Author Topic: Radar Testing  (Read 29062 times)

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
Re: Radar Testing
« Reply #165 on: August 02, 2018, 04:40:40 PM »
I think its great for the game. New players can see where the fights are so it will be much more fun. We need more players and this will help a lot

It helps guide players to other players... period.    I'm not sure it's a "good" thing considering a large portion of this game (IMO) was "the hunt", trying to find the enemy,and hoping he/she was unaware of you.

How difficult would it be to make that radar delayed on a random amount each time; snap pic of all player locations update every 3-8minutes? Radar towers are live, but outside of that is a delay?

I dunno, makes me generally sad that because numbers are low(er than back in the hayday) that we need to muck with it. 
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #166 on: August 02, 2018, 04:45:20 PM »
It helps guide players to other players... period.    I'm not sure it's a "good" thing considering a large portion of this game (IMO) was "the hunt", trying to find the enemy,and hoping he/she was unaware of you.

How difficult would it be to make that radar delayed on a random amount each time; snap pic of all player locations update every 3-8minutes? Radar towers are live, but outside of that is a delay?

I dunno, makes me generally sad that because numbers are low(er than back in the hayday) that we need to muck with it.

This may be the way it goes.  It’s not a bad compromise. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #167 on: August 02, 2018, 04:49:30 PM »
Vraciu agreed with me... time to log off the BBS forever, retire ON TOP!  :bolt:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #168 on: August 02, 2018, 04:51:34 PM »

This may be the way it goes.  It’s not a bad compromise.

The arena settings already have this radar delay feature, set point is in seconds.  RadarUpdateRate.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline kavo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #169 on: August 02, 2018, 04:56:41 PM »
my feelings on the dar situation have always been clear.
I like to keep it as close to reality for ww2 as possible. the SIM aspect of the game is what made it attractive from the start. if I wanted pure gameplay I would have bought an x box.
GV Dar was an appaulling travesty when it appeared ..I was told it was because pilots couldn't find gvs on the ground.....well guess what. in ww2 they had to use eyes and ears.

now people just take a jeep, create a dar, park it in bushes and go shopping,knowing that it will irritate the opposition as the cant find the hidden jeep.

There was nothing wrong with the original game of ah3.Not everone is an ace pilot. I am rubbish as a pilot, but I enjoy being a gv`er. I enjoy being found fair and square and being blown up fair and square too. i also enjoy using some guile and sneaking in....yes sneaking in . with the town flashing ,giving a big clue i`m there ,not with a big red area indicating where i am just to please airboys.

aces high brought in gv`s, and they have the same right as aircraft, they are not easy fodder for aircraft.
in all i am completely fed up with the game at the moment and i am seriously looking for something else.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #170 on: August 02, 2018, 05:11:42 PM »
I know Hitech posted this way back near the start of this doom parade which means no one is talking about what Hitech says he is doing.

and I can test some different combinations.

When you test you need some benchmarks or base lines to work from. You think setting the radar to full on doom freak out and forum exploding head is to get a bench mark for his different combinations testing with the next patch?

-----------------------------------------------

For the next patch I am writing some new radar option flags so configurations can change and I can test some different combinations.

Enemy Vehicles On Radar
Friendly Vehicles On Radar
Show Bombers as Fighters

Also the BelowRadarAlt will remain active even if full radar is enabled.
It can be set to 0 to disable it.

HiTech
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 68EZPkns

• Zinc Member
« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2018, 05:35:10 PM »
I like to keep it as close to reality for ww2 as possible. the SIM aspect of the game is what made it attractive from the start. if I wanted pure gameplay I would have bought an x box.
GV Dar was an appaulling travesty when it appeared ..I was told it was because pilots couldn't find gvs on the ground.....well guess what. in ww2 they had to use eyes and ears.

now people just take a jeep, create a dar, park it in bushes and go shopping,knowing that it will irritate the opposition as the cant find the hidden jeep.

There was nothing wrong with the original game of ah3.Not everone is an ace pilot. I am rubbish as a pilot, but I enjoy being a gv`er. I enjoy being found fair and square and being blown up fair and square too. i also enjoy using some guile and sneaking in....yes sneaking in . with the town flashing ,giving a big clue i`m there ,not with a big red area indicating where i am just to please airboys.

aces high brought in gv`s, and they have the same right as aircraft, they are not easy fodder for aircraft.
in all i am completely fed up with the game at the moment and i am seriously looking for something else.

I have the same feelings about this Kavo. Im really thinking of closing my account. I cant see paying for something I don't want to play anymore. I also hate the GV dar , now this. Might as well get rid of all the strats and just make it a big furball. This 3rd day now and I have no desire to play this game. If you really want serious WW2 sim then check out Battleground Europe:WW2 online. Guess Ill go back to that. Will check forums see how its going but if Hitech adds anymore dumbing down of the game Ill probably never come back.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: August 02, 2018, 05:43:10 PM »
I don't think I've ever seen so much moaning and groaning. Reminds me of AoM griping about the side switch time a while back.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #173 on: August 02, 2018, 05:58:37 PM »
What's being measured in this test? Number of bbs-posts +/-? Number of players online? Number of whatever?

If its time played, please remove me from the data. I've been online slighly more than usual this week to see what this strange setting feels like. So please don't try to draw any conclusions from time spent online.

Offline drmoo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #174 on: August 02, 2018, 06:28:04 PM »
is lame squad wont do missions only good thing is cybro cant hide thats the only positive thing i see like they had gv dar in ww2  :rolleyes: dave :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:bo out

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #175 on: August 02, 2018, 06:35:32 PM »
Vraciu agreed with me... time to log off the BBS forever, retire ON TOP!  :bolt:

:rofl :rofl :rofl :aok
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #176 on: August 02, 2018, 06:35:43 PM »
I have the same feelings about this Kavo. Im really thinking of closing my account. I cant see paying for something I don't want to play anymore. I also hate the GV dar , now this. Might as well get rid of all the strats and just make it a big furball. This 3rd day now and I have no desire to play this game. If you really want serious WW2 sim then check out Battleground Europe:WW2 online. Guess Ill go back to that. Will check forums see how its going but if Hitech adds anymore dumbing down of the game Ill probably never come back.

I did close my account because of GV dar several months ago, then hurt my back at work and had nothing better to do so signed back up again. This...this abomination is so nearly universally loathed I can't see the experiment lasting much longer. I'm popping in morning and afternoon to see if Godmode is still operational then popping back out again fairly quickly. Would suggest you do the same.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #177 on: August 02, 2018, 06:37:45 PM »
The arena settings already have this radar delay feature, set point is in seconds.  RadarUpdateRate.

That’s not what we are saying exactly.   

Delay/snapshot for all-seeing radar “strategic overview” on entire map.  Real-time within dar rings or in friendly territory.    That may be what people are angling for. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #178 on: August 02, 2018, 06:40:06 PM »

GV dar bar is a fantastic idea.   It mimics eyes on the ground while giving you guys the ability to still hide. 

The whining about it is really kinda lame.  You want to be undetected to snipe people unopposed which is about as unrealistic as it gets. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #179 on: August 02, 2018, 06:41:31 PM »

Yeah, nobody would ever know a tank is in the area.   Unfair!   :ahand

SMH. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned