Author Topic: I love this game but no other game I play has me tabbing out to fill time in  (Read 28648 times)

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
Fugi. Even the fight you described was stil player vs player action. My main gripe these days is the tools provided by HT to let players “play” but not necessarily participate in confrontation. Many of the tools were viable when the numbers were higher. Now the numbers have arrived at such a point that 20 people running supplies or hiding in guns represents a significant percentage of the population who aren’t participating in player vs player action. The game suffers needlessly from it.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
And folk wonder why(IMO the reason for this) The Alchemist and Flakhappy, back in AH2 ran missions NOE. If the 20k BNZs couldnt see you,it meant success! I cant wrap my head around your argument FUGI. Nothing in combat is SUPPOSED to be EQUAL OR FAIR. True this is a cartoon game and combat doesnt cost anything of VITAL importance, but the nature of combatants is STILL THE SAME. In this combat arena, the attitude has gone from Win or adjust your tactics...to a Win or I will just go home. If you do the same thing every time and get disappointing results...WHY is it the other guy's responsibility to change?  :uhoh I dont mean to come off as attacking you personally. it isnt my intention AT ALL. Its like every time you play, within the first 10 minutes you will be on 200 whinning about someone hoing you...like clockwork. How long have you played this game? You know its going to happen if you merge too close, so why not change your tactics. Its not the other guys job to change his, and why should he...if its working. BE THE CHANGE. Dodging ack and ho shots was first thing I learned. I know its coming, so I avoid it. Thats just how I think and its the really only thing I can point to about your game play..as an example.its not pointing fingers. If we want this game to thrive IT ISNT UP TO HT...its UP TO US. HT has done his part, and continuously tries to improve when its needed. TRUE, not every "NEED" is really a need. Its his sandbox, but I will be damned if I crap in it! I like playing in this sandbox and dont like to see others crap in it either. Does it get irritating....its SAND of coarse it does :uhoh Pretty sure of one thing...If there was something truly better, none of us would be here   :rock

And the NOE is just another way to avoid combat. Its game play changes like this that are slowly killing the game.

NOE's were soooo rampant that HTC dropped dar to the deck!

GVs were getting bomber mercilessly, range counter are adjusted to make spotting GVs harder.

Nobody can find GVs, they were sneaking bases all over the place.... we get GV dar, and a winner that turned out to be.

At least they are changes. Do we like all of them? Maybe not, but they help change the direction the game was going at the time. I just think it's time to make some more changes because as the game is played now, NEW PLAYERS ARE NOT STAYING!

This is a game..... I know far too many take it too seriously, but at the end of the day its still a game. A game is suppose to challenging and fun. If it is too challenging (ganged, hoed, chasing runners, dodging pickers, etc) players wont stay long enough to learn to turn those tables and have the game become fun. If it isn't fun...... why throw $15 a month at it?

Personally I have been HAPPILY giving my $15 a month to HTC since Oct 2001. I love this game, I love everything IN this game. These days I get one or two good fights a weekend and Im happy. Days gone by, it was a dozen good fights in a night. I still lose most of them but that is the way the game has gone. From a game that was full of action, fun, comradary and friendly banter with your "enemy" to chasing runners, dodgin pickers and toxic text messages.

The fun is to hard to find for a 2 weeker these days. They are not staying now, if changes arent made, what makes you think they will say next month?

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
You know what?

Dale. Fix your damn game. Fix it now or go out of business. Try something any damn thing. Do SOMETHING.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Fugi,thanks for not taking my post PERSONAL. :rock  We have tussled some,good to know we understand each other.   :rock I never saw NOE as "Hiding from combat" it was GREAT FUN. Think about it...where you gonna run to? All that was needed was planning....kill dar. 200 feet isnt to hard to stay under. We got jumped all the time :x BUT to a BRAND NEW PLAYER(2013) this hooked me HARD :aok Most game mechanics are still same as when I started,yet the complaints mount more and more. I really dont understand it. To me the biggest hang up issue is the Gv dar. To me, all that did was tell me what was coming. It doesnt really help to find gvs as much as it is purported too do :uhoh For me it was a way to HELP COMBAT. Why roll a tank for a parked plane(or a plane not on dar) somewhere in FLASH range. Or a plane(light for air,why I hardly fly in "Fighter Mode") for a Panzer flashing the base. If nothing else was going on in close proximity...upping in the wrong thing was just as much a waste of time as anything else griped about,IMO. Now we know, and can get right to the combat. Now,understand that my definition of combat may differ. too me ITS ALL COMBAT. I fight in Wirbs, M3s, Jeeps or Planes. Too me, ALL of this is fun. Take my ords out,I run M3s...leave me ord I will bomb anyone in any thing..Take out my vh and Hangers...I will fight in a gun, I LOVE IT ALL. Matching up against someone in a Wirb vrs Plane-in either role...THE BEST for me. Its nowhere near clubbing seals as I have seen it described. Most dangerous sport in game I know of... In plane(I love it in spixteen or Ki84) I am loaded down with bombs on deck, well inside a OSTI or WIRBS area of expertise. Exposed to fire from above and below...MUST be aware at all times. I cant remember last time I took off with an ability to go AFK AT ALL. Thats me,and my fun...YMMV
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Fugi,thanks for not taking my post PERSONAL. :rock  We have tussled some,good to know we understand each other.   :rock I never saw NOE as "Hiding from combat" it was GREAT FUN. Think about it...where you gonna run to? All that was needed was planning....kill dar. 200 feet isnt to hard to stay under. We got jumped all the time :x BUT to a BRAND NEW PLAYER(2013) this hooked me HARD :aok Most game mechanics are still same as when I started,yet the complaints mount more and more. I really dont understand it. To me the biggest hang up issue is the Gv dar. To me, all that did was tell me what was coming. It doesnt really help to find gvs as much as it is purported too do :uhoh For me it was a way to HELP COMBAT. Why roll a tank for a parked plane(or a plane not on dar) somewhere in FLASH range. Or a plane(light for air,why I hardly fly in "Fighter Mode") for a Panzer flashing the base. If nothing else was going on in close proximity...upping in the wrong thing was just as much a waste of time as anything else griped about,IMO. Now we know, and can get right to the combat. Now,understand that my definition of combat may differ. too me ITS ALL COMBAT. I fight in Wirbs, M3s, Jeeps or Planes. Too me, ALL of this is fun. Take my ords out,I run M3s...leave me ord I will bomb anyone in any thing..Take out my vh and Hangers...I will fight in a gun, I LOVE IT ALL. Matching up against someone in a Wirb vrs Plane-in either role...THE BEST for me. Its nowhere near clubbing seals as I have seen it described. Most dangerous sport in game I know of... In plane(I love it in spixteen or Ki84) I am loaded down with bombs on deck, well inside a OSTI or WIRBS area of expertise. Exposed to fire from above and below...MUST be aware at all times. I cant remember last time I took off with an ability to go AFK AT ALL. Thats me,and my fun...YMMV

And yet how many fewer people play this game now as from when you started? Not to sound like and old fart, but you have no idea of what this game was like. Your like the kid having fun at the playground , playing on the 6 foot slide, the swing set, and the see-saw. We use to have a twerly slide, a 12 foot slide, and one that even flipped you upside down. Our swing sets had double riders, some swings decked out as planes, others as animals (not many used them, but some liked them). Some of our see-saws held 6 to a side (everybody wanted Shuffler because he was the biggest  :P ). We also had merry go rounds and a jungle jim that was 3 stories tall with cargo netting all over it so you couldnt fall. See the difference?

nrshida is running his "Breakfast Club", one of the comment by Flipz (http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,393636.msg5224006.html#msg5224006) "best 2 hours Ive had in this game for 6 months", why, because they lame crap wasn't there. It was players fighting players.

Ive always said I'll be here giving HTC my money until they close the doors. If game play doesnt change I dont see that lasting much longer. I hear of players leaving all the time and I only play on Fridays and Saturdays. Last night I logged in, saw "Buzzsaw", only fight was on the Knight - Bish front, Rooks rolling Knit bases unopposed. Most enemy strats down to under 10%. Didnt even hang around to chat, just wasnt worth the time. If a new guy came in as a Rook last night and saw that after spending an hour setting up his controls and familiarizing himself with the game, how long do you think he would have stayed?

Statis quo is a death nell, everything evolves. Sometimes that evolution has to be forced. I think its time HTC makes some changes

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
I love this game but no other game I play exists.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
I love this game but no other game I play exists.

Can you translate that into English for me?   :headscratch:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
You know what?

Dale. Fix your damn game. Fix it now or go out of business. Try something any damn thing. Do SOMETHING.

So, it’s obvious you are pretty passionate, POed, or both.  It’s hard to interpret in written form.  As a suggestion, how about a list of specific fixes that you think will “fix it now” vs what appears to be an attack and threat.  Give Dale something to consider vs  :mad:.   :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
No, whatever your name is,  I am refuting the ridiculous assertion that people wanting more kills is bad so people NOT wanting kills (and the associated interaction such an event requires) is somehow better. 

The name of the game is combat.  More combat means more kills.  IT'S THE NATURE OF THE BEAST.
wtf are you babbling about?  thats not what i said and you know it. geez thats so pathetic. anyway, so do you think a bunch of fph wannabes running around with no other goal than to furball is going to save this game? that idea and the forum big mouths who promote that idea are whats killed the game in my opinion. thats as boring as it gets. and i guarantee you that new players will play about 5 mins of that sht before they leave. get them in missions and get them working towards playing a part of the team if you want them to stay. its really that simple.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
so do you think a bunch of fph wannabes running around with no other goal than to furball is going to save this game?

The flaw in your reasoning which illustrates your confirmation bias being that the FPH-group left long ago (probably pre-end of AH2) and yet the game...

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
. get them in missions and get them working towards playing a part of the team if you want them to stay. its really that simple.

Good point. 👍 With a few rare exceptions these days, it seems everyone is “lone wolfing” it.  The are a handful that get the teamwork concept.  Those are the bases that I’ll go to when seeing one of those players icon tag on the map.  Much more entertaining and rewarding for me than a 4,5,6,etc V 1 dog pack fight.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Good point. 👍 With a few rare exceptions these days, it seems everyone is “lone wolfing” it.  The are a handful that get the teamwork concept.  Those are the bases that I’ll go to when seeing one of those players icon tag on the map.  Much more entertaining and rewarding for me than a 4,5,6,etc V 1 dog pack fight.

Most of us lone wolf because our former wingmen have either quit or don't play any more. 

There are just not that many guys playing any more.   The fight has been precede thin. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
wtf are you babbling about?  thats not what i said and you know it. geez thats so pathetic. anyway, so do you think a bunch of fph wannabes running around with no other goal than to furball is going to save this game? that idea and the forum big mouths who promote that idea are whats killed the game in my opinion. thats as boring as it gets. and i guarantee you that new players will play about 5 mins of that sht before they leave. get them in missions and get them working towards playing a part of the team if you want them to stay. its really that simple.

Looks like someone got triggered.   :rofl :ahand
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Most of us lone wolf because our former wingmen have either quit or don't play any more. 

There is a way to remedy that, ya know.   :D

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
There is a way to remedy that, ya know.   :D

Not when I am on. 

The diluted player base has eliminated options.  I occasionally manage to form an ad hoc element but this is the exception now.  Action drives everything, what's his name's adolescent protestations to the contrary not withstanding. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned