Author Topic: Radar Testing  (Read 29423 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Radar Testing
« Reply #435 on: August 05, 2018, 11:10:09 PM »
(Message Deleted.)

Oops.  Wrong window!!!    :x
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline DamPhyN0

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #436 on: August 05, 2018, 11:33:38 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 06:57:28 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
Re: Radar 2.0
« Reply #437 on: August 05, 2018, 11:34:04 PM »
Naw, Electro plays quite alot. He had been on the road for last few weeks, and came back to this. Hes a GREAT GUY. He would fall into the STRATIGIC Bomber/ win the war player. You have to admit...this has been hard on folk like this. I get along with all sides..its all fun to me. You also have to admit, Vtrogcruisegoose sliderIceman :devil that a lot of MISCONCIEVED information all over 200...may have been the shocker for him. I am with you though..IF IT HELPS...I am your guinea pig, test away  :banana: Oh, and I WAS INVERTED  :neener:

Thanks Par - and yes, I do play quite a lot...sometimes too much based on the number of hours I put into the game. Seeing the change was quite a shock although I did see the MOTD. My larger concern is the direction in which this may be going - or even partially going...just as it did with the GVDar implementation.

Full Dar has led to taking away many of the aspects of the game that has kept me and many others here for many years. Slowly, the gameplay has been chipped away at and what was once a game that encouraged good fighting on ALL fronts with aircraft / GV's alike has now turned into a 1 sided Bish versus everyone else battle. The full dar was really the last straw for me although I have spent many hours playing it since I returned yesterday.

The hunt & seek thrill aspect of the game has been completely removed, the mission planning, strategic bombing / GV'ing, etc. If I wanted this type of gameplay I'd play an arcade game or go play WoT or a handful of other incomplete games.

I'm all for improvements and game changes if they make sense...or heaven forbid even getting input from the actual player base and running live testing during a certain day / limited hours if they need the numbers to test it. I was one of the first ones that jumped on the AHIII beta when it came out and spent a lot to upgrade my PC seeing the potential it had for the future. I still think there is nothing truly out there currently provides the immersion that AH has had over the years...but...that is not enough to keep the diehards here when the game changes are significant enough that it is no longer fun.

The clock is ticking...

Offline DamPhyN0

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #438 on: August 05, 2018, 11:37:15 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 06:58:28 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #439 on: August 05, 2018, 11:42:00 PM »
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 06:59:03 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #440 on: August 05, 2018, 11:43:20 PM »
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 06:59:22 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #441 on: August 05, 2018, 11:43:56 PM »
This would work, and accomplish everything without totally ruining the experience:

Upon starting the game and clicking on Online Arenas / Open Melee, you get plopped in a tower with full radar and no comms.  You pick the field you want, and once in that tower, you get normal radar and comms.  The first tower would include a popup with basic info on how to get started.  At the end of your sortie, you can go back to the first tower if you want and find more action.

That accomplishes the goal of showing new people that there's action in the map, without degenerating into what happened this weekend.

Hey Jinx,

The one problem I see with that is someone (as usual) running a dual account and having the ability to see what is going on all the time. Or creating a temporary account for that purpose. We already have that problem now but on a lesser scale.

HT already made a smarter implementation of putting someone at an active base upon login so they have instant action if they choose...or they can look at the map for dar bar / one of their country bases flashing and see where there is action elsewhere.

If we want a game that caters to the newbies...create another arena with AI aircraft / vehicles that people can go learn and staff with trainers. The game for many years had good support of trainers, squads that would help newbies, etc but that has diminished over time. The veterans now have to cater to the changes so we can "attract more players" but IMHO the changes being made are not helping the overall game but hurting the gameplay in some respects. That coupled with the fact there is little to no input from the general player base even for feedback makes for a continued downward spiral.

Offline DamPhyN0

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #442 on: August 05, 2018, 11:44:58 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 06:59:55 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline DamPhyN0

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #443 on: August 05, 2018, 11:46:49 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:00:19 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #444 on: August 05, 2018, 11:53:40 PM »
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:00:52 AM by Skuzzy »
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline DamPhyN0

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #445 on: August 05, 2018, 11:54:48 PM »
Indeed! But there are many others.....

Offline DamPhyN0

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #446 on: August 05, 2018, 11:59:29 PM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:01:08 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:02:11 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #448 on: August 06, 2018, 02:38:56 AM »
Bustrs qoute on High Tech:

Phase 2 is coming up Tuesday, look at these new variables Hitech is adding so radar is not monolithic. I guess Hitech believes we are so attentive to the flux and flow of these forums due to how we will fight over the specifics of a single pea under 12 mattresses. That when he posts answers to real issues we will spread them far and wide versus ignore them and make up fake reality to stoke your discontent.

This Has Been A Test Of The AH3 Radar In the MA.

August 1

For the next patch I am writing some new radar option flags so configurations can change and I can test some different combinations.

Enemy Vehicles On Radar
Friendly Vehicles On Radar
Show Bombers as Fighters

Also the BelowRadarAlt will remain active even if full radar is enabled.
It can be set to 0 to disable it.

HiTech

August 3

My current thinking is it will change Tuesday with a new test consisting of full radar in tower (with the exception of below radar), and different settings when in flight.

HiTech
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #449 on: August 06, 2018, 04:06:23 AM »
Bustrs qoute on High Tech:

Phase 2 is coming up Tuesday, look at these new variables Hitech is adding so radar is not monolithic. I guess Hitech believes we are so attentive to the flux and flow of these forums due to how we will fight over the specifics of a single pea under 12 mattresses. That when he posts answers to real issues we will spread them far and wide versus ignore them and make up fake reality to stoke your discontent.

This Has Been A Test Of The AH3 Radar In the MA.

August 1

For the next patch I am writing some new radar option flags so configurations can change and I can test some different combinations.

Enemy Vehicles On Radar
Friendly Vehicles On Radar
Show Bombers as Fighters

Also the BelowRadarAlt will remain active even if full radar is enabled.
It can be set to 0 to disable it.

HiTech

August 3

My current thinking is it will change Tuesday with a new test consisting of full radar in tower (with the exception of below radar), and different settings when in flight.

HiTech
Kind of excited!  :x
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain