Author Topic: Trinity - AH2  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Trinity - AH2
« on: July 06, 2018, 09:21:52 PM »
So all the things that were wrong with it can be explained.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Trinity - AH2
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 10:38:50 PM »
You could shave off about 5 sectors on each teams side.

The problem with this image is that it makes the bases seem closer than they actually are.

The "TT" imo, destroys the purpose of tanks in the MA. Should at least have fighter bases near it. A better concept would be a king of the hill approach with a single base in the middle.

Canyons are cool, but are perhaps too thin, causing very high and long flights. Lotta people don't have time for all that, especially if the dar is small.

I like this one better than buzzsaw though.

Just pointing out things from a fighter perspective.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 01:27:13 PM »
If that is the real location of the strats it is by far the most stupid map layout ive ever seen.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 08:11:09 PM »
I drove a m4 with rockets to the city complex many times.   

They never expect a tank to spawn below that awesome tank fight and traverse across below the ridge on the way to the city.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 05:21:05 PM »
You could shave off about 5 sectors on each teams side.

The problem with this image is that it makes the bases seem closer than they actually are.

The "TT" imo, destroys the purpose of tanks in the MA. Should at least have fighter bases near it. A better concept would be a king of the hill approach with a single base in the middle.

Canyons are cool, but are perhaps too thin, causing very high and long flights. Lotta people don't have time for all that, especially if the dar is small.

I like this one better than buzzsaw though.

Just pointing out things from a fighter perspective.

that's the problem with thick headed people--Tank Town is for tanks there shouldn't be a airbase or a plane within 100 miles of tank town.
or ant the very least no ord bunkers--eaiser to make vh's indestructible  like the mountain bases aka single vh v-bases on CraterMA
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 05:04:53 PM »
Maps IMO should almost be exactly the same on all 3 sides...topography changes and maybe a medium base vs small base is cool but all 3 sides should be the same...that way we don't have the issue which a lot of maps have that 1 side is going to be focused on first because it is easier to take.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 05:07:10 PM »

that's the problem with thick headed people--Tank Town is for tanks there shouldn't be a airbase or a plane within 100 miles of tank town.
or ant the very least no ord bunkers--eaiser to make vh's indestructible  like the mountain bases aka single vh v-bases on CraterMA

What is the point of a TT in the MA? From a strategic standpoint?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 05:57:27 PM »
What is the point of a TT in the MA? From a strategic standpoint?
Well...the TT concept now is dead. In years prior, there was always a constant battle going on with anywhere from 10-150 people at TT. The idea was to give tankers a place to go and not get griefed by low flying bombers and stuff. It happened once in a while but the 30K mountains deterred that.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com