Author Topic: Change to FSO Kuban Stairs please read.  (Read 2674 times)

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
Re: Change to FSO Kuban Stairs please read.
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2018, 01:41:26 PM »
LOL I hate Stukas. They always end up taking somebody with them. I told my guys not to fall for it but they never listen.

He did.. He said "Don't let them shoot you down." 

Repeatedly

Got film to prove it.

AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2018, 01:48:11 PM »

There are no "Allied squads that don't show up" in FSO there are just squads.

I was referring to the squads assigned to the Allies side this month.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2018, 01:57:43 PM »
As a designer and CiC, the one thing you cannot get perfect is attendance. Even if I assign 30 to defend a base, I must know that it could be any where between 20 and 40. As a designer, you must choose a number that you believe is obtainable in terms of attendance. If one side lacks attendance one frame, there is not much you can do. It is not the designer's fault that the side split was not accurate; nor is it anyone's fault. My squad went well over commitment last night for whatever reason. Everyone wanted to fly, which is great. Had we showed up with 7, the sides would have been more even (according to designed side split). Alas, we had 15 (a violation) and that turned the balance of the attack. If attendance continues to grow, I will be forced to go back to 11-15, which I do not mind doing. As part of the attendance/balance problem, KN apologizes.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2018, 02:30:18 PM »
He did.. He said "Don't let them shoot you down." 

Repeatedly

Got film to prove it.
:aok  :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2018, 03:17:31 PM »
I felt the Bf 109G-2 should have been limited to perhaps 24, but the log numbers do show a pretty even setup. I agree with Devil the 109F and Yak-7 is a great matchup.

I think we all know that the first FSO frame is the hardest to really guess what will happen, typically the CICs figure out what works and what doesn't by frames 2 and 3.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2018, 03:47:40 PM »
He's absolutely correct about the G-2 being the dominant fighter. It has speed and acceleration that the Yak simply cannot match. Their fuselage firepower is similar. G-2 has more cannon, but the Yak has better MG's. It's a trade off of longer duration for greater impact.  The yak is much more docile handling and can turn tighter, however.

The Yak is a much closer match for the F-4. it still comes up short on the speed and acceleration, but not by much. Both planes turn well. I believe the F-4 can turn tighter, but the yak handles easier at slow speeds. Might be the second best plane matchup in the game, after 109F-4 vs. Spit V.

Darn.  Wish I had known that beforehand.   Lol
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2018, 12:08:48 AM »
I totally get wanting to keep an eye on balance it's not so easy sometimes. Had the #s been too off for the Axis I would have scrubbed the Stukas and transferred the assigned players to Bf 109Gs before T+0. As it was I think it worked out. We are all aiming for the same thing; to have a balanced and fun event.  :salute
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24