Author Topic: NEW-----MA-----MAP!!!!______________GET IN HERE!!!!!!!  (Read 2871 times)

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: NEW-----MA-----MAP!!!!______________GET IN HERE!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2018, 08:07:39 AM »
Mine did...for about 6 minutes. Terrain was ALL JACKED up(when it was playing), the trees-clutter were floating above the surface, with large squares showing up under the floating trees. Looked like water under that, almost like the trees and terrain details were reflections  :uhoh Tried the film 10 times at different times and always crashed at 6 min 34 sec into play back :uhoh Nvidia Shadow Play filmed it just fine though

I really like the shadow play feature.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2018, 10:58:20 AM »
Played on the map last night!

Had a really great time. Great CV fights. Fights on all 3 sides of the map. Wasn't too big and bases werent too far.  There was  an area for all 3 sides to fight each other without it being a furball island. 

Got about 20 kills in 2 hours.

I think it's a good one!

Nice job Bustr!  :aok
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline DurrD

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2018, 03:11:05 PM »
I like this new map a lot.  I too saw some of the minor graphical glitches, but it was only occasional, and not disruptive at all.  Gameplay-wise though, this map seems to work really really well for a variety of play styles.  Thumbs up!
FBDurr -- A Freebird since 2013, been playing Aces High since 2001.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2018, 04:41:51 PM »
Two years of listening, watching, and experiments across the first two terrains I submitted.

Please don't make me watch anymore Mario Brothers versus the Keystone cops with shotguns videos from the competition's tank arenas. I watched too many just to look at their terrains at the tank combat micro level. They may have incredible graphics but the game play is greiferastic kiddy time becasue two sides are "forced" at each other who for the most part are not playing a tank game as a WW2 recreation SIMM. Our tank game needed realistic terrain scaled to a tanker's perspective which the competition excels at. That adds about a month or so onto the build process on top of the months creating topographically themed and scaled terrain for the air combat players to fly over.

I'm hoping AH terrain builders will follow suit with scaling terrain from the local micro 6mile diameter around feilds to the macro level as part of a unified theme. The competition has been doing that all along as a product standard to compete for our community's customers. They could not compete with our numbers at one time so our terrains could be a tad rough, Greebo began stepping outside of that and inspired me that it was possible to go farther. Our numbers today and the expectations of newer customers require some amount of graphics quality to compete with the competition's tiny but realistic looking terrains.

Riftval was my experiment to see if it can be done with the tools, trees\clutter tiles and terrain polygon limitations Hitech gives us. It can be done but, it won't matter what program or method you use to get a landmass into the AH terrain editor. The hard part is making it look as real as possible and play well from the micro terrain for tanks, to the macro terrain for airplanes flying over it. That took my building the first two MA terrains from scratch using only the AH terrain editor so I could eventually create riftval.

Without numbers to keep customers distracted, they will pay attention to what their surroundings look like and how that makes them feel about being in our game.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.