Author Topic: End of Full Dar  (Read 19835 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: End of Full Dar
« Reply #180 on: August 11, 2018, 03:39:12 PM »

I'm usually on your side but I'm not backing this kind of behavior.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 04:27:01 PM by icepac »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #181 on: August 11, 2018, 04:45:46 PM »
My account is closed until such time.
Most ridiculous game change I've ever seen.

Coogan

Fake News

You havent played in a couple of months, unless its been under a shade  :noid

I ran single buff milk run this afternoon and landed almost 30K in damage. Just a bit of planning and it can still be done. As a fighter, we still had a "horde" type fight but it was easy to watch your 6 a bit better and made the fights just that much better not being ganged.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #182 on: August 11, 2018, 05:03:35 PM »

I'm usually on your side but I'm not backing this kind of behavior.

Likewise. 

And we've been friends a long time.   

The notion people weren't having trouble finding fights is wrong.   Period.   There is an ample cross section of the player base saying so.  It's not isolated to one or two individuals. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2018, 08:55:28 AM »
It's funny that the pro-full-dar folks think the only reason others don't like it is because they "avoid combat" or can't hide anymore.

When did you stop beating your wives?

It was not hard to find fights if you could read the map. Maybe newbs (and some vets!) need a short tutorial video or guide on how to read the bar dar.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #184 on: August 12, 2018, 11:30:58 AM »
It's funny that the pro-full-dar folks think the only reason others don't like it is because they "avoid combat" or can't hide anymore.

It was not hard to find fights if you could read the map. Maybe newbs (and some vets!) need a short tutorial video or guide on how to read the bar dar.

Sweet generalization  :aok

has it crossed your mind that all of this radar testing is for those that are just now joining us and those that are thinking about joining us?

you can't have a massive arena and just have a green or red bar across the top left corner and expect those that have never played to understand what is going down with the map. that would be like rolling up to a bar that has it's lights on but the parking is underground. Sure, the lights are on and there might be some people in there but is it a happening place or is it the bar that has three regulars and no new blood because the bar doesn't properly advertise it's events?

10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2018, 11:40:02 AM »
The raging clues of dar bars and bases flashign have become "not enough"?     

Many complainers about not finding fights are the first to pipe up in the buffer about a base falling or the HQ/Strats being downed when they, themselves, ignored all the clues.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2018, 11:43:12 AM »

I'm trying to stay out of this conversation but this cannot be left hanging out there without a rebuttal...

I've been playing this style of game for over a decade.   I can read a flipping map.   Others can, too.  You anecdotal experience is not applicable to a wide swath of the population as all of these threads amply demonstrate.

The raging clues of dar bars and bases flashign have become "not enough"?     

Many complainers about not finding fights are the first to pipe up in the buffer about a base falling or the HQ/Strats being downed when they, themselves, ignored all the clues.

No, they're not.  Especially chasing ghosts halfway across the map.   Vets already had problems for extended periods during the day (or night depending on your time zone), noobs would find it impossible.

Anyone who thinks that finding fights under the old settings was not sometimes impossible is dreaming in Technicolor.

Hitech is trying some new things so let's just wait and see how it shakes out.   I don't necessarily agree with every single change he's made but I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt in good faith.   I think he is on the right track in any event.  Let him work the issue with a little less static and fewer tantrums from the players for cryin' out loud.  "THIS IS ONLY A TEST.   IF IT WERE AN ACTUAL EMERGENCY..."

« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 12:56:13 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #187 on: August 12, 2018, 11:55:43 AM »
Fake News

You havent played in a couple of months, unless its been under a shade  :noid

I ran single buff milk run this afternoon and landed almost 30K in damage. Just a bit of planning and it can still be done. As a fighter, we still had a "horde" type fight but it was easy to watch your 6 a bit better and made the fights just that much better not being ganged.

It doesn't matter how long since I've played, i have kept my subscription up to date.
That is, until this unnecessary dar change.
So please, go hump someone else's ankle.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2018, 11:57:01 AM »
It doesn't matter how long since I've played, i have kept my subscription up to date.

