Author Topic: End of Full Dar  (Read 19496 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: End of Full Dar
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2018, 10:30:51 AM »
LOL asterix.........that's training the enemy to expect one thing and giving them a harsh surprise.

I love doing that but it became nearly impossible when the specific fighter vs bomber icons showed up.     

Now, you have to avoid any dar that might show your fighter icon and show up at the enemy strats to wait for the bomber interceptors or fly a TU2, get your bombs out on the way to the strats, and pounce on the enemy interceptors as they climb up to you.

It's getting harder and harder to do anything but gangbang in the phone booth we are being funneled into by these changes.

A lot of people whined about the 49ers long distance vehicle missions but I enjoyed hunting them and later on joining a few.   

When an entire country ignores the HQ or city flashing without a dar bar until both are busted down, then it's the fault of the players who think this war sim is only about furballing.   

I never saw them lift a finger to check on the city with a fighter sortie.......but when they did, it was with zero stealth so the 49ers knew when to stop shooting and stay hidden.

Many of the "furball only" guys are so freaked out about score that they would never bail a plane to up in defense of an important field is in jeopardy of being captured by the enemy NOE sneak attack.........then they whine about the NOE attacks.

A single defender has busted many of these attacks and some of these lone wolf defenders bailed from a b17 at 25k on a strat run.

The changes cater to a loud and vocal minority and what we now have is boring 9 vs 1 fights.

You guys will never enjoy the awesomeness of having NOE fighters or a long distance wirb. waiting near the enemy ME163 base to whack-a-mole the lifting 163s as your country mega mission heads to the strats.

WTG guys.......being incapable of doing the other 95% of what this game can be has forced the game to become 5% of what it can be simply because you lack the ability to think beyond the furball.       

What you now reap is being on the wrong end of 9 vs 1 fights or having to fight 8 friendlies to get a kill on the one enemy plane around.

TLDR.

However, insults WILL get one very far in here.  :old:

I will take a 9:1 any day over hours of empty sky.

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2018, 11:53:48 AM »
You guys will never enjoy the awesomeness of having NOE fighters or a long distance wirb. waiting near the enemy ME163 base to whack-a-mole the lifting 163s as your country mega mission heads to the strats.

Yup.  You got that right.  I would never enjoy that.

- oldman

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2018, 12:16:45 PM »
That was actually quite fun driving a M3 to a base that did not have any spawns into it and capturing the base leaving the red guys to wonder how it was done. Those days of having fun in the game seem to be gone forever. There is no strategy to the game anymore it is point and shoot. It was fun back in the day when you could drive a GV to a strat  undetected if you wanted. There was not one thing in the world wrong with the game not having GV dar. I guess a few complaining squeaky wheels get to control how the rest of us liked to play. This is truly not fun anymore. I guess if it does not change the $15.00 a month will buy me about 3 gallons of fuel in my  RV-6.

- oldman
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2018, 12:17:37 PM »

- oldman

:rofl :aok :cheers:
”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2018, 12:18:29 PM »
That was actually quite fun driving a M3 to a base that did not have any spawns into it and capturing the base leaving the red guys to wonder how it was done. Those days of having fun in the game seem to be gone forever. There is no strategy to the game anymore it is point and shoot. It was fun back in the day when you could drive a GV to a strat  undetected if you wanted. There was not one thing in the world wrong with the game not having GV dar. I guess a few complaining squeaky wheels get to control how the rest of us liked to play. This is truly not fun anymore. I guess if it does not change the $15.00 a month will buy me about 3 gallons of fuel in my  RV-6.

If you can own an RV-6 I doubt you’d miss $15 a month even if you lost it in the street....
”KILLER V”

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2018, 12:36:17 PM »
All of this doomsday talk is pretty funny.

public service announcement:

HiTech is testing different solutions concerning radar and more than likely many other areas as well.

Sit back, relax and let the man work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2018, 12:37:14 PM »

No, what happened was a certain squad abused it, going out of their way to keep dar down not only for hours, but days a couple of times. When something is abused to the point of players logging out in droves and canceling subscriptions, HTC will/must make changes. It was the same with the NOE issues. it was like 90% of all missions were NOE and the defenders were playing "wack-a-mole". They started loggin off and canceling subscriptions and so radar was changed.

