.  Give people an open world, they're going to do whatever they can to win.  Personally that's the thing I like best about this game.  The enemy's not constrained other than by physics in how they come at you.

If you want to restrict peoples' options to the point where things are always fair, why have the open world?  It removes most of what makes this game different.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
Try flying something other then a Spit16, La7, or some other easy mode plane. Up a P39, D40, G14, G6 ect, try slugging it out in a more difficult ride. Personally I get more satisfaction from popping a Tiger or Panther with a JU87G or landing 3 kills in a G14 then racking up the kills in a La7, Spit16 ect. About getting ganged, I rarely observe even activity through out each countries respective fronts, one country is almost certainly getting the brunt. Getting butthurt and switching to one of the countries doing the ganging is certainly not the solution. All that accomplished was raising the ENY on the rook making their situation all the more difficult. In reality, Ah3 for the most part is a bunch of grown men flying pixel ww2 aircraft devolving in the "the lord of the flys" mentality. One country is going to be the poor little fat kid. It also does not hurt to attempt to start a fight. Yesterday I took a set of Ki-67s, went to A5 and deacked the field. I then announced that on country, and amazingly enough a gaggle of knits went over there and a gaggle of bish upped to defend. A 1 hour furball ensued with the knits unwittingly taking the field. 

Chuikov

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Try flying something other then a Spit16, La7, or some other easy mode plane. Up a P39, D40, G14, G6 ect, try slugging it out in a more difficult ride. Personally I get more satisfaction from popping a Tiger or Panther with a JU87G or landing 3 kills in a G14 then racking up the kills in a La7, Spit16 ect. About getting ganged, I rarely observe even activity through out each countries respective fronts, one country is almost certainly getting the brunt. Getting butthurt and switching to one of the countries doing the ganging is certainly not the solution. All that accomplished was raising the ENY on the rook making their situation all the more difficult. In reality, Ah3 for the most part is a bunch of grown men flying pixel ww2 aircraft devolving in the "the lord of the flys" mentality. One country is going to be the poor little fat kid. It also does not hurt to attempt to start a fight. Yesterday I took a set of Ki-67s, went to A5 and deacked the field. I then announced that on country, and amazingly enough a gaggle of knits went over there and a gaggle of bish upped to defend. A 1 hour furball ensued with the knits unwittingly taking the field. 

Well put.  Great points! 

Another thing that seems to happen more and more recently is the complaining banter on country.  Someone is always POed about everyone not dropping what they’re doing and joining a one man show on the other side of the map.  When those who are sort of working together on a base defense or take don’t respond,  the complainer get increasingly mouthy vs organizing a mission and leading an effort to fix the problem. 

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Well put.  Great points! 

Another thing that seems to happen more and more recently is the complaining banter on country.  Someone is always POed about everyone not dropping what they’re doing and joining a one man show on the other side of the map.  When those who are sort of working together on a base defense or take don’t respond,  the complainer get increasingly mouthy vs organizing a mission and leading an effort to fix the problem. 
That's what I do - take my SpitV into a gang of LA-7's, Pee-51 Runstangs, and Spit XIV's and they all scratch their head how I constantly turn inside of them...and then I forget I just ran into the chase-the-rabbit-horde of 7 enemy fighters suddenly on my tail all screaming for a piece of me.

A while ago, Hollywood and I ran into a pair of Mustangs - that fight lasted 20 minutes with Hollywood running out of petrol and me out of ammo. In the end, it was Spit crew 1, Runstangs 1. And 20 minutes of pure aerial combat bliss.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
That's what I do - take my SpitV into a gang of LA-7's, Pee-51 Runstangs, and Spit XIV's and they all scratch their head how I constantly turn inside of them...and then I forget I just ran into the chase-the-rabbit-horde of 7 enemy fighters suddenly on my tail all screaming for a piece of me.

A while ago, Hollywood and I ran into a pair of Mustangs - that fight lasted 20 minutes with Hollywood running out of petrol and me out of ammo. In the end, it was Spit crew 1, Runstangs 1. And 20 minutes of pure aerial combat bliss.

Nothing like a good 1 V 7.   :rofl

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
The dedicated ACM-heads mostly left either through frustration or from initiatives by HTC which seemed focussed on giving more and more alternatives to air combat. New fighter aircraft stopped coming, new tanks came, the 88-mm came  :rolleyes: The 12-hour protest saw the ejection of 95% of those remaining that I used to duel with every morning*.

So the high-fidelity flight model-based, edge-of-the-seat, 'all-in' ACM-based dogfights I came to love are now EXTREMELY hard for me to find, especially on my timezone. I'm left with the occasional old-school opponent like Trogdor, Copprhed, and some others, the occasional competitive duel against Blade or Rud3boi in the (now utterly ruined) Match Play Arena, or literally giving small gangs my 6 and trying to swim out of it. Or trying to hunt down infuriating examples of what's left - like certain unsportsmanlike, infamous Corsair pilots - whom I have to fight with one ACM-hand tied behind my back because I know they'll dive out, run to friendlies, ack, or mama CV at the drop of a hat.
The dedicated ACM stuff seems to be a niche thing to begin with IMHO, so why didn`t those dedicated ACM gurus continue to fight against each other? Considering what this game platform can do, I think the ground stuff was a good addition. For some reason different groups of people always try to change the MA to suit their exact needs (expressing thoughts is ok) and if that does not happen they leave (pretty pointless thing to do) although they have all the tools to get the kind of activity they want. Communicate with each other and do something.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
The dedicated ACM stuff seems to be a niche thing to begin with IMHO, so why didn`t those dedicated ACM gurus continue to fight against each other? Considering what this game platform can do, I think the ground stuff was a good addition. For some reason different groups of people always try to change the MA to suit their exact needs (expressing thoughts is ok) and if that does not happen they leave (pretty pointless thing to do) although they have all the tools to get the kind of activity they want. Communicate with each other and do something.

What I think most of the problem with nrshida's issue is, there's no "official" dueling arena.  You could get the gameplay he's looking for with a private arena.  However, and I think this is especially true for the duelists, there's no place where their records are kept, or shiny awards given, or a leaderboard, or whatever else they might want to show the pecking order.

I also see shida's point with the Match Play arena not scratching the same itch at all.  I think a DA set up more or less like the old one with a fightertown and no F3 mode would get some use.  Likely more than the match play arena anyways.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
You don't know much about the gaming community if you think they care about people talking crap to one another....go check out Reddit for any other game then look in the comments.

Gamers are more the type to leave if you say you are making chicken tacos and they show up to find spaghetti...aka a combat simulator where you fight town buildings.

Edit: Personally my stance is HTC should force players to have to fight one another even if half you suckers don't like it.
We been down this road before,Junkii. As BEFORE, YES GAMERS CAN AND MOST ARE PURE AHOLES. WE have several here....MY POINT IS...why can Aces HIGH not do better about knocking off the CRAP :furious If it runs ONE GUY away from our game,is it not worth knocking of the crap. Not everybody likes being called a cheater 24/7. As in my statement,heard that before..its just gaming or grow up...detune ch200. WHY SHOULD WE NEED TO DO THAT It doesnt matter how many changes AH makes,if the AHOLES keep making the environment crap. Quit blaming all woes on HT...we as a community SHARE SOME OF THE BLAME  I personally dont care what other games put up with....might be why I dont participate. This is the game I love and its getting toxic with all the BS. For last few months it has worsened EXPONENTIALLY. We have no way of changing GAME MECHANICS but we CAN clean up the parts we DO have control over.. Seems we as a game have forgotten Rule number??? Whatever...DONT BE A DICK
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 01:12:51 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Well put.  Great points! 

:aok I agree...it is getting toxic,IMO. When folk are fighting their own side more than the other 2....its SAD.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
We been down this road before,Junkii. As BEFORE, YES GAMERS CAN AND MOST ARE PURE AHOLES. WE have several here....MY POINT IS...why can Aces HIGH not do better about knocking off the CRAP :furious If it runs ONE GUY away from our game,is it not worth knocking of the crap. Not everybody likes being called a cheater 24/7. As in my statement,heard that before..its just gaming or grow up...detune ch200. WHY SHOULD WE NEED TO DO THAT It doesnt matter how many changes AH makes,if the AHOLES keep making the environment crap. Quit blaming all woes on HT...we as a community SHARE SOME OF THE BLAME

Tell you what, 1stpar3.  Come up with a reliable and practical method of controlling peoples' online behavior.  Do not tell anyone else about it, come to me and explain it.  Do NOT go to the patent office first, there is no need.

Respectfully, people are going to do what they're going to do, and until you come up with that ability to control online behavior (again do NOT go to the patent office before coming to me) it's not going to accomplish much.

Wiley.

JG11

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
What I think most of the problem with nrshida's issue is, there's no "official" dueling arena.  You could get the gameplay he's looking for with a private arena.  However, and I think this is especially true for the duelists, there's no place where their records are kept, or shiny awards given, or a leaderboard, or whatever else they might want to show the pecking order.

I also see shida's point with the Match Play arena not scratching the same itch at all.  I think a DA set up more or less like the old one with a fightertown and no F3 mode would get some use.  Likely more than the match play arena anyways.

Wiley.

I agree about the shortcomings of Match Play. I'm a furballer, but I hate organized duels. They get stale very quick. There is no element of surprise in the DA like the MA has.

It's like listing to one song from your favorite band on repeat. That's Match Play.

A furball in MA is like going to a concert of your favorite band. You know the band will play songs you like, but you're not sure which ones or when. Even when your favorite song is being played, it still feels fresh. That's what the MA can be.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Well put.  Great points! 

Sounds like HAVEABLAST.   :rofl
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member

Gee, I don't know, maybe they fly at different times?   :rolleyes:
”KILLER V”
The Damned