Coogan

Wait, so you don't play...and thus are not at all impacted by any radar change...but you are unsubscribing in protest--and thereby attempting to impact changes that may be a benefit to those of us who *DO* play?

To borrow your phrase: Go pee on someone else's ankle and tell them it's rain.

You're better than that Coogan.  (I hope.)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 11:58:32 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #189 on: August 12, 2018, 12:02:23 PM »

has it crossed your mind that all of this radar testing is for those that are just now joining us and those that are thinking about joining us?

you can't have a massive arena and just have a green or red bar across the top left corner and expect those that have never played to understand what is going down with the map. that would be like rolling up to a bar that has it's lights on but the parking is underground. Sure, the lights are on and there might be some people in there but is it a happening place or is it the bar that has three regulars and no new blood because the bar doesn't properly advertise it's events?

Thing is, we don't know that new players are leaving due to inability to find fights.  Recalling my past experiences as a new player in both AW and AH, that was not an issue.  IMHO, most posting in favor of more extensive radar are pursuing a personal agenda. 

MH

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #190 on: August 12, 2018, 12:02:53 PM »
A few things I like about the new dar.....

• I can spend more time PLAYING the game as apposed to WATCHING the game. With some player with a limited amount of time this is a big plus.
  • I can see who wants to play. If I turn toward a con and he DOESNT turn away, he wants to play. I no longer waste time chasing those that DONT want to play around the map.
  • If I get tired of the horde I can find a quite spot were one or two guys are hitting a base and KNOW they are air cons and not GVs. Again, no waste of time.
  • I like that when a team mate calls out a CV sighting I know were an ENEMY CV is. With Hitech thinking of adding this as an automatic part of the rad dar (scouts opening up bigger areas of open dar) I think this would be a great addition.
  • I can avoid getting ganged. If when I move toward a con and one or two others join that con I sometimes continue on looking for the challenge. If however 4 or 5 cons look to be joining I can turn away before Im surrounded by a gang.
  • I think this setup is a big plus in helping newbis find action with out having to up in the middle of a vulchfest.

As a down side, I dont see much. I ran a single set of buffs at 20k and milk ran a few towns and only had one guy come after me. Well co-ordinated missions..... something that has been lacking for some time in this game ... will be more of the norm I hope.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #191 on: August 12, 2018, 12:05:26 PM »

Coogan

The point is that if you have never played in the arena WITH the new settings how can you possibly know if it is any good or not?

You point of view has no validity as you have never experienced the new dar setups. So everyone should know your opinion matters for even less.   

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2018, 12:11:17 PM »

That's a fair point, but the new dar settings are the equivalent to many of us of having the bar in the parking lot on a cold and drizzly night.
And yeah, I get it that this is "just a test." But it points to a direction HT intends to take the game in order to get new subscribers. I don't see things reverting back to how they were before the test, do you? Hence the angst.

One would think that people who have been playing the game for many years are more valuable customers to HT than any newbs who might be attracted to the more obvious activity on the map because they are:
1) potential mentors to newbs in a game that has a steep learning curve, and
2) because they've been dependably forking over $15/mo. all that time.

Here's hoping HT strikes a livable balance in that regard somehow. I frankly don't see it happening: for many, the cure is its own disease.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #193 on: August 12, 2018, 12:26:00 PM »
That's a fair point, but the new dar settings are the equivalent to many of us of having the bar in the parking lot on a cold and drizzly night.
And yeah, I get it that this is "just a test." But it points to a direction HT intends to take the game in order to get new subscribers. I don't see things reverting back to how they were before the test, do you? Hence the angst.

One would think that people who have been playing the game for many years are more valuable customers to HT than any newbs who might be attracted to the more obvious activity on the map because they are:
1) potential mentors to newbs in a game that has a steep learning curve, and
2) because they've been dependably forking over $15/mo. all that time.

Here's hoping HT strikes a livable balance in that regard somehow. I frankly don't see it happening: for many, the cure is its own disease.

Cant find a balance without testing.

No, the cure is a disease to a select few who think their time spent paying a sub somehow matters to the big picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2018, 12:33:33 PM »
I didn't think I would be but I'm actually liking the current radar settings
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait