Author Topic: Hits to hit sprites ratio  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
Hits to hit sprites ratio
« on: May 22, 2018, 11:04:26 AM »
 Is there a ratio between actual hits and the number of hit sprites actually seen on the target aircraft or structure?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Hits to hit sprites ratio
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 04:27:32 PM »
Is this question from seeing things like you shoot another plane, see no hit sprites, then they go boom and you get the kill message? That happens to me when some part of my path to the game server is not acting right. I just wish some times the other guy's path would act temperamental and have me fly away after getting lit up by a wirble with sprites everywhere without a scratch. I see that a lot and get an ear full from the wrible drivers around me about it when some guy's 190 can trash our field and not even sprout a leak. Who knows maybe it's becasue his path is acting bad and keeping him safe from us by accident. I should ask ATT if they can make my path like that all the time..... :O

Knowing them they would probably say yes for an additional fee every month..... :confused:
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 04:29:25 PM »
I would say there is and I also would say I have no idea what said ratio is. Apologies for being no help at all.

It's like when I hear on VOX, "say again", I have to transmit "again"  :bolt:
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 06:04:14 PM »
    Bustr...for example, you fire a burst of cannon fire and see 1 sprite on enemy plane and the ratio is 3 to 1, then fire another burst and see 2 hit sprites. Has the second burst had twice as many actual cannon hits as the first burst?

I'm just wondering out of curiosity. Thanks for responding. And thanks to fuzeman also.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 07:41:24 PM »
    Bustr...for example, you fire a burst of cannon fire and see 1 sprite on enemy plane and the ratio is 3 to 1, then fire another burst and see 2 hit sprites. Has the second burst had twice as many actual cannon hits as the first burst?

I'm just wondering out of curiosity. Thanks for responding. And thanks to fuzeman also.
I think you will see one sprite per gun that is landing hits. If you are firing with 3 cannons and see only one sprite, you are missing with 2 cannons.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 08:00:23 PM »
Did every round in RL make a sprite hit?  Doubt it.
I'm sure some went through the plane and never made a spark.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 12:54:05 AM »
It might also depend on the distance the plane is from you and what the convergence is set at.  Closer than the convergence setting may bring more sprites because the guns are not at the convergence point.

One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 03:13:09 AM »
Did every round in RL make a sprite hit?  Doubt it.
I'm sure some went through the plane and never made a spark.

Coogan

Having closely observed the Brewster I believe you're right. It had a thumb size hole in the rear and it looked like that very bullet hit and split the cast iron shield in the back of the pilot's seat. If there was any visible spark it must have been from the latter hit inside the fuselage. Unless the bullet is explosive the thin aluminium plate doesn't resist much more than the canvas used in WW1 planes. Hitting the structure below is another thing.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 05:26:47 AM »
Why are you guys offering opinions?  Either the hits to sprites match or they do not, HTC knows this let them answer it.  All you guys are doing is guessing and throwing conjecture, hearsay or personal opinions at the question.

HTC

Is there a ratio between actual hits and the number of hit sprites actually seen on the target aircraft or structure?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 10:28:55 AM »
Every hit shows a sprite.

HiTech

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 01:05:21 PM »
 :aok Great! Now FESS will think he has leverage with HTC :devil Kidding Sir! You know I already think you are a GOD in here. AH BUT...who do I mean??? :neener: Pony scares me :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 02:13:33 PM »
Thanks Hitech

Offline TriplACE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2018, 03:51:04 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 08:38:30 AM by Skuzzy »