Author Topic: I love this game but no other game I play has me tabbing out to fill time in  (Read 28652 times)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
My initial post was about the level of inactivity I am seeing in game to the point I spend more and more time tabbing out.

Some of the responses I have liked so far which might increase activity are:

• smaller maps
  • 2 sides- or at least limit available bases to compress the fronts
  • player activated drone buffs.  Adds more targets

Basically find a mechanism for more active gameplay.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Does anyone recall when the H2H player arenas were closed?

Offline puller

• Gold Member
It took me hours to set up my controls in IL2...And IL2 is more complicated than AH...Oil cooler flaps and other random watermelon I would rather not worry about...I think the 15 dollars is what turns people off...I played this game for about an hour with a mouse before I went to Walmart and bought my first joystick...And have been here ever since...Our player base was older when they started playing...And have gotten even older and moved on to retirement or sad to say... keeled over...And young new players ain't gonna pay anything... Momma's basement don't pay...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
I never would have stuck with AOL airwarrior if it cost money after 2 weeks.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
MISSIONS and something to do when there aren't any...because the game needs to appeal to more people than just the forum fph's. hardly any of the ideas in this thread help the game. they all cater to the idea that these few folks need more kills. and the ideas reflect that.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Setting up controls here is no more difficult than Il 2 or War Blunder. Hell, War Blunder still has not figured out how to make a hat switch work properly. If a new player can't figure out the controls here, they wont in the other games either.

That is not true at all.  If you had read the initial comments from new players during the Steam launch, many of them had difficulties in setting up their controls, especially those that came from War Thunder.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
That is not true at all.  If you had read the initial comments from new players during the Steam launch, many of them had difficulties in setting up their controls, especially those that came from War Thunder.
Well that may be, not arguing the point really...I didnt read the reviews and I trust you. BUT War Thunder is a BEAR to get set up control wise... I cant get head position to work right with TIR in war thunder, or the stick to work right,its a big issue. Didnt like it at all anyway. Hate 3rd person views and seemed it was designed for game to be played that way.I had zero problem here in AH. Took 10 minutes...now scaling and fine adjustments heck I still mess with those. Then again long time players in here still dont understand how to set up sticks. Get those questions in forums and in game all the time. Maybe its a "lost in translation issue", I dont know. Set up here was alot like every other game I had played on PC. Maybe Wt is easier for the Console Generation?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 12:35:43 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
MISSIONS and something to do when there aren't any...because the game needs to appeal to more people than just the forum fph's. hardly any of the ideas in this thread help the game. they all cater to the idea that these few folks need more kills. and the ideas reflect that.

Because fewer kills/opponents are so much more fun. /sarcasm
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
they all cater to the idea that these few folks need more kills. and the ideas reflect that.
You might believe that but it is false. My ideas have nothing to do with kills or score or any of that. The vast majority have to do with players interacting with one another which is the only reason to play this game online or pay for it.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
You might believe that but it is false. My ideas have nothing to do with kills or score or any of that. The vast majority have to do with players interacting with one another which is the only reason to play this game online or pay for it.

Bingo. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
My initial post was about the level of inactivity I am seeing in game to the point I spend more and more time tabbing out.

Some of the responses I have liked so far which might increase activity are:

• smaller maps
  • 2 sides- or at least limit available bases to compress the fronts
  • player activated drone buffs.  Adds more targets

Basically find a mechanism for more active gameplay.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
Ooof.  I read through this whole thread and was transported back in time.   :)

Who here thinks that's a bad thing?

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member

Agree.  Most fun for me is the rare occasion that a group of players gets together and exercises some teamwork.  Seems to happen less and less as time marches on.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Agree.  Most fun for me is the rare occasion that a group of players gets together and exercises some teamwork.  Seems to happen less and less as time marches on.

Teamwork vs teamwork from the other side is when it's at its best, that's for sure.  It's a shame it happens so rarely.  One side gets its nose bloodied and they just vanish.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline puller

• Gold Member
Teamwork vs teamwork from the other side is when it's at its best, that's for sure.  It's a shame it happens so rarely.  One side gets its nose bloodied and they just vanish.

Wiley.

This 1000 times this
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde