Author Topic: Radar Testing  (Read 28346 times)

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
Full DAR for tonight only
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2018, 10:50:14 PM »
Who in charge made this retarded decision tonight?

FULL DAR  is  dumb

1) Squads  cannot plan missions = breakdown of teamwork.

2) Strat missions = why bother????

3) Warbirds DIED  due to lack of  graphic innovations.  Aces High took over but now falling to the same problem introducing 'games'  such as  full dar.     Be warry  of  IL2, War of Planes,  War of Tanks, DCS...if you don't believe this then look at  Warbirds that died.

4) Full dar only benefits those  spying on all sides. 

Full DAR  ruins the  strategy and anonymity.  a complete retarteded idea by someone not understanding military exersizes
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Radar Testing
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2018, 10:51:07 PM »
On night 1 of the test probably becasue it is new, bases were being rolled like I had not seen in sometime, and more fighting took place than I have seen.

I don't think 1 night is a good test to gauge anything. A week if Hitech will outright give a cut off date if all he wants is to see how it effects the game play. There was certainly no hiding from combat tonight. I needed to test a wirble gunsight so I understood once I spawned in, tanks would eventually get me. I got 7 planes before the end. It was worth it, I had guys in E4's trying to bomb me by the end. Either your bombers shut down the VH or your tanks got killed is what happened at every base I fought at. Reminds me of AH back in the old bad days. There was a whole lot of fighting going on for a Tuesday night.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2018, 10:57:39 PM »
   This is a martial art, albeit a virtual one.  Like Okinawa Te, when I discovered That I knew or cared about no other system.  Until That was no longer available to Me.   I don't know about any other WW2 sims.  After downloading This in 2013 I practiced offline for 6 months before I felt like I was trained enough for the Late war Arena.  I thought It was as close to actual WW2 air combat experience as One could find, and still do.  I thought the addition of all the trees was to help the gvers survive. then came gvdar and now all encompassing dar, quite contradictory.  The Hardcore Bufftards like Shado will not like It, because I will see them upping and get My mark 14 to the strats  long before Them and be waiting at 36,000.  as My experience tonight, It will  make more players deploy ay 30k or above. Which is fine for  Me.   More players using the Mark 14. Tbolts and Ta152s.   It is a step away from true WW2 air or land combat though.  Something to think about, surface radar for ships.  The tin cans had better dar than the cvs. and pts had surface to air and surface to surface dar, but gv to gv and air to gv dar is not the way it was in ww2.  Have a blast.  Rodbuster out. 

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2018, 11:24:01 PM »
 :x  :rofl  DO SOMETHING HT....This sucks HT..."Your game is stupid"...CHANGE/FIX your broke game ITS all I ever hear...Then GOD FORBID, we get better graphics...launch on Steam...add VR and MAKE IT THE BEST SIM IN VR on the market....He ran A TEST   GIVE THE GUY A BREAK allready. Sure, some changes dont work out..it happens but DAMN. Oh Did he also mentioned he changed his hair color and cut his toenails? SURE someone with gripe about that as well  :bhead
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Full DAR for tonight only
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2018, 11:25:43 PM »
Who in charge made this retarded decision tonight?

FULL DAR  is  dumb

1) Squads  cannot plan missions = breakdown of teamwork.

2) Strat missions = why bother????

3) Warbirds DIED  due to lack of  graphic innovations. Aces High took over but now falling to the same problem introducing 'games'  such as  full dar.     Be warry  of  IL2, War of Planes,  War of Tanks, DCS...if you don't believe this then look at  Warbirds that died.

4) Full dar only benefits those  spying on all sides. 

Full DAR  ruins the  strategy and anonymity.  a complete retarteded idea by someone not understanding military exersizes

Full dar rocks.   It needs a tweak or two but I love it.   Warbirds had full dar with a floor.   It worked great. 

People who don't want to fight are the ones who are complaining right now.  I haven't had so much fun in years.

Give Hitech a chance to tweak it.    This is the direction the game needs to go.    Maybe some sort of inaccurate or "general area" radar outside of a certain range and outside radar rings.    Also an NOE zone.

This is a bold experiment and I am glad to see it.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2018, 11:26:22 PM »
On night 1 of the test probably becasue it is new, bases were being rolled like I had not seen in sometime, and more fighting took place than I have seen.

I don't think 1 night is a good test to gauge anything. A week if Hitech will outright give a cut off date if all he wants is to see how it effects the game play. There was certainly no hiding from combat tonight. I needed to test a wirble gunsight so I understood once I spawned in, tanks would eventually get me. I got 7 planes before the end. It was worth it, I had guys in E4's trying to bomb me by the end. Either your bombers shut down the VH or your tanks got killed is what happened at every base I fought at. Reminds me of AH back in the old bad days. There was a whole lot of fighting going on for a Tuesday night.

I concur.  It was a blast.  Nine kills in two sorties.    :rock
”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2018, 11:27:35 PM »
:x  :rofl  DO SOMETHING HT....This sucks HT..."Your game is stupid"...CHANGE/FIX your broke game ITS all I ever hear...Then GOD FORBID, we get better graphics...launch on Steam...add VR and MAKE IT THE BEST SIM IN VR on the market....He ran A TEST   GIVE THE GUY A BREAK allready. Sure, some changes dont work out..it happens but DAMN. Oh Did he also mentioned he changed his hair color and cut his toenails? SURE someone with gripe about that as well  :bhead

Yeah, exactly.   The man is trying out new things to gather data.

I haven't had this much fun in years.  I actually had to take a break from it.     :rock
”KILLER V”

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2018, 11:28:12 PM »
Full dar rocks.   It needs a tweak or two but I love it.   Warbirds had full dar with a floor.   It worked great. 

People who don't want to fight are the ones who are complaining right now.  I haven't had so much fun in years.

Give Hitech a chance to tweak it.    This is the direction the game needs to go.    Maybe some sort of inaccurate or "general area" radar outside of a certain range and outside radar rings.    Also an NOE zone.

This is a bold experiment and I am glad to see it.

We had that.  It was called Dar Bar.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2018, 11:29:30 PM »
We had that.  It was called Dar Bar.

Coogan

Dar bar sucks.

And for a noob coming into the game they had no idea what was happening.

This is much better than lame dar bars by themselves.

”KILLER V”

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2018, 11:43:08 PM »
 :aok
Dar bar sucks.

And for a noob coming into the game they had no idea what was happening.

This is much better than lame dar bars by themselves.
If you couldnt find a fight tonight... :uhoh dont know how to help you,thats for sure :D Now I can understand it from GV pov...I was in wirb mostly today. Didnt realize how many players CANT DIVE BOMB :eek: I got bombed 2 times,one was a CARPET BOMBING at a port...the icons being spread out along the warf MAY have been a bad location :x I got killed by a tank once...We had tanks going out to get the other guys tanks, so didnt affect my living or dying anymore than any other day. I DID NOT drop bombs on GVs today,personally I felt dirty just thinking about it,I like the challenge as it was, but thats just me. For the FIGHTER JOCKS....well fly to the other red airplane on the map...your search is over :devil A tweak here or there and may be on to something :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2018, 11:45:02 PM »
Yeah, exactly.   The man is trying out new things to gather data.

I haven't had this much fun in years.  I actually had to take a break from it.     :rock
Same with me Trogdor...oops  YES I KNEW...the TOP GUN quote gives you away :neener:

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2018, 12:18:53 AM »

1stpar3, your right, this is a test I'm sure. Hitech deserves all the support we can give him, there is no other games like Aces High. Down loaded DCS the other day, haven't been able to drop a bomb, fire a gun, kill a gv or land the aircraft yet. :o

I love my AH3, but tonight was no fun for me. First time that has happened since I started playing in 2012. Kind of scary actually. :uhoh
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2018, 12:32:29 AM »
A large part of why you found a fight this evening was the map, not the change in settings.  This map and Mindanao are both maps that concentrate action.  If you couldnt find a fight on one of these two maps without this dar test, you should rethink your method of finding one. I didnt log in until 1145 cst, which is a graveyard on some maps, and managed to find a fight.  It had absolutely nothing to do with the dar change.  Which is a silly change or test in my opinion.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2018, 03:26:23 AM »
A large part of why you found a fight this evening was the map, not the change in settings.  This map and Mindanao are both maps that concentrate action.  If you couldnt find a fight on one of these two maps without this dar test, you should rethink your method of finding one. I didnt log in until 1145 cst, which is a graveyard on some maps, and managed to find a fight.  It had absolutely nothing to do with the dar change.  Which is a silly change or test in my opinion.
Absolutely correct sir! I love these maps! I however noticed a WHOLE LOT of action...beyond the last several MAP rotations! Maybe I am too optimistic? That it will translate on other maps?