The problem with the "open sandbox" is that while there is a wide open range of things to do, it also leaves open avenues where bad game play can be exploited.

This new dar test is something else. Game play was faltering due to not having an easy way to find "action", people are loggin out and leaving and more importantly NEW players are not staying. HTC is again making an adjustment. Is the the final setup? I really doubt it. Will some people quit do to what ever the final setup is? YUP! Thats just the way it is, you cant please all the people all the time. But if 3 or 4 new players stick around for every one that leaves in a huff, Im sure HTC can live with that.

You are all looking at this from YOUR POV. HTC has to look at it from a business POV. Sure he may tick off a few old timers but if it brings in more new players, thats the way it must be. I miss my old game. This game has very little of the game play I enjoyed here 10 years ago, but if you want to stick with the best WWII game out there, you have to adapt. If you cant, well, dont let the door hit you in the a ss on the way out  :devil   

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2018, 12:38:47 PM »
Does anyone bother to read what HT posts?

he is testing out some radar ideas and as he stated, he expects to implement another variation on or around Tuesday.

Let the man employ his trade and lets see what solution he is going to implement and test.

Probably not.  HTC making a detailed post in a thread created by them, about testing or changes to the game would be a better idea.  Then it wouldnt be neccessary to read through the drool that certain people post on current threads literally all day long.  A little clarity would go a long way, without having to read through 1,200 of vracius posts to find answers or relevant information.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2018, 12:41:07 PM »
Vracius isn’t the only post bombing these threads.

These threads devolve in to playground bickering very quick

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2018, 12:42:49 PM »
Vracius isn’t the only post bombing these threads.

These threads devolve in to playground bickering very quick

Post bombing?

I’m replying to specific questions and references, most of which are directed at me.

If people don’t like it then they can put me on the ignore list.  They’re probably not involved in the conversation others and I are having any way.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 01:05:15 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2018, 12:45:39 PM »
Post bombing would be in reference to the number of posts within a short period of time.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2018, 12:47:37 PM »
Post bombing would be in reference to the number of posts within a short period of time.

That implies a perjorative.   (Not necessarily on purpose by you, I might add, as our interactions are basically civil.)

I’m responding to multiple posts and I type fast.   It’s not like they’re single sentence posts dropped one word at a time like a certain Rule #11 a few pages back. THAT is post bombing.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 01:16:34 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2018, 12:48:29 PM »
Probably not.  HTC making a detailed post in a thread created by them, about testing or changes to the game would be a better idea.  Then it wouldnt be neccessary to read through the drool that certain people post on current threads literally all day long.  A little clarity would go a long way, without having to read through 1,200 of vracius posts to find answers or relevant information.

:ahand :rolleyes:
”KILLER V”

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2018, 01:11:43 PM »
Literally being able to B-line it to players rolling off the field isn't a good thing.

I predict much more BnZ planes to avoid the be-line hoard.

Imo,  a much better approach without changing too much of the game is to make the radar harder to destroy. It's that simple.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2018, 01:28:50 PM »
No, what happened was a certain squad abused it, going out of their way to keep dar down not only for hours, but days a couple of times. When something is abused to the point of players logging out in droves and canceling subscriptions, HTC will/must make changes. It was the same with the NOE issues. it was like 90% of all missions were NOE and the defenders were playing "wack-a-mole". They started loggin off and canceling subscriptions and so radar was changed.

The only thing the 49ers abused was the laziness of the "victims" who couldn't be bothered to simply up a plane to see what was going on.

I did it on their first few long missions and immediately found them, bombed them, and eventually joined them since I had been driving myself to down the HQ with random accomplices long before they did.

Their tracers were visible for almost a complete sector yet you have to be there to see that.

If you don't up out of curiosity or to protect strats, you deserve them being downed.

I mean, who wouldn't like dropping 4 bombs and killing 10 tanks in one mission?