Author Topic: Radar Testing  (Read 29032 times)

Offline popason

• Zinc Member
Re: Radar Testing
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2018, 02:49:42 PM »
Maybe its time to switch over to IL2. This radar crap is for the little guys that cant find the vehicles to bomb. Lets get serious about the game. During the wars there wasn't radar for GV's. you need to be smarter about this game. Hitech is starting to fold under pressure from it high roller players. Straighten up Hitech before you loose all your players and income. I know my $15.00 a month isn't much but when you put all your eggs in one basket and loose it that will hurt. Go back to the Original game or chance loosing your players. PS: I don't need to make up a strange name to post. I'm proud to say whats on my mind.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2018, 02:54:02 PM »
If you revert icons for GV's back to 3k like they used to be, there would be no need for GV dar or GV dot dar.

These days, GVs can hide below trees in a way that no icon shows up. Extended range doesn't help for the icon that never shows. The gv-darbar helps to determine the area to search carefully. And by carefully I mean tree by tree, until Mk1 eyeballs detect a piece of the tank itself (not its icon). Standard scenario before capturing a field. Somewhere there's something hiding from a horde of attacking GVs and planes, only to kill one troop the last minute before town pops.

gv-darbar is an important tool to get through that last line of defense.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2018, 02:56:18 PM »
For the next patch I am writing some new radar option flags so configurations can change and I can test some different combinations.

Please consider an option that gives a choice. ADS-B in/out (only both) ON/OFF switchable on the ground. See and be seen, or don't see and don't be seen. If no other input is avaialble, tie it to score (fighter = on, attack/bomber/vehicle = off).

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2018, 02:59:05 PM »
If your mission is designed around lack of response from the enemy, your mission plan sucks.

Wiley.

Agreed
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2018, 03:13:42 PM »
If your mission is designed around lack of response from the enemy, your mission plan sucks.

Wiley.

:rofl :aok

<---- <3 it

+1  :rofl
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2018, 03:14:19 PM »
Hitech is starting to fold under pressure from it high roller players.

We all pay the same $15. There is a ton of crap in this thread, but this one takes the cake.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2018, 03:17:54 PM »

Wiley.

This is sig worthy.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2018, 03:18:42 PM »
I remember it happening, I thought at the time it was an attempt to mitigate NOE Mission Whack-A-Mole being too common.

NOE missions did not suffer from that as such, they only were impacted by the lowering of the dar altitudes.

One thing that happened was some reduction in strat runs (still central strats at that time) and those who did still traveled that far went much higher than before. Being 'on dar' all the time made them much more reluctant to try alternate tactics, even though much of the effect of increased dar circles was more psychological in this specific matter.

But the main effect was an immense strengthening of 'the horde(tm)'.
or one, many players were much more reluctant to fly outside the blob. And even more important, the dar coverage over enemy bases was much to the detriment of an severely outnumbered side. The 'lone ranger' trying to hunt goons to buy some time until some help would (hopefully) arrive was immediately spotted, fighters vectored to him and goons could easily stay clear of that enemy dot they could see way before visual range.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2018, 03:20:26 PM »
NOE missions did not suffer from that as such, they only were impacted by the lowering of the dar altitudes.

One thing that happened was some reduction in strat runs (still central strats at that time) and those who did still traveled that far went much higher than before. Being 'on dar' all the time made them much more reluctant to try alternate tactics, even though much of the effect of increased dar circles was more psychological in this specific matter.

But the main effect was an immense strengthening of 'the horde(tm)'.
or one, many players were much more reluctant to fly outside the blob. And even more important, the dar coverage over enemy bases was much to the detriment of an severely outnumbered side. The 'lone ranger' trying to hunt goons to buy some time until some help would (hopefully) arrive was immediately spotted, fighters vectored to him and goons could easily stay clear of that enemy dot they could see way before visual range.

Ah.  Similar to what seemed to be happening last night.  The only places people were upping was in crowds.  I am unsure how I feel about that.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2018, 03:28:19 PM »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2018, 03:49:16 PM »
When you have over 120 players as a normal MA population, you want to mitigate crowds for all the negatives that go with group mentality. When all you got is 120 players, you want to do anything to keep them together so the positives of crowds keep them coming back and paying their subscriptions. Other wise 120 people easily disappear into a 10x10 map and give new customers a bad impression about the game by just looking at the map.

Most of the complaints so far are by players who have no interest in playing this game as a group activity. I doubt the loner style of game players constitute the majority of subscribers. And in 16 years, the loners have had no impact on turning the group play players into loner style players. Or on Hitech's attempts towards the group players to adjust the game. In the end the loners adjusted and went on poaching the group players while complaining about how they are killing the game by not being loners. And constantly warning Hitech he was killing his own game by catering to the larger group of "group style player" paying customer.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2018, 04:00:15 PM »
Most of the complaints so far are by players who have no interest in playing this game as a group activity.

Since "group activity" is a bit vague, let's try to be a bit more accurate.

"Most of the complaints so far are by players who have no interest in playing this game with against enemy opposition, or with allies of differing play styles."

It is clear that the whiners want nothing more than to play only with their ilk against auto ack and cubic structures.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 04:02:25 PM by Devil 505 »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2018, 04:01:17 PM »
For the next patch I am writing some new radar option flags so configurations can change and I can test some different combinations.

Enemy Vehicles On Radar
Friendly Vehicles On Radar
Show Bombers as Fighters

Also the BelowRadarAlt will remain active even if full radar is enabled.
It can be set to 0 to disable it.

HiTech
All this because it's been determined that the radar is the cause of the low numbers?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2018, 04:17:36 PM »
This new radar setting makes the  game more arcade like.  I have watched bombers take off and seen fighters from a sector way turn to their path and intercept.  So much for the long climb out and avoiding radar to get to the target.  So much for trying to run around the flank and attack the target in the GV when you can see enemy tanks maneuvering to your new course.

The only way I can describe this is that it is a terrible mistake.  It destroys stealth, tactics and game play.  I must congratulate you thou it did make it easier to turn the game off. :old:

Exactly. Exactly.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2018, 04:24:23 PM »
whilst we are at tweaking the gameplay;

1) Switch time lowered to one hour.
2) Remove M3 resupply to town buildings. 
3) Remove the dot commands (this was/is FAR bigger at making things arcadey/ no fog of war compared to the radar change IMO)  New players havent a scoobie about them and old players who know them all can assess the exact war situation with a few quick fingers from any tower on the map.

I popped my head in to look at the radar test and felt that point 1 became more important.  You could see the good fight on the other end of the map without switching and getting stuck.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 04:27:48 PM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H