Author Topic: Combat Challenge 24 - AUGUST 3, 2018 - 11PM EDT  (Read 4361 times)

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: Combat Challenge 24 - AUGUST 3, 2018 - 11PM EDT
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2018, 10:03:33 PM »

AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2018, 10:23:20 PM »
From the information provided above, what would you propose?
From that data, I'd say Seph was a bold faced liar. I'm glad, though, that others saw what I saw. The Axis had a 2:1-3:1 odds against the first hour (I left after that, enough data gathered for this). You have an end number to those who I guess logged in. You didn't bother to make it even because you wanted to score some kills. And you quickly grabbed that end data. Let's have someone go give a breakdown every 5 minutes or every 10 minutes, but that wouldn't look good, eh?
I can tell you this, like many of you, I to really enjoy flying the Combat Challenge to the fullest. I have been flying it since it first began and am currently not planning to stop my level of play. I took it over so that we could continue to have fun in Nefarious' absence.
So this gives you a reason not to run it fairly I guess because you have yet to answer the point of you didn't make it fair even after you said you would.
Let's try and keep our comments on the positive side [...]
You are very good at fighting for the side you want to fight for and a true enemy to those who are on the other side, no matter your position! (BTW, criticism isn't always positive in the eyes of the receiver, but if it fixes the issue, by George, I think that's pretty positive!)

I also said already, but I will repeat it again. I HOLD THOSE WHO STAND UP TO VOLUNTEER IN HIGH REGARD, that doesn't mean they have a free pass.
[...]and looking for solutions to our issues.
Stop being so obviously biased might work... If one can't be neutral, don't lead events? If you wish to be biased, be a side CO instead of in a position that requires unbiased opinions and views? If you can't accept that certain positions do not allow us to play as we want because we might not be able to do both to an acceptable 'level of play.'? I think those are quite obvious, but I have now spelled them out for anyone who... might need them to tell me why I'm wrong so their actions can be excused for any recent things that are similar.
Here are  few suggestion that we can all do to help;
  • Contact your squaddies and friends early and have them come out and fly on your side.
  • Talk up Combat Challenge in the Malee arena even after the event has started to encourage folks to still come out and fly.
So when the person who is running the event says to me and others how they will ensure the sides stay even by having others switch and they themselves weren't even the slight bit worried about, it then becomes our fault when said event runner fails to keep their own word? hmmm good to know also how during an event when we have no numbers, it's our faul;t for not leaving and spamming the MA.
Thanks for your help is trying to figure out how we can improve the event.
I told you most of this before. If you save your PM's, go check out the ones from BOWL.
Cheers...
Cheers!!
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2018, 05:06:35 AM »
Well I'm glad that the most important thing in any plane to plane comparison is straight line speed.....oh I almost forgot about guns,visibility,acceleration,turn circle,ease of use,gun velocity,amount of guns, amount of ammo, WEP vs no WEP,base amount of skill to fly....and on and on and on.

Warhwk I think you need to go back to school bud at this point this is down right sad again if this needs to be explained, and if your only attempt to convince me of all people is two charts for climb and speed comparison you definitely need to have some oversight before you set up anything more.

Because at this point it's either on purpose or you just don't know these planes(either is bad)
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2018, 06:17:20 AM »
Gentlemen,

Sadly enough, I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. You will show up and fly Combat Challenge as posted or you won't.

That is really the bottom line. I plan on having just as much fun as everyone else.

I am not sure how the insults help here.

So, for those of you who enjoy a good furball, we'll see you in September.

:salute
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2018, 08:14:58 PM »
Gentlemen,

Sadly enough, I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. You will show up and fly Combat Challenge as posted or you won't.

That is really the bottom line. I plan on having just as much fun as everyone else.

I am not sure how the insults help here.

So, for those of you who enjoy a good furball, we'll see you in September.

:salute

You've convinced me that you seem to know next to nothing about aircraft performance as it pertains to the task you volunteered for.... I'm sick of everyone babing you guys when it comes to the standards that should be met when deciding to become a volunteer of these events.

You don't understand the insults? insults? It's insulting to the player base that went axis that they were not only outnumbered but also placed in inferior planes. It's insulting to the level of experienced players in this game that you don't double check yourself before you put out the finished product, but see the secret is you have to care, and you have to assume you could be wrong.

Then the final touch you'll show up or you won't. Because to you there is nothing wrong with what you do and never will be....you're the only game in town so you either play how I want or pack your stuff. Nice. I could really care less about these things but the regular pilot the one who doesn't know any better who comes in and gets mashed because you're doing what you want they are the ones who decide to not fly axis again, or groan when they have to. Or tend to think those planes aren't good. You sour the game overall with this silliness you put up. and at this point with the amount of time you've been in game you should know better. but I can see the words now passing through and disappearing into the ether. I hope other who see this might gain a little knowledge and apply it to where it may do good. Since you're convinced that was an ok match up. and that's what matters right? if you think it's good then it is. right?

Pro tip: what you think is good or bad is irrelevant as your task is to create a fair and balanced events for the player base no matter what and you did not. like talking to the walls around here.
"No odds too great"

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2018, 08:52:28 PM »
You've convinced me that you seem to know next to nothing about aircraft performance as it pertains to the task you volunteered for.... I'm sick of everyone babing you guys when it comes to the standards that should be met when deciding to become a volunteer of these events.

You don't understand the insults? insults? It's insulting to the player base that went axis that they were not only outnumbered but also placed in inferior planes. It's insulting to the level of experienced players in this game that you don't double check yourself before you put out the finished product, but see the secret is you have to care, and you have to assume you could be wrong.

Then the final touch you'll show up or you won't. Because to you there is nothing wrong with what you do and never will be....you're the only game in town so you either play how I want or pack your stuff. Nice. I could really care less about these things but the regular pilot the one who doesn't know any better who comes in and gets mashed because you're doing what you want they are the ones who decide to not fly axis again, or groan when they have to. Or tend to think those planes aren't good. You sour the game overall with this silliness you put up. and at this point with the amount of time you've been in game you should know better. but I can see the words now passing through and disappearing into the ether. I hope other who see this might gain a little knowledge and apply it to where it may do good. Since you're convinced that was an ok match up. and that's what matters right? if you think it's good then it is. right?

Pro tip: what you think is good or bad is irrelevant as your task is to create a fair and balanced events for the player base no matter what and you did not. like talking to the walls around here.

I have a pilot's license... lol

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2018, 09:43:11 PM »
I would say that this Combat Challenge was disgraceful. Spitfire Mk Vs versus Bf 109Es and P40F versus C202. The first match-up is one of the worst match-ups I have ever fought against, the Spitfire is far more maneuverable climbs better and is faster than the Emil. More than half the Allies were in Spitfire Vs with  and I saw only maybe 2 or 3 P40s the entire time I flew. I flew both planes on the Axis in hour 1 and the C202 is the only one that could have a chance against the Spitfire V but the C202s guns were useless. This was the least fun I have had in an Aces High event ever I only lasted a bit over 30 mins in the fight due to how awful this event was planned out and executed.
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2018, 09:53:20 PM »
Not really sure how that applies here but.....
Vudu is right
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2018, 09:58:03 PM »
I'm not sure how this has anything relevant to do the argument. I would understand if he said: YOU HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO FLY PERIOD... but he did not. He said:
You've convinced me that you seem to know next to nothing about aircraft performance as it pertains to the task you volunteered for....
Notice how it says
as it pertains to the task you volunteered for
I guess a pilots license means you are an expert on all aircraft types. I wonder if a drivers license makes me an expert in all cars?
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2018, 10:21:06 PM »

Me too.... I've also been teaching folks to fly in this game for the last ten years through videos and in one on one training. I see how the average pilot handles these different planes.
"No odds too great"

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2018, 02:17:15 PM »
If you are gonna puke out a person do it in a pm. Stop making fools out of yourselfs. Al you guys have done the last few months is complain without suggesting any realistic improvements.

The point is the game has not enough players and all of you go nuts about it. Y'all are just looking for a scapegoat.

You can either be afraid of losing your precious game or you can contribute with a positive attitude to strengthen our community. Now your just hammering more nail's in a coffin already full of nail's....
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2018, 02:44:21 PM »
Dutch, there have been many suggestion of how to improve things overall and this past event in particular.

I identified the main problem (no 109F) over 2 weeks before combat challenge was held. My sentiment was echoed by a few others before game day as well. No attempt was made to address the concerns or justify the plane set imbalance either. We were ignored.

My C.O. even sent swareiam a PM a few minutes before launch asking for 109F's at some point before the first hour was over. The response was "What you see is what you get."

No surprise that it all went to hell.

As the saying goes: Garbage in, garbage out.

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2018, 02:55:59 PM »
I stand corrected on that one than.

However the point remains this section of the forum is toxic lately and it makes me reconsider if i still wanna play this game... I thought in this part of the forum there was still a sense of community alive making this game shine as bright as it ever did. I only see a black hole consuming itself here...
DutchVII / ULDutch
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2018, 03:11:50 PM »
However the point remains this section of the forum is toxic lately and it makes me reconsider if i still wanna play this game... I thought in this part of the forum there was still a sense of community alive making this game shine as bright as it ever did. I only see a black hole consuming itself here...

I like to add that this is not directed at you devil.
DutchVII / ULDutch

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2018, 03:14:54 PM »
I wish I could have made it, I was working a booth at a local festival.

But I will say this, I wanted to get rid of the Allied vs Axis aspect of it the entire time I ran the challenge. When the planes are exactly the same on both sides, the only issue that remains is where the squads go.

<S> I hope to make the next one.

I think Axis versus Allies is best. Even if Axis are outnumbered. But, if you are going to change it, do it at the beginning of the year. There are some match-ups that are simply too good not to take part in, ironically, 109F and SpitV is one of them. I don't know how an all Spitfire furball would be, but I am down.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com