Author Topic: Ever going to fix the flopping fish?  (Read 1358 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Ever going to fix the flopping fish?
« on: July 17, 2018, 07:34:50 PM »
The flopping fish aka where people randomly move their stick and we see random stuff on the other end....is it ever going to be fixed? Wasn't in AH2 and I have seen many different people post about it since AH3 was released...I've sent you film, showed a youtube video example and haven't heard a single response other then no it's not the servers. If it isn't connection then it should be able to be fixed.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Ever going to fix the flopping fish?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 09:19:32 PM »
I think they did adjust the "dont move your stick" thing a bit. They made it far too sensitive and pushed it back after complaints. Maybe they pushed it back too much? On the other hand I havent seen too much flopping going on. Most players know enough not to move your stick too much. It burns E and makes running to ack much harder     :devil

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 10:57:12 AM »
is very odd that it didn't happen in AH2 at all.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 11:33:36 AM »
 :rofl  :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 12:43:45 PM »
Have always enjoyed floppers in my tailgunners crosshairs. They like to think a level & speedy attack angle will work...  :x

Versus a true high angle attack :bhead
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 01:26:46 PM »
OH,It happens. Atleast a couple of times a night. Its not as prolific as say 3 months ago, but it comes in waves. Only a handfull of "Dedicated Floppers" but they usually fly together. Its mostly Yak3s and 190s, although the 1 or 2 Pony floppers make an entrance now and then. Its mostly the down low fighters that you really see flopping from. Guess its all they know...since diving to run is out of the equation. I have learned to just let them flop...They wont out run a Zero for long doing it,so just hold and let them flop. Like fishing...wear them out, reel them in and FRY THEM :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 01:41:53 PM »
How do you flop in a Pony?   I would like to learn this skill. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 02:11:48 PM »
FWs do it best with their roll rate that seems to be faster than the game can keep up. Though Yak3s and spit16s are pretty good at it too!

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 02:23:53 PM »
Have watched a Youtube vid by a <cough> well known player, teaching a "floppy stall", and have seen it done in the MA a few times.   :rolleyes:

Other than that, really don't see much flopping.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 03:30:11 PM »
How do you flop in a Pony?   I would like to learn this skill.
Oh trust me...Skill it is not. What it is is more KILL...on them. Seems with this one Particular PONY(cant say driver or flyer) if you can stay about 600-880 of his six for more than 20 seconds or so...LIKE clockwork, the FLOP begins.  SHUSH...I know,kill him sooner you idiot :rolleyes: May be why you havent seen it....BUT I was inverted :devil  :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 06:40:16 PM »
Is the flop the same as the stick shake........... :old:
Gnat

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 11:28:17 PM »
Is the flop the same as the stick shake........... :old:
Sort of, with a touch of VIOLENT epilepsy. Some really have it down.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2018, 12:37:20 AM »
The flopping fish aka where people randomly move their stick and we see random stuff on the other end....is it ever going to be fixed? Wasn't in AH2 and I have seen many different people post about it since AH3 was released...I've sent you film, showed a youtube video example and haven't heard a single response other then no it's not the servers. If it isn't connection then it should be able to be fixed.
ever going to come back and play again?
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 07:49:36 AM »
One stupid thing about the A8 is that can be induced involuntary by just do a sudden pull-up at 300mph, missing the target, or in case of being chased, render a plane to overshoot, leaving you with a plane that is just above stall and easy meat for anyone to take.

The guy that was just behind you is pissed...this can be fixed with elevator scaling only afaik.

A scissor is much better way of getting out of trouble against the hotshot planes flying around in Main.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera